Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2011, 09:57   #61
Resting In Peace

Re: observer auction

The Club statement also states that "two of our major sponsors going into liquidation". Who are the two major sponsors that have gone into liquidation ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2011, 10:09   #62
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

was on here other day somewhere jeff, combined stabilization was one forget the others name.
Old 25-02-2011, 10:22   #63
Senior Member+

The sad part about all this is that ultimately it's the club that is paying the bailiffs and auctioners by way of penalties levied by HMRC. That's money that the club can ill afford and that could be much better spent in other more positive ways. Paying other creditors, for instance.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2011, 10:53   #64
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
was on here other day somewhere jeff, combined stabilization was one forget the others name.
I know Combined Stabilization went into liquidation that is one major sponsor, but who is the other major sponsor that has gone into liquidation ?

The Club must have known that this auction was happening because if HMRC is unwilling to accept a business's proposal for a "time to pay" arrangement they can move into a process called "destraint" where a company’s assets can be seized and sold at public auction. This process can force a business to close down. The Club's assets must have been seized for them to be put into an auction. This hasn't happened overnight, officers of HMRC or bailiffs must have been to the ground to list the saleable assets and must have been shown around the ground by someone.

It's about time we had everything out in the open and a new start with new people controlling the Club, have a share issue to hopefully raise some money and then re-gain the local business's trust to get games sponsored and maybe the ground sponsored.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2011, 11:25   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
I know Combined Stabilization went into liquidation that is one major sponsor, but who is the other major sponsor that has gone into liquidation ?

Tradewinds or whatever they were called, the people who do the perimeter advertising boards. I think it's about 5k lost
Old 25-02-2011, 11:32   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Tradewinds or whatever they were called, the people who do the perimeter advertising boards. I think it's about 5k lost
they are the 1s i think.....did anyone notice alot of advertising boards had disappeared at tues game......the ones with the metal frames
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2011, 12:12   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
And these are "major sponsors"?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2011, 12:17   #68

i would think so tbh we have no ground sponsor or shirt sponsor now so im guessing they are next on the list???
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2011, 13:02   #69
God Member

i think the figure mentioned by Peter Shaw was £8k for Tradewinds and £35k for Combined Stabilisation. But these figures are only lost from the overall annual turnover not just the last few weeks as is intimated. Its a loss alright but it shows just how pitiful we have become when £43k (about 3% of our estimated AT) is considered our major sponsors.

And the next thing is why have we not learnt our lesson from the demise of Fraser Eagle? They went belly up having not paid us a penny (allegedly) of that years owings so how on earth has it happened again?
Old 25-02-2011, 14:31   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
i think the figure mentioned by Peter Shaw was £8k for Tradewinds and £35k for Combined Stabilisation. But these figures are only lost from the overall annual turnover not just the last few weeks as is intimated. Its a loss alright but it shows just how pitiful we have become when £43k (about 3% of our estimated AT) is considered our major sponsors.

And the next thing is why have we not learnt our lesson from the demise of Fraser Eagle? They went belly up having not paid us a penny (allegedly) of that years owings so how on earth has it happened again?
Really good points well put Rob

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2011, 14:39   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post

Beats me,aint time to think about it, am going swimming.
Old 25-02-2011, 14:40   #72
God Member

is it OAP discount day again?

be like vegetable soup down there
Old 25-02-2011, 14:45   #73
God Member

I think the other point to bear in mind is it is going to get harder & harder out there as Companies look to tighten there purse strings in the economic climate.

I would like to see more genuine partnerships not just in terms of revenue but interest grabbers in terms of profiles for both Club & Sponsors which will be dificult given the above and will be have to worked at really hard.

I notice in the local paper the Clarets are now offering tickets for games that can be obtained with Tesco Clubcard points, it may seem small but again the name crops up.

The business Club idea is another one at Accy that can be a cracking idea if worked upon and can bring people in from different businesses maybe lots of smaller one's whether it's for sponsorship or local know how, locality and business accumen brought together can work well for the Club & the Town in tying in a lot of things including raising the profile of those involved whilst sharing a wealth of ideas and expertise.

SFFS
Old 25-02-2011, 15:42   #74
God Member

i think all these partnerships and 'clubs' are more involving than we need.

we need their brass and hopefully they need our market. I'm not sure when these new fangled things became fashionable, or whether they even work, but we need to keep it really simple at the moment. IMHO
Old 25-02-2011, 16:22   #75
God Member

I don't disagree Rob but trust has to be built especially now

SFFS

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..