Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2010, 19:25   #91
God Member

Re: D'on gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
can you imagine the KHAN TWIN STADIUM?

Don't give up the day job
Old 22-08-2010, 19:41   #92
God Member

i'll get me coat ...
Old 22-08-2010, 19:44   #93
Senior Member+

Well having taken 24 hours to think about the situation........ WHAT A RESULT.

Gutted I wasnt there to witness the Crown last night, bloody work !!

But agreed with Dav (again), no tears shed from me over DON, he was a man out of his depth that blatently lied to us, THE FANS, as did Heys, for which I will never forgive either of them.

Words just cant be said for the legend that is Ilyas Khan. He will forever be my hero.

I will leave the complicated share holder/ issues to more knowlegable people than myself, but all we need now is that smug cardboard prat to be removed from the lounge on matchdays and the story is complete as far as im concerned.

Agreed the 1st priority is the team and to make sure Coley has everything he needs, but secondly the ground MUST be sorted ASAP in my opinion. A new stadium would be excellent, somewhere along the lines of Buron Albion's ground would do me fine

Oh and as for the game, gutted I missed it, but well done Mr Mcconville, not a bad way to silence the critics (including me) !!

Sky Sports Story to come this week.

ON STANLEY ON
Old 22-08-2010, 20:55   #94

Neither the CEO nor the Company Secretary qualify automatically for a vote - they have to be directors as well.
Old 22-08-2010, 21:14   #95
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

A new stadium is the future,simple as, have no doubt it will materialize at some future date, whats required now is fer trust to be rebuilt between the club @ public/ business, handled right i'm certain it can be done,Rob Heys has one hell of a job, but sure he can achieve it,with help, that is vital,i'm sure J.C. @ J.B. will have a great boost when the dust settles n that can only be positive fer the club, what has happened has restored my faith in the Club as a whole,already had it in coley n the lads.
Old 22-08-2010, 21:36   #96
God Member

I'm just glad that the pantomime of goodies, baddies, factions and frictions is over.

2010/11 is going to be one special season for our club. I can feel it in me water.

Bring on the Geordies.

(6-0? Pah. That was in their own back yard against losers from Brum. Wait 'til we get 'em on t'Crown!)
Old 22-08-2010, 23:12   #97
bdc

I think it is great that DON has left the club, however it is imperative that we are rid of EW to truly move the club forward. In my eyes if that means issuing 1million new shares at 1pence each then it would be worth doing if only to bring his shareholding down to nothing.

DON was always on a hiding to nothing the minute he started lying about the HMRC fiasco. To be fair to him though he did put a decent infastructure together for the day to day running including bring Lew back. I feel that we should use this to our advantage and make sure that we keep these key personnel to keep moving forward especially Lew who has done a great job in raising the clubs profile for the retail side of the business.

As for the future, its looks a lot rosier than it did 24 hours ago. It is great that steps are to be taken to help the fans have a say in running the club, this is the first step on a long journey to the promised land! I think that we should increase JC's playing budget but I hope that the long-term strategy is to ensure natural growth for the club to help increase money available through commercial viability instead of Iylas having to help the club out. I think this wont happen overnight but it is achievable in the next 5 years. There is certainly an opportunity available to exploit the cheaper end of the market, people will be looking more to get value for money during this difficult time as they will have less money available for enjoyment so to speak.

The easiest things to do straightaway is to get a ground sponsor on board and perhaps look to buy a supporters coach so that away travel can be made more accessible at a reduced price. This may encourage more fans to go to more away games. I would also end the shambles involving the pricing structure of tickets on the gate being £2 more expensive. I feel that this is something that will discourage walk ons and roaming supporters, I think starting a loyalty scheme and a refer a friend scheme may help to increase gates and spending in the club shop. Looking further afield I feel that the Lincoln game would be a perfect time to offer the season ticket holders of other clubs entry for £5. This would ensure a crowd of around 2500 to 3000 perhaps. One final thing could be to sponsor the clock, whereby each person pays a fixed amount of money to sponsor one minute of a game and if the first goal is scored in their minute then they receive a cash prize. If nobody scores then the money would be rolled over to the next game.

One final thing is just to say thanks to Ilyas to giving the supporters real reason to be hopeful for the future.

Last edited by bdc; 22-08-2010 at 23:14.
Old 22-08-2010, 23:20   #98
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post

DON was always on a hiding to nothing the minute he started lying about the HMRC fiasco.

One final thing is just to say thanks to Ilyas to giving the supporters real reason to be hopeful for the future.
I think nowt else needs to be said after the sentence above, Trust is paramount, lose it yer knackered.
Old 23-08-2010, 07:43   #99
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
however it is imperative that we are rid of EW to truly move the club forward. In my eyes if that means issuing 1million new shares at 1pence each then it would be worth doing if only to bring his shareholding down to nothing.

Lew who has done a great job in raising the clubs profile for the retail side of the business.

The easiest things to do straightaway is to get a ground sponsor. I would also end the shambles involving the pricing structure of tickets on the gate being £2 more expensive. I feel that this is something that will discourage walk ons and roaming supporters, I think starting a loyalty scheme and a refer a friend scheme may help to increase gates and spending in the club shop.

One final thing could be to sponsor the clock, whereby each person pays a fixed amount of money to sponsor one minute of a game and if the first goal is scored in their minute then they receive a cash prize. If nobody scores then the money would be rolled over to the next game.

As has already been said, It does not matter how many shares or what percentage EW owns, they are worth nowt when the club is in reality owned by its creditors! However, with the new share issue, whoever buys them will dilute the shareholding of the cardboard one!

Long may it continue.

Agreed, but as regards charging £2 extra for walk ons, I'm not sure this is happening yet! The loyalty scheme is a good idea and no doubt will be picked up by the club when either Lew or Rob or whoever reads the board.

Nice idea, again lets hope someone from the CEO downward reads this and takes it on board at the club.

and finally - so says every true fan of Accrington Stanley.

Bring on the Toon - never looked forward to a match sooooo much

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 23-08-2010, 09:17   #100
Resting In Peace

Now that Rob Heys is in charge I hope that he grows some balls and stops Whalley from coming to the ground a few times a week and also stops telling lies. Remember, it was Rob Heys who told us blatant lies at the fans' forum last year.
Old 23-08-2010, 09:28   #101
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

True Jeff, but no-one knows if anyone was pulling the strings? like i said earlier, he now has to prove himself, n wish him well.
Old 23-08-2010, 09:37   #102
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
The LT posted the story about an hour ago, but they're referring to '..reports as being unconfirmed'. Just typical of the LT.....

Drama at Accrington Stanley board meeting (From Lancashire Telegraph)

They have now updated the article slightly, but it still looks like guesswork

Stanley chief's uncertain future (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 23-08-2010, 09:39   #103
Senior Member+

Whilst I welcome the demise of DON, the enduring presence of RH remains a concern for me. As Jeff rightly says, RH was explicit in his involvement of the affairs of last year and has on numerous occasions told blatant lies.

I understand the necessity for some continuity in the day-to-day affairs of the club, but I hate the insinuation that RH was 'only following orders' and therefore had little blame.
Old 23-08-2010, 09:48   #104
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
They have now updated the article slightly, but it still looks like guesswork

Stanley chief's uncertain future (From Lancashire Telegraph)
My guess is their prime source for their story is this site. They have picked the story up - probably on sunday morning - and having made a few phone calls drawing only blanks, they've made a small update this morning. I don't think - based on his prior posts on here - that Ilyas is too keen on speaking to the LT, the D'ON is probably sulking or seeing his lawyers, so that just leaves an official pronouncement from the club (as far as the LT is concerned)for story confirmation.
Old 23-08-2010, 10:00   #105
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
True Jeff, but no-one knows if anyone was pulling the strings? like i said earlier, he now has to prove himself, n wish him well.
Remember at the forum Cashy, when DON was asked awkward questions Rob Heys answered them for him with blatant lies, so I don't think anybody was pulling the strings. In my opinion he has yet to redeem himself. I hope he does this and from now on tells the truth.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..