Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 22:17   #46
Super Moderator

Re: Has Coleman lost the dressing room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
true but i think we should get a top coach to come in and guide john where hes going wrong ......
A top coach, eh?...And who's going to pay for that?
Old 02-09-2007, 22:18   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Yep, Coley has shot himself in the foot somewhat over the McEvilly scenario. However, overall, he has been nothing short of a miracle worker for Stanley. The worrying thing is, that without a major investment in the club, he will have an even smaller budget to work with next season, as the money will be swallowed up by the large-scale ground improvements required by the football league plus the shortfall on operating costs caused by inadequate gates. And I doubt that even he can continue to pull rabbits out of hats in those circumstances.
i was just wondering about the large-scale improvements because there was an mp {cant remember his name** who was going to raise a bill to have safe terracing in league football and the league were going to change the rules dont know if any truth in the rumour dont know the timescale
Old 02-09-2007, 22:19   #48
God Member

Quote:
fraser eagle
Old 02-09-2007, 22:20   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Fraser Eagle?

I'll get me coat.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 22:21   #50
God Member

nice one buddy, I'd give you karma for that but I've gotta spread it around apparently
Old 02-09-2007, 22:23   #51
Super Moderator

The improvements I'm on about are the 1,000-seater stand to meet FL requirements by the end of the 2007/08 season. Also, we will have to replace the present portakabin with a permanent structure as the council, somewhat reluctantly, granted planning permission for the present structure for one more season.
Old 02-09-2007, 22:26   #52
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
nice one buddy, I'd give you karma for that but I've gotta spread it around apparently
I've given him some. I would've given Bananaman some too, but I can't because, believe it or not, I gave him some too recently.
Old 02-09-2007, 22:27   #53
God Member

Quote:
The improvements I'm on about are the 1,000-seater stand to meet FL requirements by the end of the 2007/08 season. Also, we will have to replace the present portakabin with a permanent structure as the council, somewhat reluctantly, granted planning permission for the present structure for one more season.
how many seats have we got already if the worse comes to worse we can always continue the seats round to the away end and biuld a tunnel for the players to come out
Old 02-09-2007, 22:30   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
how many seats have we got already if the worse comes to worse we can always continue the seats round to the away end and biuld a tunnel for the players to come out
That would solve the seating problem and getting a coach in one go. Park a double decker where the players come out, get the players to use the lower deck of the bus as the tunnel and use the seats upstairs as a stand
Old 02-09-2007, 22:40   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
That would solve the seating problem and getting a coach in one go. Park a double decker where the players come out, get the players to use the lower deck of the bus as the tunnel and use the seats upstairs as a stand
nice onewe could always use alex miller as he is liverpool assistant manager and an ex rangers player
Old 02-09-2007, 22:43   #56
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Oh dear cmonstanley 1 lancsdave 0

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:33   #57
Senior Member+

Interesting comments, here,s my twopenorth. The boss, Coleman, is responsible for the players, he,s responsible for signings, tactics, formation, moral, discipline and example. If the players are behind him they will run their socks off, if they respect him they will give their all, if they are proud to play for Stanley they will never quit, if they love their job, and why wouldn,t they, they will hate to fail. As an old player I know they can do it if they make up their minds. I think that over the next month we are going to see a much improved squad, if not, I,m afraid all of your fears may come true. I watched Aston Villa play Chelsea today {on T.V.** a perfect example of a team who wouldn,t quit. With that attitude Stanley can be the team we all want them to be so lets keep behind them. I,m traveling 8000 miles to watch next four game so lets hope they give it their best shot.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 14:22   #58
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
I,m traveling 8000 miles to watch next four game so lets hope they give it their best shot.
Are you really sure you want that much punishment Bryan if I where you I'd go somewhere else, New Zealand perhaps.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 14:25   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Oh dear cmonstanley 1 lancsdave 0

I shall be appealing to the FA about that one
Old 03-09-2007, 15:04   #60
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Fraser Eagle?

I'll get me coat.
Leave your coat, hold the ****** still and I'll get my gun.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..