Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2009, 09:11   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Season tickets 09/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower View Post
I hope the public respond in the way the club hopes it does.
Spot on Jimbo. A brave move and one that I'll be taking advantage of next week. I really, really hope that it pays off.
Old 25-02-2009, 11:47   #32
God Member

A fab move by the club, really hope it pays off and people sign up...

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 12:00   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well even cashys considering it.
Old 25-02-2009, 12:10   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Think you'll find Sam that the vouchers are with the concession price of 110 quid not the 50 quid students & under 16's tickets - still damn good value though for all the season tickets, really hope this works and we get more through the gates next season.
Ah you may be right, still wouldn't even dare quibble at that price, still an awesome deal.

I wonder if the 3x£10 stanley store vouchers can be used at once in the club shop ?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 13:20   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Ah you may be right, still wouldn't even dare quibble at that price, still an awesome deal.

I wonder if the 3x£10 stanley store vouchers can be used at once in the club shop ?
I was listening to 2BR on the way home and Dan was talking to Dan the commercial man. Dan commercial man definitely began a sentence with 'the vouchers for adults and concessions are...". I hope it wasn't a mistake. Still, as you say, a deal not to be sniffed at either way.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 13:37   #36
God Member

Oops, just realised that a concession ticket is different from a student one!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 15:37   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
at £10 a game for walk ons, ST holders would still be getting a 40% (ish) discount PLUS the add-ons. It would be silly not to get signed up so bang the drum where you can.
If the walk on price was reduced to £10, then a season ticket works out at 14 paid games and 9 free ones.
or if you leave it until after the deadline, 19 paid for games and 4 free ones.

The more the walk-on price, the better value the season ticket is.

By the way, with the vouchers, £150 should get you a season ticket and a shirt. that makes it even better.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 15:43   #38
God Member

I'll agree with that, but to get really good crowds on at local derbys they could then reduce it to £10 or even £5 to fill the ground, with the season ticket holder getting such a good deal I would hope there would be no complaining about it like there has in the past

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 16:46   #39
God Member

There was a discussion on a Burnley board about the Stanley attendances. Maybe the following post may provide food for thought about pricing;

Quote:
I think, as regards crowds are concerned, that their success on the pitch has been of major detriment to the numbers of the people attending the games. For example, if Burnley were playing away in a game I couldn't attend then I would sometimes watch non league football at Stanley for £5 - £6. However due to their football league status there is no way that I would watch them now and pay £15 for the pleasure. Also, I think many casual supporters enjoy the non league football atmosphere where you can hear the banter between players and officials alike in a trouble free environment.
Old 25-02-2009, 17:03   #40
Senior Member+

It must have been a very long time ago, if it was £5 to get in.

As for the second point, well it's no different now. You can still hear the banter because the ground is largely empty.
Old 25-02-2009, 17:38   #41
K-P

Well I have to say I am amazed.. its been 24 hrs and 40 posts in this thread without anyone slagging off the club or attacking Eric.. is this a record?

See you can do it if you try

Don't suppose it will last, but by eck its refreshing ...
Old 25-02-2009, 17:49   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
It must have been a very long time ago, if it was £5 to get in.

As for the second point, well it's no different now. You can still hear the banter because the ground is largely empty.
It was more the general opinion than the exact prices that I posted it. I guess nobody really knows how many 'secondary' fans Stanley used to get in the conference days or still get now. Maybe another guide was the match against Torquay which was a lockout. Difficult choice for many clubs with half empty grounds week in week out. Is it better to aim for a 1,000 gate at £13 a throw, or a 2,000 gate at £6.50. The second option is only going to make more money if you can get more money off them while they are there.
Old 25-02-2009, 17:55   #43
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
1,000 gate at £13 a throw, or a 2,000 gate at £6.50. The second option is only going to make more money if you can get more money off them while they are there.
Actually its only going to work if you can get 2000 to pay £6.50 .. I have serious doubts that we could sustain a 2k average in accy..at any price.

I absoloutly agree 100% about the floating fans.. the reason they came has now been taken away from them due to our success.. even some stanley fans hanker after non league..

I dont know where 2000 regulars would come from.. cant see it meself
Old 25-02-2009, 18:00   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
It was more the general opinion than the exact prices that I posted it. I guess nobody really knows how many 'secondary' fans Stanley used to get in the conference days or still get now. Maybe another guide was the match against Torquay which was a lockout. Difficult choice for many clubs with half empty grounds week in week out. Is it better to aim for a 1,000 gate at £13 a throw, or a 2,000 gate at £6.50. The second option is only going to make more money if you can get more money off them while they are there.
You are spot on Lancsdave with the last line! So it is up to us as a club,with all the people that we have empolyed to just that (increase our income/cashflow) to do just that and build on the season ticket idea so when they turn up at the club we have on offer, things that people want to buy, when they want to buy them.....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 18:25   #45
Senior Member+

I for one will not be taking Eric's washers for working as a steward next season, I will be returning them for a ST and instead of watching unruly and ruly supporters, I will become one of them again, well done the club for this initiative.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..