Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2009, 21:38   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Season tickets 09/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
As Shakermaker states - promotion, promotion and more promotion might even lead to a promotion next season, who knows.
That's a tough call. It's hard to win the Blue Square Premier, you know.

Back to the season tickets... if we can't sell at least 500 at these prices, then it's time to give up. Seriously.
Old 06-03-2009, 21:49   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

will be more than suprised if they don't T.M.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:22   #93
God Member

My youngest son's mate started coming to games with us at the start of the season, then his mum came to a few - they've both got hooked enough to buy a season ticket each for next year so thats another two new recruits
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:53   #94
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
If the club don't get the news of season ticket prices and ram it down the throats of everyone in East Lancashire then it'll be a disaster.
Right on the money, Shakey. Everyone at the club should be pushing this for all it's worth throughout the whole area. Eric and Coley should've pushed it in their interviews with the the Observer and Evening Telegraph, yet neither of them even mentioned it.

The club should have a small, cheap leaflet on the theme of "Watch league football for around £6 a match" and they should be handing them out, not just in Accy, but in Ossy, Rishton, Harwood, Haslingden, Whalley, Darwen and many other towns in the area.

Sometimes I think the club don't really understand the value of advertising and Google Page Ranking, but they need to wise up very quickly now if this whole idea is to pay off. Tell 'em, Southern Red!
Old 07-03-2009, 10:06   #95
God Member

I think the Club have some posters & leaflets with Season Ticket info on,

maybe if a few people took them and displayed them in their cars, workplaces, pubs & clubs they visit etc......
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:09   #96
Resting in Peace

Slightly off topic, but on the same theme, I was up in Whitley Bay last weekend and you couldn't go more than 500 yards without seeing a yellow fluorescent poster on the lamp posts advertising their home game. Why don't the club do the same?
I would have done to the match, but didn't want to cause a family row.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:26   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
The club have had loads of differnt size posters made, dan and david have been going out all week getting them into places... its all systems go
Hope they will be handing some out today for displaying in cars

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 13:50   #98
Senior Member+

I came up for the game on Tuesday and planned to buy my season ticket along with a couple of other goodies, but I was disappointed to see that the shop was closed when I arrived just after 7 o'clock.

I shall still be buying a season ticket because I want to support this great gesture by the club. I doubt if I will get full value out of it but at least I know I will have helped the club.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 15:46   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
The club should have a small, cheap leaflet on the theme of "Watch league football for around £6 a match" and they should be handing them out, not just in Accy, but in Ossy, Rishton, Harwood, Haslingden, Whalley, Darwen and many other towns in the area.

I don't mind having some at my prime town centre location ( maybe the club may learn that local businesses actually don't mind helping, even though it doesn't work 2 ways ), but I ain't going to get them
Old 07-03-2009, 19:15   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

100 sold up to this morning says on fishy site, not bad in a week, lets hope they captilise on this with the press n publicity, will never have a better oppertunity.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:06   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
I think the Club have some posters & leaflets with Season Ticket info on,

maybe if a few people took them and displayed them in their cars, workplaces, pubs & clubs they visit etc......
The club should get around 500 cheap copies made. Arrange a day of canvassing by the fans in and around town on the weekends leading up to April 4th. All the club have to do is ask the fans via fishy site and manpower will be available to them.

We can't leave it to spots on radio and a couple of posters dotted around. If 500 aren't sold it'll be a major disaster.

I'll e-mail the commercial peeps, you never know summet might get shiftin'!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:58   #102
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
If 500 aren't sold it'll be a major disaster.
that figure will need to be more than 700 just to match last season financial figure
Old 08-03-2009, 09:39   #103
God Member

Never was any good at numbers.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:44   #104
God Member

picked up a few flyers from the club shop yesterday (they did have quite a few should anybody want to pick a few up),

they will be proudly displayed around the Pendle & Burnley areas

One thing that the club may want to consider, should the Clarets make it to the Premiership, is the Clarets have in place the Premiership pledge which means basically STH who bought their tickets before a certain date will be able to watch the games for free at Turf next season

their maybe a chance to plug us as their second team?
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:51   #105
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
their maybe a chance to plug us as their second team?
That's a good point. Maybe the club should have an adaption of the present leaflet printed up with an "Have Stanley as your second team...at just over £6 a match, you won't find better value anywhere" theme for distribution in the Burnley and Blackburn areas.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..