Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2010, 13:55   #76
God Member

Re: D'on gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Am i right in thinking a new share issue of 100k would devalue mr whalleys 51% stake in Accrington Stanley and their fore remove him as the major share holder??
I think you are correct in that Mab, however the issue of EW's shares etc didnt come up last night.............no doubt it will out soon enough!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Accrington Web
Old 22-08-2010, 13:58   #77
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
I think you are correct in that Mab, however the issue of EW's shares etc didnt come up last night.............no doubt it will out soon enough!
Cheers Pete
Old 22-08-2010, 14:54   #78
God Member

I know we are probably all interested to see what any Official Statement says but I also think in fairness to the Club and it's employees it must be like living in a Goldfish Bowl at times where everyone wants to see what is going on.

But the Club as an employer has a right to probably speak to it's staff first & foremost, bearing also in mind it is a weekend after a game and perparations are probably in full swing for arguably the biggest game in the Club's History coming up in mid week.

These are only my thoughts and I am sure in time all will become clear.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Old 22-08-2010, 15:24   #79
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Hence the reason I refrained from posting last night......................
Or the fact ya were too blitzed?
Old 22-08-2010, 15:26   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Am i right in thinking a new share issue of 100k would devalue mr whalleys 51% stake in Accrington Stanley and their fore remove him as the major share holder??
Things just keep getting better, if thats right, its better than a lottery win.
Old 22-08-2010, 15:33   #81
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
I know we are probably all interested to see what any Official Statement says but I also think in fairness to the Club and it's employees it must be like living in a Goldfish Bowl at times where everyone wants to see what is going on.

But the Club as an employer has a right to probably speak to it's staff first & foremost, bearing also in mind it is a weekend after a game and perparations are probably in full swing for arguably the biggest game in the Club's History coming up in mid week.

These are only my thoughts and I am sure in time all will become clear.
I think you'l find that neally all if not all know about whats happend to Mr ONeill Google Page Ranking!!
Old 22-08-2010, 17:28   #82
God Member

i would imagine that the previously approved share issue was officially given the in ahead to happen. Ilyas and Peter obviously wanted it to happen and Rob would have had the casting vote to push it through. I reckon don threw his hat in at that point. Eric or Don, it doesn't matter anymore - their 51 will now be worth 25? 10? Dunno, but their influence will now be significantly diluted. We can now look forwards to a significant cash influx when the shares are ready for sale.

I think that 'the fans' would probably only purchase a small amount of shares and that we'll be hoping for some decent bulk buying from the business sector. I'd like to see the council take some kind of fiscal interest in this move as well. I'm more than made up with the promise that installments can be made as this will probably double the pittance that i can afford to chip in! I would suspect that it will also aid the budgeting of the many businesses that we will want to get involved.
Old 22-08-2010, 17:49   #83
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I would suspect that it will also aid the budgeting of the many businesses that we will want to get involved.

I would think the fact that businesses would want to get involved would be an unexpected bonus, they have hardly be queuing up recently
Old 22-08-2010, 18:03   #84
God Member

I would imagine there'll be a lot more confidence around the town now that things have changed. Also the announcements, depending how they're done, that the 'Community' will own the club, that we'll do more for the people rather than people doing everything for us, and that a new stadium build is practically around the corner, will instill further confidence.

To cite an example, Graham Charnley at Interlink used to put a lot of money into the club but got nowt back and was disillusioned at the shambolic way we operated. Maybe a new found confidence in the club could inspire him to come back? maybe rather than drip feeding 20k here and there he would prefer to come in and purchase a block of £100k worth of shares? Like I said it's only an example of a person and I'd be in no way insinuating that he would or should. But he could?
Old 22-08-2010, 18:12   #85
God Member

Lots of reassurance will be needed externally for business interest, also note ossie mills is moving back out of town centre and no proper utilidge of promoting Stanley where the locals are, some do find the dredge up to the crown a put off but do want to part with their cash into our club.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 22-08-2010, 18:30   #86
Senior Member+

[quote=maccawozzagod;839168]that a new stadium build is practically around the corner, will instill further confidence.quote]

Any mention of where?
Old 22-08-2010, 18:38   #87

No mention and I think that 'round the corner' may be 3 - 4 years down the line.

As for Rob having the casting vote wouldn't he have to have been a director?
Old 22-08-2010, 18:42   #88
God Member

as CEO does he not get that anyway? as would the company secretary?
Old 22-08-2010, 19:05   #89
God Member

The long term benefits of the Council linking up with the Club could be with Leisure facilties that would benefit not just the Club but maybe the whole of Accrington by usage of the community at large and probably produce other spin offs.

But with fiscal tightening around most Communities and Councils who knows where we will be when the time comes?

I am not too familiar with the Leisure facilities and how modern they are in Hynburn and whether it would be beneficial?

That is for now further down the line

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Old 22-08-2010, 19:21   #90
God Member

a lot depnds on where any new ground would be. Away from where it is now would you be looking at an area where one would need to drive to? if so then the leisure, corporate, function facilities would have to be A1 top drawer stuff as you are competing with every other 'drive to' facility. If, for example, the ground remained where it is then you are looking at providing something (slightly above) adequate for the needs of the thousand or so people who live within a ten minute walk.

Even more down the line though, but much lies within the vision that Ilyas has. If he is prepared to bank roll it then it can be whatever it wants to be, but his written vision on here at the beginning of summer was that it would be something that lies within the remit of both LCC and HBC, in order to maintain their long term interest. Grants from a plethora of public bodies will be available, outside of the LEGI requirement of all seater stadia etc. Does he need the money from these bodies in order to maintain their interest? and does that come at any cost? He will have done his homework before the first shovel is lifted and I have more than every confidence it would be done in the best manner possible.

I just hope he doesn't have a twin brother that he wants to dedicate the ground to, can you imagine the KHAN TWIN STADIUM?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..