Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 19:48   #31
God Member

Re: Has Coleman lost the dressing room?

The club should've been sold when we won the league.
It was the prime time to sell & we missed it.
Now I fear we're up the creek without a paddle.

The only hope we do have, in my opinion, lies with Coleman & Bell. If they can get the tactics right, we have the ability in our squad to play some very good football and attract the fans that came out to see us last term and didn't come back because of the lack of a roof or whatever.
The commercial side of the club have to get their act in gear aswell. Instead of just appealing to the 'suits' - APPEAL TO JOE PUBLIC. Too many golden opportunities with the media have been squandered. As Tin Monkey and others have said for ages - the website is wasted!

Please, someone get some nouse before we lose our club again.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2007, 20:28   #32
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
The club should've been sold when we won the league.
It was the prime time to sell & we missed it.
Now I fear we're up the creek without a paddle.
Not necessarily. Eric should put the club up for sale and see what turns up.
Old 02-09-2007, 20:35   #33
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

As Jeff and few others have said before Eric said if we ever get into the Football League he would sell up because he hadn't got enough cash to keep us there, why didn't he keep his word because there was a least one person who wanted the club, I also feel the boat has been missed because IMHO he wanted a season as the big man as a football league chairman, this broken promise could prove to be the thing that takes us back to non league obscurity.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 20:41   #34
Super Moderator

Maybe, but if this person wanted the club then, they still do now??
Old 02-09-2007, 20:52   #35
Junior Member+

Wynonie has hit the nail squarely on the head. ASFC is not set up for league football, by that I mean that without substantial outside investment the club cannot sustain playing league football.

John Coleman has done a tremendous job for the club but I agree he has probably take things as far as he can. That is no slight on him though, nobody could do anything better under these circumstances.

The team is sadly lacking in so many areas, every department is a hotch potch of has-beens and never will be's IMO. What is he to do though when he doesnt have the finance to attract better players to the club?

If it weren't for John Coleman and the players that he brought to the club then League Football wouldn't even be a consideration.

I wouldn't blame the guy for walking away to be honest. If people are going to be so ridiculous as to question the man after the miracles he has worked then he really is fighting a losing battle.
TheLedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 21:01   #36
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLedge View Post
If people are going to be so ridiculous as to question the man after the miracles he has worked then he really is fighting a losing battle.
Are you saying we should go to the fans forum on Wednesday and not ask any questions but just congratulate him for doing a good job?
I'm sorry but IMHO there are a few things which are not right on the pitch which if he can answer good on him.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 02-09-2007, 21:01   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
I wouldn't blame the guy for walking away to be honest.
It's funny, but somebody else said that to me yesterday.
Old 02-09-2007, 21:06   #38
Accy Red

TheLedge are you anyone we know in disguise???

Old 02-09-2007, 21:34   #39
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Are you saying we should go to the fans forum on Wednesday and not ask any questions but just congratulate him for doing a good job?
I'm sorry but IMHO there are a few things which are not right on the pitch which if he can answer good on him.
I'm not saying he is beyond questioning but you have to be realistic. Look at what he has done for the club, the players he brought to Accrington that were sold for a small fortune that have allowed the club to not only progress but continue to operate without too much worry.

Getting the club out of the conference was a major achievement in itself, keeping them in the League last year minus the two best players of the previous season was nothing short of miraculous.

I think what I am trying to say is it's a trust thing. The guy should have done enough to more than earn every Stanley fans trust and I think people shouldn't forget that. Trust him and trust that he is doing the very best he can under the circumstances.

It is plain for everyone to see what the team is lacking but I have no doubt whatsoever that John Coleman realises that too. What can he do though if the club don't have the funds to attract the type of players that are needed?

The worst thing supporters can do at times of adversity is to break ranks and turn on their own.
TheLedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 21:40   #40
God Member

Quote:
The worst thing supporters can do at times of adversity is to break ranks and turn on their own.

100% agreed
Old 02-09-2007, 21:46   #41
God Member

i think john has took us the promised land but should admit he needs a little help from an experienced coach maybe somebody from the outside should come and have look.sometimes its better somebody from the outside to see whats going wrong.it dont mean your a bad manager if you ask for a little help it just means your diverse and honest
Old 02-09-2007, 21:55   #42
Accy Red

I'm not saying Coley should go far from it but he has left himself open for critisism with his gamble on McEvilly, This gamble has not worked so before morale goes any lower and the on field arguements turn into more get rid of him now, McEvilly is not good for Stanley so dump him Mr Coleman before he dumps you.

Old 02-09-2007, 22:11   #43
God Member

I doubt if anyone can really tell if Coleman has reached his managerial limit or not. You can't expect any manager to the job without some funds available to him.
Old 02-09-2007, 22:13   #44
Super Moderator

Yep, Coley has shot himself in the foot somewhat over the McEvilly scenario. However, overall, he has been nothing short of a miracle worker for Stanley. The worrying thing is, that without a major investment in the club, he will have an even smaller budget to work with next season, as the money will be swallowed up by the large-scale ground improvements required by the football league plus the shortfall on operating costs caused by inadequate gates. And I doubt that even he can continue to pull rabbits out of hats in those circumstances.
Old 02-09-2007, 22:13   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I doubt if anyone can really tell if Coleman has reached his managerial limit or not. You can't expect any manager to the job without some funds available to him.
true but i think we should get a top coach to come in and guide john where hes going wrong ......

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..