Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2010, 19:41   #31
God Member

Re: D'on gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
yes yes yes yes bye bye bye good luck rob

Are you okay Grimps, that was very restrained
Old 21-08-2010, 19:43   #32

Latest Photograph
Old 21-08-2010, 20:55   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well Didn't think nowt could improve me good mood today..............But this news just has. one door closes, another opens, can accept Rob Heys has been used as the organgrinders monkey, NOW hes the organgrinder n wish him well, Hope he proves me right.
Old 21-08-2010, 21:27   #34
God Member

WOW... what a last 7 hours or so in Accrington. !!
Good luck to you Rob Heys. I'm sure you'll do a great job.
Old 21-08-2010, 21:30   #35
God Member

i tried to start a new thread but cant for some reason (on my phone).

As much as many people will be glad that o.neil has gone, lets also try to remember that at least he tried. he also successfully professionalised much of the club infrastructure. In my opinion he was the wrong man in the wrong place and ended up out of his depth.
For various reasons i'm happy that the situation has come to a head and been resolved, but i'd also like to thank David for the good things that he did, and tried to do, and i wish him good luck in the future. I hope that the majority can also be respectful in their opinions of his departure.

And also the very best of luck to Rob, who has gone from terrace to head honcho in a few short years. i really hope that we can all show some faith in him and aid him where ever possible
Old 21-08-2010, 21:31   #36
Full Member+

I totally agree Rob. Well said.
Old 21-08-2010, 21:40   #37
God Member

Smile Re: D'on gone!

Spot on post Macca, Ilyas himself also thanked The DON, for what he has done for Stanley, it is about the future now, not the past, best of luck to Rob Heys, but most importantly of all - as Ilyas said in The Crown - we must all pull together and back both teams, players and staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOGETHER WE ARE STANLEY

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
Old 21-08-2010, 21:55   #38
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
i tried to start a new thread but cant for some reason (on my phone).

As much as many people will be glad that o.neil has gone, lets also try to remember that at least he tried. he also successfully professionalised much of the club infrastructure. In my opinion he was the wrong man in the wrong place and ended up out of his depth.
For various reasons i'm happy that the situation has come to a head and been resolved, but i'd also like to thank David for the good things that he did, and tried to do, and i wish him good luck in the future. I hope that the majority can also be respectful in their opinions of his departure.

And also the very best of luck to Rob, who has gone from terrace to head honcho in a few short years. i really hope that we can all show some faith in him and aid him where ever possible
Bit of a shock; but the Club must come first.

I totally agree with Rob's sentiment; owner or custodian good things have happened as Rob points out, let's hope we can all move on. Forward.

All the best Mr. O'Neil. Mr. Hays; you have a job to do, be proud and move forward. On, Stanley On!

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 21-08-2010, 22:02   #39

Here's another happy exile. Today is a good day.
To echo Macca and others, thanks for your efforts Mr O'Neill but wrong bloke wrong time. Hopefully the lessons you learned here will stand you on good stead in the future.
Good luck Mr Heys. Let's hope you can emerge from the shadow of the don and the cardboard millionaire and that you're able to rebuild the trust between the club and the fans.
Can I suggest that the club take the time to speak to the people at Stockport and Notts County to see why community/fan ownership didn't work there, so that we learn from their mistakes?
Does anyone know where this leaves the formal ownership situation? Who owns the shares and are they amenable to this move?
And am I the only person who thinks that "The Ilyas Khan Stadium" has a nice ring about it for the new ground?
Old 21-08-2010, 22:22   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BedsRed View Post
Here's another happy exile. Today is a good day.
To echo Macca and others, thanks for your efforts Mr O'Neill but wrong bloke wrong time. Hopefully the lessons you learned here will stand you on good stead in the future.
Good luck Mr Heys. Let's hope you can emerge from the shadow of the don and the cardboard millionaire and that you're able to rebuild the trust between the club and the fans.
Can I suggest that the club take the time to speak to the people at Stockport and Notts County to see why community/fan ownership didn't work there, so that we learn from their mistakes?
Does anyone know where this leaves the formal ownership situation? Who owns the shares and are they amenable to this move?
And am I the only person who thinks that "The Ilyas Khan Stadium" has a nice ring about it for the new ground?
No !...you are certainly not BR !...

But I expect that 'Ilyas's Pitch' will have to do for the time being !!...
Old 21-08-2010, 22:36   #41

Now I've got over the shock, I'd just like to say I'm glad he's gone he lied to me he lied to the fans he's lied to everyone good riddance, the club can move forward now hopefully bridging the gap between fans and club.

I hope Rob can grasp the opportunity he now has to make a fresh start as I'm sure many will now think the slate is wiped clean.

All the best Rob and thank you Ilyas for all you have done to try and sort the club.

Bring on Newcastle !!!
Old 21-08-2010, 22:47   #42
Member.

For such a momentous occasion it’s a bit quite…..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 21-08-2010, 22:51   #43
God Member

That's because for the first time in almost 2 yrs we can relax Doug.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 21-08-2010, 23:01   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Now I've got over the shock, I'd just like to say I'm glad he's gone he lied to me he lied to the fans he's lied to everyone good riddance, the club can move forward now hopefully bridging the gap between fans and club.

I hope Rob can grasp the opportunity he now has to make a fresh start as I'm sure many will now think the slate is wiped clean.

All the best Rob and thank you Ilyas for all you have done to try and sort the club.

Bring on Newcastle !!!
I agree wi shurm simple as, whatever good that man did, was undone by all the "Lies" "Deceit" n "Bull" i wish him no harm but good riddance sums up very well.
Old 22-08-2010, 00:07   #45
Senior Member+

no tears shed.

selfish, self promoting, clueless, dreamer, incapable - need i go on.

This is Rob Heys chance to shine, he has been defended from alot of the blame by the good will of some fans, now he needs to prove himself. Lets hope for the sake of the club he can. All the best Rob.

This is brilliant and the best possible news ahead of the newcastle game.

I am confident, Coleman and Bell will be pleased.

A comunity club is the only viable long term prospect not just for stanley but for every club, not only does it bring football clubs to the heart of the community, but if adopted by all 92 clubs it makes the whole scene a level playing ground.

Lets hope Iylas gets the credit he deserves and represents us live on sky on wednesday as the chairman of the people.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..