Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 07:43   #1
God Member

Angry Has Coleman lost the dressing room?

Ive thought long and hard before posting this, however after yesterdays display against the Posh, I feel it begs the question.

To my mind there seems to be a lot of unrest among the players, lackluster performances,heads go down way too easily,silly bookings and a complete breakdown of communication at vital times in the match.

JC continually haranguing the officials, heated arguments in the dugout with JB ( they are usually pretty 'pally' ), His apparent total lack of tactical awareness/play, other employees of the club being petulant by throwing footballs on the pitch, and players who are substituted throwing their bibs at the dugout. Add to that McEvily's disgusting stamping incident and red card.........(Im not going to include Branchy's 2nd yellow as from where I was standing the opposition player dived,sorry 'simulated' and the assistant ref got it wrong)............and perhaps you can see where I'm coming from.

I genuinely hope that I'm 'barking up the wrong tree', but thoughts anyone?

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2007, 08:26   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Has Coleman lost the dressing room?

I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think it's gone that far yet.

There is definitely unrest amongst the players and a general lack of confidence. Whalley's bib throwing incident was more a sign of frustration I think, than a sign of unrest. He was very poor yesterday and he knew it.

When Coleman was arguing with the referee about the positioning of a throw-in (pathetic I know), I actually said to my mate that it was a sign of a desperate man.

Evil's sending off.... well it was hardly a surprise. He doesn't seem to have changed at all and is obviously living on Cloud 9. He didn't even warm up with the rest of the subs at half-time, but sat on the bench with Coleman. Hardly an act of a team player is it? If I'd have been Coleman, I'd have had him out with the others.

There is definitely a serious situation. Can it be put right?
Old 02-09-2007, 08:36   #3
Super Moderator

Perhaps the tensions and pressures of being the manager of Accrington Stanley, poverty-stricken football league club are finally beginning to show? Always having to make do with scraps off the table...rarely being able to make a decent offer for a player...taking a chance on a player who is recovering from a serious injury or who no other clubs want...trying to tempt players here with £27,000 a year, while other clubs are offering £50,000+...looking into the future and knowing that because we have to build a 1,000 seater stand on the Whinney Hill side by the end of next season and we are getting gates of 1,400, the already threadbare playing budget will be cut even more...wouldn't the pressure get to you in those circumstances?

And the real tragedy is that even if Coley went and we got another manager, he would find himself faced with exactly the same near-impossible working conditions.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:48   #4

12 months ago, almost to the day, I was having a real pop at our manager saying that he wasn't good enough etc. etc. etc.

Oh how I've had to eat my words.

OK so your season has started badly, but come on fellas, Coley doesn't suddenly become a crap manager overnight.

Get behind him and your lads.....FFS!

Last edited by Christies Child; 02-09-2007 at 08:51.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:59   #5

well said CC....... there is so much negativity on here at the moment that any body on here thinking of going to the FES for the first time wouldnt bother.....

we are in the football league

we have a roof

we have a good manager

we have a chairman who isnt going to let the club go under through financial mismanagement

we have the the best fans in the world

we have no prawn sandwiches

there are over a 100 points still to play for enough to get us promoted

REASON TO BE CHEERFUL
glosterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:01   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
Coley doesn't suddenly become a crap manager overnight.
No, he doesn't, but possibly the circumstances he is working under are finally getting to him.

Your first home league match in the football league, against Barnet who I'm sure didn't bring many, brought in 3,633. Our first home match in the league last season, against Darlington who brought around 800, attracted 2,667.

Your second home league match against Mansfield brought in 2,980. Ours against Barnet attracted 1,639.

Tells its own story, doesn't it?
Old 02-09-2007, 09:22   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
Coley doesn't suddenly become a crap manager overnight.
No, but we all know from our own jobs that some people can be promoted beyond their level of competence. I always find it interesting to compare his approach to that of the opposition manager during the match. I have said before that I think he spends (or rather, wastes) too much time and energy on the match officials and does not give enough advice and encouragement to our team. I have been astonished to see him out of the dressing room and on the pitch or in the dug-out after only a few minutes of the half-time interval during some matches. I realise that he could be handing over the half-time team talk to Jimmy Bell but it does make me wonder.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:59   #8

What a disgusting topic. We lost three league games and won one.

When they say get behind your team they don't mean with a knife in your hand.
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:31   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
What a disgusting topic.
Comments like this always bemuse me. This is a forum for discussing all things Stanley. Why shouldn't this be a valid topic for discussion?
Just because someone has been successful in the past, doesn't make them immune from discussion in the present.

I work in a job in which I am constently judged in terms of results. If I am very unsuccessful one year, claiming that I was successful 2 years ago isn't going to protect me from criticism by my superiors.
The same goes for most result driven occupations.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:06   #10
I am Banned

why is this a disgusting topic,this is an asfc forum,and every one has the right voice there opinions,lets look at the facts
1.asfc have lost the last 4 games
2.asfc have not scored in the last 4 games
3.john colemans questionable team selections
4.john colemans questionable team substitutions
5.lack of team moral
6. arguements in the dug out with jimmy bell
7.persisting with mc,evily
the people of accrington will not come and watch the dross that asfc are playing at the moment,perhaps it is time for EW to wield the axe,remember stan allen,he was sacked after 3 games at the start off 1 uni- bond season and he won the 1st two and drew the 3rd,the buck stops with the manager,john coleman is the football league and prem,s 3rd longest serving manager with now 8 years.perhaps this is were the problem lies,has he taken asfc as far as he can,and please dont anyone go on about he is the best manager asfc had,thats all in the past,yes he has taken asfc from non-league to the football league but lets face it we were lucky to stay up last season,and its the present that matters and the only place asfc are going is back to the conference and lets be honest,thats where most of the 1st team deserve to be,
i am not saying that a new manager can change things overnight but at the moment unless drastic steps are taken then asfc are going nowhere fast,i have admired john coleman but perhaps he is out of his depth,and his stubborness and lack of communication skills will be his downfall,asfc have sacked managers before and moved on,perhaps its time for john coleman and jimmy bell to move on.
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:11   #11
God Member

I think Coley should should have our support!
The time too judge is not now!!
A couple of good results and we are right back in the mix, At worst the guy is passionate and whole hearted! We come on here and give our views it must be difficult for him to keep a lid on it! once the players go over the white line it is down to them! We can all influence and make a difference and be as one and get behind the team at times like this it really can make a difference!
Or as a wise man say's "Keep The Faith"
Maybe more will come too light with the fans forum?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 02-09-2007 at 12:14.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:43   #12

I seem to remember a similiar thread last season, and what happened? Coley the Messiah kept us up. Keep the faith as the great man himself would say.
Old 02-09-2007, 13:26   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Coley the Messiah kept us up.
We don't want to endure these traumas year after year. If all that happens season after season is that we just about stay up, then that will obviously be the result of losing too many games - and who will come to watch a team that loses so consistently? Yes, it's early days. We WANT to keep the faith.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 13:27   #14

we have played four teams who are expected to challenge this year wih vastly superior budgets. so lets get some perspective. the time to start worryin is if we start gettin beat at home to the lesser teams. i for one think that where not that far away from havin a good team. we keep the ball alot better than we ever have. but this seems to have lost us a bit of penetration. am lookin forward to seeing dsane start the next couple of games he will give us the sort of combo we havnt had since muliin/lutel. as for the manager takin us as far as he can. i think are club is already punching above its weight so lets give the man a break. with our gates and our budget we should be a middle of the road conference team (burton) so lets enjoy the adventure.
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 13:40   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rude-dog View Post
we have played four teams who are expected to challenge this year wih vastly superior budgets. so lets get some perspective. the time to start worryin is if we start gettin beat at home to the lesser teams. i for one think that where not that far away from havin a good team. we keep the ball alot better than we ever have. but this seems to have lost us a bit of penetration. am lookin forward to seeing dsane start the next couple of games he will give us the sort of combo we havnt had since muliin/lutel. as for the manager takin us as far as he can. i think are club is already punching above its weight so lets give the man a break. with our gates and our budget we should be a middle of the road conference team (burton) so lets enjoy the adventure.
Totally agree with you

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..