Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2010, 17:43   #136

Re: Carling Cup -v- Newcastle!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
You sure? I thought the figure was normally about 30/40K and it may even be that the opposition (Newcastle) get a chunk of that. In addition, on that wednesday night I'm pretty certain that Sky will also be showing a European qualifier game involving Spurs, which should be interesting for me because I'll be in London and I don't want to have to kick some north London tosspots in the goolies in order to get the right channel on t'pub telly.

5th paragraph mate!
Old 12-08-2010, 17:55   #137
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribbster View Post

5th paragraph mate!
You obviously have full confidence in the club management when it comes to monetary matters.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 18:05   #138
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Think i right in saying this!! each club 45% each of the gate money and 10% goes in to the carling cup pool after exspenses,tv money is payed to each club by sky tv reported to be £100k that will be each not £100k shared,any money from other sales ie goods from the stanleystore and ground and game sponsers for the game and programme sales will be stanleys.if the entrance fee is similer to fulhams game then your looking at a figure of around £75k!take out exspenses and fa 10% cut,both clubs may get in the region of £30k..so all in all should be a good night for the stanley coffers..
Old 12-08-2010, 18:08   #139
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
fa 10% cut,
Think the FA get exactly that.. FA
Old 12-08-2010, 18:13   #140
God Member

Well, I agree on your calc on the net gate receipts....but I've still got a question mark over the TV dosh. But lets hope you're right, because £130K total is one hell of a boost on the seasons turnover.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 18:15   #141
God Member

I think the fans who travelled to Doncaster, should be eligible for priority tickets. Ash will have a list of the travellers.
The club could use this list as proof of eligibility, and offer them tickets, on the same terms as the season ticket holders.
The remaining tickets can then go on open sale.
I know some made their own way to Doncaster, maybe they could show their ticket stubs to prove eligibility, and be brought onto the priority list.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 18:19   #142
Senior Member+

So just because I missed Doncaster , (as I was working but have a season ticket and attend about 90% of all games home and away), means im 2nd in the queue??? Dont think so somehow.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 18:33   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
So just because I missed Doncaster , (as I was working but have a season ticket and attend about 90% of all games home and away), means im 2nd in the queue??? Dont think so somehow.
i think fans who travelled to doncaster AND season ticket holders should get priority tickets

would be so much easier
Old 12-08-2010, 18:48   #144
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
I think the fans who travelled to Doncaster, should be eligible for priority tickets. Ash will have a list of the travellers.
The club could use this list as proof of eligibility, and offer them tickets, on the same terms as the season ticket holders.
The remaining tickets can then go on open sale.
I know some made their own way to Doncaster, maybe they could show their ticket stubs to prove eligibility, and be brought onto the priority list.
Can under stand were your coming from mick and others who have said this about donny away support.But beenig a season ticket holder gives you certain privalages as you all no and cup games are apart of this!!don't for get its thoses season ticket holders who stump up ex -amount of dosh for tickets before a balls even been kicked and the money that is generated through these ticket sale help keep the club going close season,getting back to those fans who arnt STholders and traveled to donny then may be the club will do what they can to help you out. if you bought your ticket from the stanley store then its on record if your registered in the clubs data base.I Know this because i bought a donny ticket from the stanleystore and your donny ticket serial number is loged in to your account so yes there is away round if the club wishes to help those none Stholders get what i would say is a just reward for following stanley to donny. Hope this helps
Old 12-08-2010, 18:48   #145
God Member

Exclamation Re: Carling Cup -v- Newcastle!!

On a bit of a different subject, I did not see the full draw, who did Torquay, Grimsby and Fleetwood get????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 18:55   #146
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribbster View Post
i think fans who travelled to doncaster AND season ticket holders should get priority tickets

would be so much easier
The last thing I want to do is start a 'fans war', however, traditionaly season ticket holders get first dibs............fair?...........probably not, but thats how it goes.

To then alienate fans who couldnt/didnt get to Doncaster in favour of those who did is IMHO not fair either.

I dont have a solution Im afraid (wish I did!), but I think its fair to say that given our gates, then home fans should all be able to aquire tickets without too much difficulty.

Dont forget that now we have an online booking facility, so buying tickets should be easier and quicker (I know Im tempting fate with this remark lol), so lets not panic too much eh

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 18:59   #147
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
On a bit of a different subject, I did not see the full draw, who did Torquay, Grimsby and Fleetwood get????

Have a look Joe :-

Sky Sports | Football News | Championship | West Bromwich Albion | Carling Cup second round draw
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 19:07   #148
Senior Member+

Torquay got beat 1-0 by reading
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 19:07   #149
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
traditionaly season ticket holders get first dibs............fair?...........probably not, but thats how it goes.

It's the fairest and most correct system there is.
Old 12-08-2010, 19:20   #150
Senior Member+

I agree Cowboy
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..