Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2010, 07:44   #106
Super Moderator

Re: Match Thread vs Mariners

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Those that are calling for Coleys had are fools IMO.
"Those"?...As far as I can see, there's only one person who actually reckons that Coley should go and that's Grimps. Possibly he said that in the heat of the moment yesterday, perhaps he really means it...even if it's the latter, he's still entitled to his opinion.

However, most fans want to carry on with Coley and he's worked miracles with the resources at his disposal, but that doesn't mean he should be immune from criticism. As others have said, questions will be asked.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:00   #107
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
"Those"?...As far as I can see, there's only one person who actually reckons that Coley should go and that's Grimps. Possibly he said that in the heat of the moment yesterday, perhaps he really means it...even if it's the latter, he's still entitled to his opinion.

However, most fans want to carry on with Coley and he's worked miracles with the resources at his disposal, but that doesn't mean he should be immune from criticism. As others have said, questions will be asked.
Thats whats so funny,i only remember 1 post saying that, funny in the way some who orate wi long posts etc, at the end of the day are incapable of reading. especially if they think people disagree wi there view.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:03   #108
God Member

The headline on the Telegrapgh billboards say "Coley Blame Me For Grim Day', it's not online yet so can't tell you anymore yet as I ain't forking out for the paper
Old 06-04-2010, 09:05   #109
Full Member+

Sorry Cashy, you misunderstand me - my idea was not to go for people who "disagree wi' me" but to try to give a fair reflection of my own view of yesterday. Sorry if only one person called for Coleman's head, but I wasn't actually counting, and you have to admit there are a few negative vibes around, and so be it, people are entitled to their views.
My "orate wi' a long post" was merely my way of running through the strengths and weaknesses of the team as I saw them yesterday, but you evidently "disagree wi me" and that's fair enough.
Better stop now before I orate too much! Roll on the next game.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:06   #110
God Member

Bit I heard on 2BR with Coley was sort of saying as much as he accepted responsibility but without offering up any real answers?

Coley has worked miracles of that there is no denying and his year on year record is as good as it gets

Sometimes when you have been in a job for so long you can become tunnelvisioned in the way you do things and what it achieves, but at football it is a constantly changing picture.

I wonder if we have opposition teams watched to know how they play and from that build tactics around it?

I would imagine with our budgets that is not always possible and perhaps with a small backroom staff we are maybe limited in how we can approach games in terms of experience?

At the end of the day Coley & Jimmy can only pick and prepare the team to the best of their ability once the players are over the white line it is then down to the players, the more experienced players have to help out the younger less experienced players and maybe that is another part of the problem?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:46   #111
Senior Member+

deano was in the suns team of the day today, unusual for a losing team member to be picked
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:48   #112
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
the moving of Phil to right-back was enforced, leaving the central pairing of Darren and McCarten.
Murphy was on the bench and he has played at full back this season. So, in my opinion, the moving of Phil to right back was NOT enforced. Murphy played at right back at Dagenham on Saturday. Unfortunately, McCarten looked totally out of his depth.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:22   #113
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Murphy was on the bench and he has played at full back this season. So, in my opinion, the moving of Phil to right back was NOT enforced. Murphy played at right back at Dagenham on Saturday. Unfortunately, McCarten looked totally out of his depth.
Murphy unfortunately is not the answer, it was a harsh baptism of fire for McCarten difficult to come into a team that is bereathed of ideas further up the pitch which means the ball is going to keep coming back at you.

It is a major rebuilding job come the Summer with parts of the spine of the team in place already but a small squad is fine and dandy so long as you have a magical blend quality, experience, youthul exhubarance and players that can perhaps play a couple of positions.

I would like to see our net cast a bit wider than the usual places to ensure we get the right mix.

Budgets as always will be the main constraint but there are gems out there and you just gotta find em

SFFS
Old 06-04-2010, 11:51   #114
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
I would like to see our net cast a bit wider than the usual places to ensure we get the right mix.
What! Surely you don't mean The Wirral as well?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:53   #115
Senior Member+

Some sound observations coming up on recent posts. Coley and Jimmy have done an amazing job this season and over the last ten seasons! They have totally defied predictions about relagation. So well done. Yes, it is frustrating when we are in the middle of a down turn in form but Coley has tried making changes to the team in an effort to turn the tide. Remember he has NO CASH to spend and not much with which to attract loanees to come and play for us at our humble little ground with its limited facilities. When you take into account all of these factors then surely John and Jimmy are doing superbly. The players have plyed lots of matches this season, on heavy grounds, often twice a week with a small squad. Some of them are bound to be feeling it now. It is dead easy to start criticising the mangers when we lose a few. So lets continue our wonderful support, sing with the Ultras and continue our historical journey with STANLEY
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:26   #116
God Member

You know it's a sad state of affairs when the only part of your side looking to get forward and attack is the left full back. Nothing to say about the game that hasn't already been said.

Is Jimmy Ryan injured?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:42   #117
Senior Member+

Aparently not shaker
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 13:06   #118
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Agree McCarten looked well out of his depth, can understand it though, as they have been playing crap of late, Coley needed to see if he could fit the bill, on this performance the answer is no. But what puzzles me is how many games have i to watch before i see McConville in his ruddy depth? be interesting to see if young McCarten is banished fer now, won't it?
Old 06-04-2010, 14:23   #119
God Member

At least Coley acknowledges the buck stops with him

It will be interesting to see how Coley & Jimmy tackle this

SFFS
Old 06-04-2010, 16:11   #120
Senior Member+

I can understand how he feels, probs the lowest (recent) point for any Stanley fan was yesterday..... I have seen all 5 of those defeats & they were ALL shockers!

I feel like crying too JC, but KEEP THE FAITH!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..