Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2010, 18:16   #76

Re: Match Thread vs Mariners

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyAggro View Post
Fully agreed, cant start saying sack the boss that would just be fickle, im pretty sure you wouldnt have been saying that when we drew fulham or leeds in the cups... yes we was awful today and i thought a changed side from that rubbish on saturday would have made a difference but obviously not even though if the team was the same im sure the outcome would have been the same aswell. The only was is up and 3 points are a MUST up at darlo saturday...

keep the faith
Poor performances like that make those thoughts come up. We just lacked a bit of organisation and by a bit I mean a lot.
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-04-2010, 18:16   #77
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Fair enough, but if your philosophy is correct then who do you replace him with ? We couldnt afford ore than a tinpot manager and we would see ourselfs slipping down the leagues faster than we got here. IMHO.
I did NOT say i would replace him, i said thats the "Real Question" IMHO only Coley n the powers that be can answer, and to speculate slipping down the leagues is a dumb statement to me, no-one knows the answer to that, end of the day everyone wants the same thing, therefore every possibility needs to be explored.
Old 05-04-2010, 18:31   #78
Senior Member+

I think we've got to remember what Stanley have achieved this season, Stanley were favourites to go down this season. We also had the financial problems,a small squad because of the embargo, and the continuing problem of low gates.

To still be playing 2nd division football next season is in my humble opinion a remarkable achievement.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 18:35   #79
Super Moderator

I'm just glad we're mathematically safe now, or else I'd be really worried, as, on today's showing, I can't see us picking up another point this season.

Fed up of the reversion to the old boot it up in the air and hope for the best stuff and why the hell is Coley persisting with McConville, a player who is obviously not football league standard?
Old 05-04-2010, 18:35   #80
Senior Member+

They wanted it we didnt, simple as that.

ONLY 2 bright sparks where Turner's ball in for Kee's goal and Symes superb finish.

Other than that, shocking shocklingly poor

Can the season end now please???
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 18:39   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
I think we've got to remember what Stanley have achieved this season, Stanley were favourites to go down this season. We also had the financial problems,a small squad because of the embargo, and the continuing problem of low gates.

To still be playing 2nd division football next season is in my humble opinion a remarkable achievement.
That is beyond doubt Bernard, but we've all seen some great performances this season, also seen what was possible, is it wrong to want improvement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I'm just glad we're mathematically safe now, or else I'd be really worried, as, on today's showing, I can't see us picking up another point this season.

Fed up of the reversion to the old boot it up in the air and hope for the best stuff and why the hell is Coley persisting with McConville, a player who is obviously not football league standard?
Thats exactly the sort of thing that worries me.
Old 05-04-2010, 18:40   #82
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Whats happend to our team not just to days poor performance but over the last one n half/2moths,since the morecamb game at home ,have Grant and Syme signed new contracts or john and jimmy for that matter. For me theteams gone down hill since 8th feb when bradford job came about since then we've lost 9 won 3 and drawn 2.it might have nowt to do with it but thats religation results,just agood job we had a good first half of the season.

Last edited by mab; 05-04-2010 at 18:42.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 18:42   #83

I agree Bernard but, we are all passionate about our little club and we do seem to have gone downhill over the past seven or eight games, there does seem to be some unrest in the team, but coley's tactics do no seem to help. he said this was the stngest squad he has assembled,but it looks as though they are only strong for threequarters of a season, if we had played like this for a furthe four or five games we would be in a dogfight again. But lets keep the faith for a little time longer. It's all down to disapointment.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 18:50   #84
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy McQueen View Post
I agree Bernard but, we are all passionate about our little club and we do seem to have gone downhill over the past seven or eight games, there does seem to be some unrest in the team, but coley's tactics do no seem to help. he said this was the stngest squad he has assembled,but it looks as though they are only strong for threequarters of a season, if we had played like this for a furthe four or five games we would be in a dogfight again. But lets keep the faith for a little time longer. It's all down to disapointment.
I agree its the strongest squad ive seen since pre 62, n there was some superb stanley sides in 50s, Hence the reason fer me comment about the "Real Question" my own personal thoughts are there is still a "Non-League" attitude prevalent.
Old 05-04-2010, 18:51   #85
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That is beyond doubt Bernard, but we've all seen some great performances this season, also seen what was possible, is it wrong to want improvement?

Thats exactly the sort of thing that worries me.
I think there has been improvement this season Cashy. Just maybe we all got carried away a bit with the early season form,and the expectation level was raised too high.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 18:59   #86

Quote:
I think there has been improvement this season Cashy. Just maybe we all got carried away a bit with the early season form,and the expectation level was raised too high.
Think you hit the nail fairly and squarely on the head there Bernard.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 19:00   #87

Many years ago when Liverpool had a good side, they won the league with about seven games to spare, they then went on to loose their remaining games. It must be a psychological thing, Stanley are safe,job done, no need to worry, play out the season. Not saying its right, but it may have a bearing on the catastrophic loss of form.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 19:14   #88
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Many years ago when Liverpool had a good side, they won the league with about seven games to spare, they then went on to loose their remaining games. It must be a psychological thing, Stanley are safe,job done, no need to worry, play out the season. Not saying its right, but it may have a bearing on the catastrophic loss of form.
Possible caretaker, its more than that to me, as wynonie said they have taken to hoofing the ball once again though, Why? these are professionals! they were beaten by rochdale, i came away saying 2 good sides n best side on day won, whilst disapointed, i was not brassed off, Today Grimsby were the far better side n they may well be going into oblivion, I came away bemused n disgusted,the performance was not acceptable simple as.IMHO. excuses do not sit well wi me. aint many affluent people in this neck o the woods n to me deserve better. how can they possibly attract any walk ons with this?
Old 05-04-2010, 19:17   #89
God Member

For what it's worth here my tuppence worth:

Grimsby were up for it the front two were as good as I have seen all season (though they obviously don't play like that all the time or the Mariners would not be where they are)

Akpro had all the tricks in his locker, the movement just caused chaos in our schoolboy defence pulling them all other the place.

At two-nil down they had heart, passion, belief and played for each other. Not once did their heads go down they dug deep and got their rightful just rewards against a woefully inept Stanley side.

There is something seriously wrong at Stanley

There is very little Leadership, No Balls, No Passion & No Commitment

It is a dreadful shame a season that promised so much is pertering out without a whimper

I don't know what the solution is maybe we just don't know what to do when we become the side the teams want to beat as opposed to being the other way around?

Play with two wingers and don't blooming use them, crap balls straight out of defence to the opposition, hoofing down the middle to no one?

The HMS Stanley has certainly run aground Big Time and will take more than a few Tug Boats to pull us out of this one

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 05-04-2010 at 19:21.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 19:24   #90
God Member

Quote:

Whilst I agree with this post, it doesn't stop me being bitterly disappointed in the performance today (and I use the word loosely).
Apparently Coley locked the lads in the dressing room after the game & they still hadn't emerged at going on for half six - not sure how much good that will do, the lads were obviously frustrated with the way they played today (argueing between themselves on the pitch proved that) but will treating them like babies improve that, surely better to start afresh in training this week & go back to basics - the quality (or not) of the team starts at the top & Coley & Jimmy have to share some of the blame for this drop in form
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..