Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010, 22:54   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Carling Cup -v- Newcastle!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribbster View Post
also! i think fans who travelled to doncaster should get first dibs on tickets!
I hope this is true

i havent got a season ticket anymore and ive got a horrible feeling i might miss out on this
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-08-2010, 23:03   #62
Junior Member+

I don't see why the police would turn out in massive numbers to be honest. We're not as bad as people make out, and we definitely wouldn't cause bother at Accrington. We don't cause bother at most places, it's just the odd few idiots who have to spoil them selves.
Magpie Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 23:05   #63
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

[quote=carpon;836450]For me, they didn't !!! I'd say they brought about 8-900 !!!! Anyone got an ACTUAL figure of how many fans Fulham brought???

Fulham games Attendance was 3712...... fulham had an allocation of 1200 tickets of which 400 were sold and 800 returned as reported at the time. with the crown grounds current capacity being 4,500 i would would think that newcastle will be given the same amount ie 1200 t 1300 tickets as the away end hold 1000 standing and between 200 /300 seats in the whinney hill stand. a temp stand might be an oppsion as a one off for this game
Old 11-08-2010, 23:09   #64
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I hope this is true

i havent got a season ticket anymore and ive got a horrible feeling i might miss out on this
might be the case were by that season ticket holders will be able to buy more than one ticket say a max of 2/3 in which case pm me or any other season ticket holder when ticket info is announced
Old 11-08-2010, 23:16   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
might be the case were by that season ticket holders will be able to buy more than one ticket say a max of 2/3 in which case pm me or any other season ticket holder when ticket info is announced
i hope so... im goin uni this year so i decided not to buy one! but ive been doncaster away... so gutted if i dont get one!
Old 11-08-2010, 23:24   #66
Senior Member+

i just hope that they can get it right this time unlike the farce with fulham tickets. I'd like to think that all of those deserved of tickets will somehow acquire them.
Old 11-08-2010, 23:31   #67
Senior Member+

Your all missing one vital point on the subject of when the game will be played, Blackburn are also at home in round 2 and local plod will not cope with 2 matches on the same night so expect one to move. As perhaps, our tie is a little bit more high profile and possibly on Sky, then they will be the ones who dictate when it should be played with Blackburn moving there game to accommodate. Anyhow, whatever happens, it will be a great match for Stanley and all connected with the club. One game I am really looking forward to and under no circumstances will I miss this one.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 23:34   #68
Senior Member+

will sponsors of players be able to get tickets?
Old 11-08-2010, 23:40   #69
Full Member+

Well IF it is played at the Crown, I'd hope that after Season Ticket holders, who should incidentally be, in MY opinion restricted to 2 tickets per Season Ticket, Other fans who can produce stubs from either the Aldershot game or a ticket from the Donny game should get second option before open sale.

If the club are clever about this, they could make the Macc game a very decent gate by stating anyone who wants a ticket from the general sale (of what will be a very limited supply of tickets) wanting to buy a Newcastle ticket would have to produce a stub for the Macc game on collection of the Newcastle ticket, and possibly knocking off a couple of quid for the Macc game ????

I know about half a dozen neutrals, if not more, who will want tickets for this game along with a few local geordie fans who don't get up to Newcastle much for home games, but will want to watch this one !!!

I didn't get a season ticket due to the fact that I miss quite a few midweek games due to work and financial constraints (i.e. not being financially practical and it was a large lump to stump up in one hit)

That said I go to 80-85% of home games and travel away, where reasonably practical.

So when it comes to selling tickets for what is likely to be as sought after an event as finding rocking horse do-da's or the goose that laid the golden egg, I hope some common sense prevails.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 11-08-2010 at 23:45. Reason: typo
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 23:57   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
will sponsors of players be able to get tickets?
who do you sponsor fella and also due to our location we can't have a season ticket as we can't commit to every game however we always sponsor 2 players and subscribe to the legends @ £20 a month for no intrinsic gain and that adds up to a few quid a season on top of our attendance, programmes, beers and and all other associated costs. just wished we lived closer so we could be there for every home game!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 00:00   #71
Senior Member+

no one yet, but would do if it got me a ticket or two.
Old 12-08-2010, 00:14   #72

Bloody hell, I literally lost my breath when I saw the tie.

NEWCASTLE c'mon that's gonna be awesome.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:53   #73
God Member

I'm starting to feel ill already - or is it because I'm working nights that week
Come on, make a good excuse up for me for a siccy, I aint missing this game

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:09   #74
God Member

Smile Re: Carling Cup -v- Newcastle!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
Fair point, however they had further to travel; are probably nowhere near as well supported as your guys are supported away from home and the demand for home tickets, not just from Accy fans but neutrals who might want to take in the game, will make that Fulham game look like a tea party to organise logistically !!!

I'd hope that the Commercial department are also about to go into overdrive thinking about marketing memorabilia (scarves,flags, etc)
With the potential money this can make the club, with the possibility of T.V. revenue added, this sort of money change the season. I really hope that the club holds true to their word and let's Coley have a chance to splash a little cash.
I have it on good authority that they are on with it

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:15   #75
God Member

Also heard that news of tickets etc. will be on site very soon......

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..