Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2011, 19:34   #31
God Member

Re: observer auction

Find it hard to believe that HMRC would employ a company to sell off some of our assets for a debt under ten grand.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2011, 19:38   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Find it hard to believe that HMRC would employ a company to sell off some of our assets for a debt under ten grand.
Was arranged weeks ago though, but as KSH pointed out will they back this week ?
Old 24-02-2011, 19:43   #33
God Member

I'm well confused.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 19:48   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Was arranged weeks ago though, but as KSH pointed out will they back this week ?
It has to be weeks ago if its in the Observer.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 19:49   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post

Could even be 2009
Old 24-02-2011, 19:50   #36
Senior Member+

Yet another embarrassment.

When will it stop?
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 19:50   #37

Quote:
plus February`s payment which will undoubtedly be late.
huncoatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 19:50   #38

A payment is not classed late untill it is 28days late

I would think when the taxman asked how are ASFC going to make up the late payment ASFC couldnt answer as Ilyas and his team were still working on the shares issues etc....so the auction was set for the 9th march since then board room matters have be sorted money matters sorted the best they could etc....

Do you think if we were in admin Ilyas would of not stated this and if were under threat of be auctioned off he would kept quiet?

Ilyas has said the club is safe we should have faith he has never let us down before
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 19:53   #39

assuming that the auction went ahead,then surely the ground would not be up to league standard. would this mean game cancellations and income drying up again?
huncoatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 19:56   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post

The way the Observer is these days, I wouldn't be surprised if they got us mixed up with Rochdale FC
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 19:59   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncoatred View Post
assuming that the auction went ahead,then surely the ground would not be up to league standard. would this mean game cancellations and income drying up again?
Yes, they would still go ahead. It just means everybody would have to stand up (inc boardroom staff), fetch a torch for the night matches, not be able to give away signed shirts and borrow Karl's megaphone for the half time announcements

Hey you, don't watch that watch this! This is the heavy heavy monster sound,
The nuttiest sound around. So if you've come in off the street and you're beginning to feel the heat,
Well listen buster, you better start to move your feet to the rockinest, rock-steady beat of STANLEY

SOS 243
Stephen666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 20:07   #42

Quote:
Well, I think I've just committed myself to pay £800 for the seats,(They'll look well on my decking) so, that leaves the rest of you to find £9200 for the board room stuff & the pylons.....

What I want to know, who will bid for Eric's head on a pole???

(Sorry, Eric, I worked next to you at EE in 1964, wouldn't really wish you any harm!)

Last edited by KiTChener; 24-02-2011 at 20:12. Reason: Thought I might be a bit too harsh!
Old 24-02-2011, 20:08   #43
Full Member+

My stars , I didn't see that coming. Ilyas did say we have been very patient and to be patient a bit longer ??????? I wonder if he knows whats going on.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 20:15   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen666 View Post
Yes, they would still go ahead. It just means everybody would have to stand up (inc boardroom staff), fetch a torch for the night matches, not be able to give away signed shirts and borrow Karl's megaphone for the half time announcements
Surely if they are bringing torches, they may be giving away
SINGED shirts!
Old 24-02-2011, 20:26   #45

Right guys, I've had a bit of fun on this thread, cannot believe you are SO SERIOUS!

Hopefully not offended any of you by appearing so flippant with my posts, but we all need to remember JC's tag line

KEEP THE FAITH!

IK will see us through, I am sure.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..