Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2010, 10:13   #91
God Member

Re: Carling Cup -v- Newcastle!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Any idea how much we get from these rounds in the Carling Cup ?
I think I stuck this on somewhere else. My understanding is we get 45% of the gate money, N'castle get the same and 10% and goes into a common pool. However, that is after visiting club expenses - travel, hotel, etc has been deducted and in the Geordies case - with all their entourage - that sum will not be insignificant. I don't know what the split on any TV money will be, though.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-08-2010, 10:23   #92
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I think I stuck this on somewhere else. My understanding is we get 45% of the gate money, N'castle get the same and 10% and goes into a common pool. However, that is after visiting club expenses - travel, hotel, etc has been deducted and in the Geordies case - with all their entourage - that sum will not be insignificant. I don't know what the split on any TV money will be, though.
I'm not totally sure Tealeaf but I think the home side get the lions share
Old 12-08-2010, 10:30   #93
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1 View Post
Tickets and prices will be announced on Friday 13/8/10 according to the fishy site .
friday the 13th.................something is bound to go very wrong then hehehe

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:34   #94
Senior Member+

Looking at Sky sports, they have 2 slots for games to be televised in round 2, Wednesday or Thursday (25th or 26th). Hopefully, we may just get one of them!!

As for tickets, what about the shareholders, shouldn't they get first dibs?? Only joking!!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:34   #95
God Member

It would appear that because Newcastle are playing Villa on the previous sunday, they may be angling for a wednesday night game, rather than tuesday.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:20   #96
Full Member+

Wed 25th SKY coverage. YIPEE ££££££
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:45   #97

I think all those that travelled + bought a ticket to the doncaster game should have priority for the newcastle game.
Old 12-08-2010, 13:01   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
I think all those that travelled + bought a ticket to the doncaster game should have priority for the newcastle game.
Cheers then
lukeogtfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 13:02   #99
Junior Member+

Lol! No we do not. We've banned Vuvuzela's thankfully. I wrote in to the club about banning then, two days later they did.

It's no atmosphere whatsoever, totally kills the whole thing. We wont be bringing a plastic horn to make noise.
Magpie Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 13:04   #100
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
HAHA!

Season ticket holders will obviously get the priority tickets - then its rest of us ....donny or not

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 12-08-2010, 13:18   #101
Junior Member+

Thousands Attend Open Training Day
"Six thousand fans packed the East Stand at St. James' Park as the club held an open training day just five days before the start of the Barclays Premier League opener against Manchester United."

This was taken from our website. 6k people attended an open training day session at 11am this morning, 6,000! You's lot are definitely going to make a profit off this! I don't intend to sound bitter or small time, but 6,000 is bigger than your actual capacity, and this was just for a training session. We would fill your ground if we could.

Don't take it the wrong way, it wasn't a bite.
Old 12-08-2010, 13:24   #102
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

know all about yer following mate, don't take it as a bite or owt, one sure thing that you probably aint aware of, ya will leave amazed at the support given by the ultras, n realize big numbers mean nowt.
Old 12-08-2010, 13:32   #103
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
know all about yer following mate, don't take it as a bite or owt, one sure thing that you probably aint aware of, ya will leave amazed at the support given by the ultras, n realize big numbers mean nowt.
Don't worry, I've heard all about your lot. I think it's a great movement for lower league football. Don't Aldershot have good ultras as well, or is it just me?

Anyhow, you's lot have got some good support, I know you don't take many in numbers but most of your fans are die hard's and they sing what ever the amount. I've watched some video's on youtube of your fans in the past, very impressive.

It's stadiums, supporters and clubs like Accrington who show a prime example of what football really was like back before the modern-era. Now it's became a modern plastic money making scam. It's all about money now, you'll learn that once you move up a few divisions, that'll be the day. The Premier League is the worst for it, and it's the main cause of what football is now compared to what it was. Plastic bowl stadiums, ripping the atmosphere, ridiculous transfers, the money in it now it pathetic, the Premier League allows the teams in it to distance themselves apart financially from the Football League clubs.

The game is a business now, such a shame it's came to that.
Old 12-08-2010, 13:32   #104
God Member

So 6000 turned up for a training session. Shame that lot don't have a job to go to.
Old 12-08-2010, 13:37   #105
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie Ranger View Post
Don't worry, I've heard all about your lot. I think it's a great movement for lower league football. Don't Aldershot have good ultras as well, or is it just me?

Anyhow, you's lot have got some good support, I know you don't take many in numbers but most of your fans are die hard's and they sing what ever the amount. I've watched some video's on youtube of your fans in the past, very impressive.

It's stadiums, supporters and clubs like Accrington who show a prime example of what football really was like back before the modern-era. Now it's became a modern plastic money making scam. It's all about money now, you'll learn that once you move up a few divisions, that'll be the day. The Premier League is the worst for it, and it's the main cause of what football is now compared to what it was. Plastic bowl stadiums, ripping the atmosphere, ridiculous transfers, the money in it now it pathetic, the Premier League allows the teams in it to distance themselves apart financially from the Football League clubs.

The game is a business now, such a shame it's came to that.
Hey be careful u may enjoy our grass root facilities too much

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..