Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2010, 11:16   #61
God Member

Re: D'on gone!

The LT posted the story about an hour ago, but they're referring to '..reports as being unconfirmed'. Just typical of the LT.....

Drama at Accrington Stanley board meeting (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Accrington Web
Old 22-08-2010, 11:34   #62
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
The LT posted the story about an hour ago, but they're referring to '..reports as being unconfirmed'. Just typical of the LT.....

Drama at Accrington Stanley board meeting (From Lancashire Telegraph)
An 'unconfirmed' Drama ??...abysmal Journalism !.
Old 22-08-2010, 11:35   #63
Full Member+

Don't knock it, Tealeaf. At least it puts something down in print. Up to now, those of us who live away from Accy have had to make do with scraps thrown from those who were at the Crown last night. The promised details about the Board Meeting have not been forthcoming, we know that Rob Heys has "stepped up to the plate", whatever that might mean, but when it comes to facts, we know nothing apart from the fact that D'On has, allegedly "gone". I, along with many other exiles I'm sure, have been scanning this forum since last night in the hope of any concrete information. So far, however, nothing has been forthcoming, so thanks to the Telegraph for at least giving SOME substance to the story.
Old 22-08-2010, 11:54   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
Don't knock it, Tealeaf. At least it puts something down in print. Up to now, those of us who live away from Accy have had to make do with scraps thrown from those who were at the Crown last night. The promised details about the Board Meeting have not been forthcoming, we know that Rob Heys has "stepped up to the plate", whatever that might mean, but when it comes to facts, we know nothing apart from the fact that D'On has, allegedly "gone". I, along with many other exiles I'm sure, have been scanning this forum since last night in the hope of any concrete information. So far, however, nothing has been forthcoming, so thanks to the Telegraph for at least giving SOME substance to the story.
Well, as someone else who lives away from Accy then I also rely on the LT website as well as this, as a source of local news. The problem with the LT is that it's journalistic standards are not of the highest order. Take the aforesaid article...it begins by saying the directors meeting ended in drama. How do they know it ended in drama? The drama lies in DON's resignation..if the LT have not yet got confirmation of that resignation then there is no drama. So what have they to add, other than what we know already?
Old 22-08-2010, 12:24   #65
Member.

I have to agree; I had expected that a situation of such enormity would have brought forth some form of official announcement. Mr. O'Neil has been the focus of much criticism over his handling of ASFC affairs and for is lack of communication and transparency with the fans/community.

I had hoped that by this time there would have been some marginal reference from those involved in view of the promises of openness and transparency.

However, I can except that it is Sunday Lunch and the night before would have been a fantastic occasion for those lucky enough to be there. But come on; some of us are wetting ourselves to know the facts.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 22-08-2010, 12:27   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post

However, I can except that it is Sunday Lunch and the night before would have been a fantastic occasion for those lucky enough to be there. But come on; some of us are wetting ourselves to know the facts.
Thats just yer age Doug, incontinence pants is what ya need.
Old 22-08-2010, 12:49   #67
God Member

Ok Doug et all, here is what I recall from lastnights goings on at the Crown. I think I've got most of it but as I was rather tipsy I may not be 100% on everything, perhaps someone else will correct any mistakes

Well where do I begin? Last night in the Crown honestly felt like Christmas had come early for almost everyone who was there!!

Ilyas first said that the club was now ontrack to become a proper 'community club' that would in time belong to the 'townsfolk of Accrington', a number of new shares would be made available in the coming months (100,000)ish at an affordable price and with payment options for those who would struggle to pay outright for them. He then announced that Peter Marsden was the new club President, a move that was met with a round of applause. He then went on to say that He (Ilyas) would be working with the council to find us a new 'home' and that He would fund the building of a new Stadium. All monies that have been put in by Ilyas and Peter are NOT loans but DONATIONS that will not be repayable regardless, cue another round of applause. Finally He went on to say that D'on had resigned and would have no further input into Asfc. Rob Heys would step up to the plate and remain CEO in overall charge of the day to day running of the club with guidance from both Ilyas and Peter, he also encouraged Rob to look to hire a professional manager to help. JC and JB will be given contracts as a matter of urgency (large cheers all-round). JC would also be given a substantial transfer budget to bring in players in the Jan window. He asked us all to suppport Rob in his new position and the rest of the staff. Then it was time to party lol.

I hope this is of some help to you.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 22-08-2010, 12:59   #68
God Member

What about whalley ?
Old 22-08-2010, 13:01   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
What about whalley ?
Surprsingly his name never came up.

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 22-08-2010, 13:06   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Surprsingly his name never came up.
So the changes are going to be registered officially, I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned he was there at club sweating lol
Old 22-08-2010, 13:06   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Cheers fer that update U.K. cashy is even happier now.
Old 22-08-2010, 13:09   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Cheers fer that update U.K. cashy is even happier now.
Not as happy as I was after numreous pints of mild last night!!

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 22-08-2010, 13:41   #73
Member.

Cheer's Pete, fantastic news if it is substantiated by an official statement, I don't doubt you Pete; nor do I doubt the sincerity of Peter and Ilyas, but 3 points on the day, 3 clean sheets and the all of the Crown three sheets on Yonmon's ship does not constitute a clear picture for those of us outside the town.

I can understand that Peter, Ilyas and Rob would need time to draft a suitable statement and nail down the facts before going public, so I give way.

The Whalley issue needs to be cleared up fast though....

What a fantastic future for the Club and the Town.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 22-08-2010, 13:50   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Cheer's Pete, fantastic news if it is substantiated by an official statement, I don't doubt you Pete; nor do I doubt the sincerity of Peter and Ilyas, but 3 points on the day, 3 clean sheets and the all of the Crown three sheets on Yonmon's ship does not constitute a clear picture for those of us outside the town.

I can understand that Peter, Ilyas and Rob would need time to draft a suitable statement and nail down the facts before going public, so I give way.

The Whalley issue needs to be cleared up fast though....

What a fantastic future for the Club and the Town.
Hence the reason I refrained from posting last night......................

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 22-08-2010, 13:52   #75
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Am i right in thinking a new share issue of 100k would devalue mr whalleys 51% stake in Accrington Stanley and their fore remove him as the major share holder??

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..