Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2010, 16:44   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Match Thread vs Mariners

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Disagree with ya on Kempson cashy he saved us on a few occasions today.
Sam when does he "Ever" not just today play the ball? all i ever see is "Hoof" or "Head" even when time to bring it down n play it.
Old 05-04-2010, 16:44   #62

load of rubbish sack the man in the hot seat .
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 16:51   #63
God Member

First goal conceded because they didnt play to the wistle. Second a deflection of the wall was hard luck. As for the third they were more worried about the Mariners player with the ball on deck and when it broke free an army could be driven down the middle to goal. When that happens a player just run in not marked n no cover. As for Kempson he owes an apology to Deano after his rant at the poor sod for covering him. The penalty claim that Grimsby had was a dead cert n Stanley were lucky the ref miss read it.

To me they are very tired and there is a lot of tension in the team.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 16:55   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
load of rubbish sack the man in the hot seat .
Do you really even want to be saying that. We have over-acheived this season. Beat last years record and have pushed for promotion until the last 4 games. Not to bad to say we have the smallest squad in the league, worst facilities. Negative vibes like that are not needed in a season where we have survived being wound up, to be pushing for promotion. Being seen as favorites in matches we would of been written off in. FA Cup run vs Fulham, League Cup vs QPR, JPT vs Leeds. Really you want the man in the hot seat gone ?

Johnny Coleman Football Genius
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 17:00   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
As for Kempson he owes an apology to Deano after his rant at the poor sod for covering him.
Thats called moving the spotlight spug,Winnard fer me was one of the better defenders.I was disgusted at Kempson fer that, it was right in front of us.
Old 05-04-2010, 17:12   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Do you really even want to be saying that. We have over-acheived this season. Beat last years record and have pushed for promotion until the last 4 games. Not to bad to say we have the smallest squad in the league, worst facilities. Negative vibes like that are not needed in a season where we have survived being wound up, to be pushing for promotion. Being seen as favorites in matches we would of been written off in. FA Cup run vs Fulham, League Cup vs QPR, JPT vs Leeds. Really you want the man in the hot seat gone ?

Johnny Coleman Football Genius
Fully agreed, cant start saying sack the boss that would just be fickle, im pretty sure you wouldnt have been saying that when we drew fulham or leeds in the cups... yes we was awful today and i thought a changed side from that rubbish on saturday would have made a difference but obviously not even though if the team was the same im sure the outcome would have been the same aswell. The only was is up and 3 points are a MUST up at darlo saturday...

keep the faith

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 17:12   #67

We are all just frustrated. We pay good money to watch our team play and they didnt perform. Hope Coley makes the right choices for new contracts as I dont feel some current players show enough passion and show that they have the ability for league football. Coley its in your hands.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 17:14   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats called moving the spotlight spug,Winnard fer me was one of the better defenders.I was disgusted at Kempson fer that, it was right in front of us.
Saying it as it appeared to me. Still maintain there is discord in the team and temper outburst is a sign of it.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 05-04-2010, 17:14   #69

There is problems in the team. It may be that Colman is too much a bully boy the team are frightened in case they make mistakes. Kempson was off on one, the two Goalies must wonder who is the first choice,though they both seem as bad as each other. The team played like total strangers, on the positive side it should have been six for Grimsby
Just want the season over so we can regroup,buy Antwi and Martin perhaps
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 17:22   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by new red View Post
We are all just frustrated. We pay good money to watch our team play and they didnt perform. Hope Coley makes the right choices for new contracts as I dont feel some current players show enough passion and show that they have the ability for league football. Coley its in your hands.
Saddened as well as frustrated. Ok J.C has some hard choices to make but so do the board. The squad size doesnt help and tired bodies and minds will lessen passion and hinder performance. It needs to be a case of over the season not over a few bad matches.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 05-04-2010, 17:40   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

No-one can doubt what Coley has acheived fer stanley, amazing is my word fer it. but there comes a "Point" in every job,when ya have gone as far as ya can! Thats the "Real" question, Has he reached that Point? some will not like this, but its a fact of life.
Old 05-04-2010, 17:47   #72
God Member

A lacklustre performance from the team all round today...........if we are honest we should have been 2-6 down at the end of the first half, it was only last ditch defending that kept us in it IMHO.

The MOM gets subbed at half time...............ok probably tactical inorder to tighten up at the back, but it didnt work ..................a bad day at the office.....again!

Not nearly good enough................where has our form gone I wonder?

Oh well, next!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 17:58   #73

The attitude of the players summed itself up today. We are safe that's the end of the season!.
3rd.Div.North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 18:05   #74

Quote:
No-one can doubt what Coley has acheived fer stanley, amazing is my word fer it. but there comes a "Point" in every job,when ya have gone as far as ya can! Thats the "Real" question, Has he reached that Point? some will not like this, but its a fact of life.
Exactly the conversation grimps and myself had in the second half and yes you are right cashman some will not like the question being asked but it is gonna be asked, half the problem is we are all passionate about our little club and some will speak their thoughts openly come what may and grimps is one of them.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 18:06   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
Fair enough, but if your philosophy is correct then who do you replace him with ? We couldnt afford ore than a tinpot manager and we would see ourselfs slipping down the leagues faster than we got here. IMHO.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..