Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Myfootballclub what do you think?
Yes give us the money 9 22.50%
No id rather play in the unibond 18 45.00%
not sure id like all the facts from the club ie Eric,rob etc 13 32.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2007, 14:19   #1

Moneys to tight to mention

With all the speculation floating about at the moment i was just wondering if 99% of people on hear are/would still be against the devil itself 'myfootballclub' being interested in adding 50,000 fans/intersted people to the clubs fanbase.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-09-2007, 18:48   #2
God Member

Re: Moneys to tight to mention

this thing is all about a profit making scheme thats why they say its an investment all investor companys asset strip.so theyll probably sell all the players the rights to the name and sell the ground to build houses on most investors would want profit return.if its not that well probably read in the papers a couple of months down the line.footbal fans caught in idiotic fraud scamjust because its in the media doesnt mean its legit remember robert maxwell
Old 06-09-2007, 01:03   #3
Full Member+

I'd like to think that Eric would keep the fans of this club posted with developments regarding the ownership of the club. Maybe, by the recent releases to the media he is signalling that the time is right for him to step aside

No one can underestimate the herculean task EW has had, raising this club from the obscurity of the Unibond league to the heights it has reached now. I, like many others ,thank him for those efforts.

But with regard to selling out to a debatable consortium such as this, If the time has indeed come for Eric to hand the reins to someone else, be it an individual or consortium, I'd hope they'd have the best interests of the club and it's fans as their No 1 priority. With what I've read about this Myfootball business, I have grave doubts.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 03:40   #4
Junior Member+

Contrary to the characterization of MyFC as "the devil itself," I'd be very happy to answer any questions about MyFC. The posts I've read here and elsewhere suggest that there are huge misperceptions about what MyFC can and will do to whichever club it purchases

For example, the post suggesting we'd simply buy a club to strip it of its players and make a profit in development is totally based on false rumors. By definition, the MyFC trust which will purchase a club is a not-for-profit entity. The individual members can never profit from the enterprise, which means our only motivation is to keep the club going and growing stronger. Let me repeat, individually we are prevented BY LAW from profiting on the club. All the profits the club makes go right back into the club's growth.

I'm sure there are other misunderstandings about MyFC also. I'm not a member of the management team and can only speak for myself, but I have studied the legal terms and conditions of MyFC and know what the trust can and will be able to do and what it absolutely cannot do. Before you paint us as "the devil," please take the time at least to understand accurately what you are condemning.
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 06:49   #5
Senior Member+

If the options in the poll reflect the quality of the scheme, then it is certainly best avoided. If the poll organiser really wants to sound opinion, sensible options should be offered rather than the "loaded" and emotive ones here.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:54   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
If the options in the poll reflect the quality of the scheme, then it is certainly best avoided. If the poll organiser really wants to sound opinion, sensible options should be offered rather than the "loaded" and emotive ones here.

I just setup the poll for supporters opinions, i have in fact signed up for myfc and chose stanley as a possible target. I made the poll options from hearing thoughts on here being aired. I do not work for myfc. Therfore the crap poll options in your articulate words should not be misrepresented of any myfc representitives.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 17:20   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_was_A_red_ View Post
I made the poll options from hearing thoughts on here being aired.
Surely not. I cannot recall anyone in any thread saying "I'd rather play in the Unibond". I think that these are your words.
Old 06-09-2007, 18:31   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Surely not. I cannot recall anyone in any thread saying "I'd rather play in the Unibond". I think that these are your words.
With 50000 people having a say in team selection, any club going down this route will be in the Unibond pdq - unless they're from the south of course

Last edited by Chimer; 06-09-2007 at 18:32. Reason: spelling
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 15:36   #9
Senior Member+

500000 supportter other night will also form
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 15:45   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
500000 supportter other night will also form
I wonder if you could possible translate this in English for us.
Old 07-09-2007, 16:25   #11
Senior Member+

sorry

50,000 Fans Will Be Generated OverNight If We Were To Be Took Over
Old 07-09-2007, 17:12   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
sorry

50,000 Fans Will Be Generated OverNight If We Were To Be Took Over
Thanks for making that clear - and, indirectly, making clear what a "fan" actually is. That's a question that has been bothering quite a few of us in several threads on the messageboard recently. So a "fan" is simply an investor. Is that correct? If I invest £35 in Chelsea, for whatever reason, do I automatically become a "fan" of Chelsea?
Old 07-09-2007, 17:50   #13
Senior Member+

no but you would become intrested in that club and be concerned about its welfare also you would have a soft spot and some of those members would become part-time supporters.. i sometimes go to blackburn games does that make me a fan ? .. face it the club is in need of a investor and this could be a good thing or a bad thing .. i personally would prefer ilayis khan (spelling ? ) to be involed in any takeover as he is a genuine fan as im sure many of you agree and he himselfs admin it's time to step over eric. a legend in the name of stanley a era has ended.
Old 07-09-2007, 18:20   #14

I define a fan as someone who likes/enjoys the subject that they are a fan of ie. a football fan may enjoy watching a particular club on tv and wish them to win everything they can or may just play football in the park/on the street etc. Many English and some British people are fans of Tim Henman

I would say a supporter is someone who contributes something to the cause of which they are a fan of. This would generally mean some one who pays money at the gate to watch their team or buys the merchandise/ takes part in fund raising/ gives their time freely, or cheaply to ensure the object of their desire can continue to exist and hopefully acheive success. Most of us cannot say we have supported Tim Henman based on this definition.

Am I right or wrong
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..