Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2010, 06:34   #46
God Member

Re: D'on gone!

I agree with Rob's comments with regards David there are things that have been achieved in terms of making the Club more professional and sometimes we also forget that people also have lives away from the Club.

It's a big step up for Rob but one which should be viewed as natural progression I think the most important aspect besides he knows the Club inside out is that first & foremost for me if we are to achieve "Community Ownwership" he is a fan.

There probably now needs to be a short period of stabillity and Rob given time to adjust to his new role and for everyone else behind the scenes a chance to adjust to the new infrastucture.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Accrington Web
Old 22-08-2010, 08:05   #47
Senior Member+

good luck rob
Old 22-08-2010, 08:42   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BedsRed View Post
Can I suggest that the club take the time to speak to the people at Stockport and Notts County to see why community/fan ownership didn't work there, so that we learn from their mistakes?
I'd love to know what defines a 'Community Club'

As everybody knows ( except Tealeaf ) that my first club is Burnley. They claim to be a 'community club'. Since the one shot at the big time they seem to make more decisions based on greed than community. So much so even when I have time to go I would think twice about giving them my money. I hope Stanley's version of a community club is a bit different
Old 22-08-2010, 08:45   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

having had time to ponder, makes me wonder, who will be Rob Heys Number2? i assume the running of the club requires at least 2 people? would not like to see the man snookered, before he starts.
Old 22-08-2010, 08:52   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
having had time to ponder, makes me wonder, who will be Rob Heys Number2? i assume the running of the club requires at least 2 people? would not like to see the man snookered, before he starts.
I would think the club needs more coal face workers than top brass. Albeit time permitting the club still has a Chairman & Vice chairman and I'm sure there are people close to them who will be more than willing to be involved on a daily basis to help Rob out. At that level it should be more about communication than hands on. I would imagine also that any staff who have something about them will step up to the mark.
Old 22-08-2010, 08:57   #51
Senior Member+

Well the winds have well and truly blown through the club. I saw D'ON yesterday at the club and he looked as if he hadn't a care in the world, Now I know why. Thank you and goodbye. Would it now be possible to rid the club of the Cardboard cut out of the previous incumbent as his shares are worthless and as Ilyas has said, any value in these shares is owned by the people/companies we owe money too. It absolutely galls me to see that man who was once thought a saviour but very nearly brought the club to its knees and took it out of existence AGAIN entering any part of the club grounds. He may claim that the club owe him money, but to use a quote he once made "you wouldn't pay him in washers".

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 22-08-2010, 09:09   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I'd love to know what defines a 'Community Club'

As everybody knows ( except Tealeaf ) that my first club is Burnley. They claim to be a 'community club'. Since the one shot at the big time they seem to make more decisions based on greed than community. So much so even when I have time to go I would think twice about giving them my money. I hope Stanley's version of a community club is a bit different
I suppose being from that neck of the woods I see that more than most, I suppose the key difference that will define is the "Community Ownership"?

What I will give great credit to the Clarets for is the level of support that the community side of the Club generates, a lot is deep rooted some of that goes back generations from father/mother to son/daughter etc. but certainly a lot of the credit must go to there Community Team who are everywhere involved in childrens education by the going into schools and then things like Summer Clubs it is something that is massively beneficial not just to the Children but to the Club in connecting at a very young age.

In fact the last time I went to the Doctors they had a local medical & well being film on which showed what a massive part the Clartes play in the local community promoting health & well being.

Stanley have made a similar move a few years ago and it is building and bringing more youngsters into contact with the Club which can't be a bad thing and after listening to Matt from the Community Taem at the OSC meeting a couple of months ago that will keep on bulding and flourishing and will be a key factor in years to come.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Old 22-08-2010, 09:16   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
I suppose the key difference that will define is the "Community Ownership"?

You gave them more credit than I did

Maybe I'll wait until there's a thread on community ownership before I wheel out my long answer to your post, I don't want to be accused of thread wandering too much
Old 22-08-2010, 09:19   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I would think the club needs more coal face workers than top brass. Albeit time permitting the club still has a Chairman & Vice chairman and I'm sure there are people close to them who will be more than willing to be involved on a daily basis to help Rob out. At that level it should be more about communication than hands on. I would imagine also that any staff who have something about them will step up to the mark.
Don't dispute that dave, its more whats practical fer the clubs existence n well being,as regards being well run, to me, don't think we imagine or assume is that good a thing, though we all do it, Clarity as too the state of of play, is whats required,the best way too go forward, I.M.H.O.
Old 22-08-2010, 09:23   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Don't dispute that dave, its more whats practical fer the clubs existence n well being,as regards being well run, to me, don't think we imagine or assume is that good a thing, though we all do it, Clarity as too the state of of play, is whats required,the best way too go forward, I.M.H.O.
Lets face it, every football fan in the country ( including us ) is an expert at running a club, should be a doddle.
Old 22-08-2010, 10:35   #56

Thought there might have been some sort of "official" mention of all of this on the website by now. Or is it all still a bit "cloak and dagger"? A bit more transparency would be appreciated by many I'm sure.
Old 22-08-2010, 10:41   #57
God Member

Exclamation Re: D'on gone!

No cloak or dagger my friend, it was all public in The Crown last night!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
Old 22-08-2010, 10:46   #58
Senior Member+

any more details from the meeting?
Old 22-08-2010, 10:47   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lobster View Post
Thought there might have been some sort of "official" mention of all of this on the website by now. Or is it all still a bit "cloak and dagger"? A bit more transparency would be appreciated by many I'm sure.
With the enormity of yesterdays announcements I expect that it will tale a day or so to write it up and place it on the fishy site. This is purely conjecture on my part as I have no inside knowledge

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 22-08-2010, 10:56   #60
God Member

Well no doubt there's sore heads this morning after a celebratory day yesterday but hope the official update will happen soon as not every fan could be there in an already packed crown pub.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..