Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2009, 16:04   #76

Re: Season tickets 09/10

But you can't have one pleyer in the squad earning significantly more than the others, especially at this level, doesn't create a good squad atmosphere. If you break your budget once where does it stop.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2009, 16:51   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Wonder how many we have sold? Would be nice if the club could keep us up to date on this thread or on the website (noticed your online Southern any chance of an official update)
Rob Heys was in the Observer as saying they had had a good start. 452 is the figure to 'beat' but I reckon nearer 700 would be the true figure based on income generated. The good thing is the vouchers 'cos I reckon that people will use em (but probably not allowed all in the same purchase) and that will create more spend.
Old 27-02-2009, 17:06   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Rob Heys was in the Observer as saying they had had a good start. 452 is the figure to 'beat' but I reckon nearer 700 would be the true figure based on income generated. The good thing is the vouchers 'cos I reckon that people will use em (but probably not allowed all in the same purchase) and that will create more spend.
Cheers for info Macca Got to say that I believe that alot of the "Season Ticket" thinking has come from your views and posts you are one of the people on here that grinds their axe cleverly and therefore helps to get the correct result On the vouchers, whilst on my way back from The Hatters game I caught the tail end of a 2BR interview with Dan and then Rob about the ST and addons, and I (rightly or wrongly) got the impression that you could spend them all at once "The vouchers, well you can use them in the club shop and get your top for free" (about what he - Rob said) so unless you can get them in kit form...........

???? Wonder where I have heard that before ????? season ticket - new top - hand in hand ??????????

Keep on posting Macca, its one of the things I look out for

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 16:28   #79
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well ordered n paid fer mine this afternoon, Decided stanley need it more than the rovers, plus i can stand up. perhaps its a case of "Cashys Come Home"
Old 06-03-2009, 16:53   #80
God Member

Observer quotes Rob as saying that ST sales were going well with around 50 sold so far. Sounds bad to me but then again there has only been one game played since the announcement. Sales should pick up towards the end of the month with the multiple games/next monthly wage etc.
Old 06-03-2009, 19:14   #81
K-P

Surely we need to sell to people who dont usually watch stanley in order to make any money?

A) Existing ST holders who rebuy = lost revenue
B) Existing fans who would pay on gate but see the bargain = lost revenue
C) New fans who wouldnt have come = New revenue

There has to be enough C to offset (A+B) and then even more C to show profit.

the season tickets are a fantastic offer. 6 quid a game unibond prices is how it should be pushed and I am amazed only 50 sold.... hopefully more will go this saturday.. But will there be enough C sales ?
Old 06-03-2009, 19:25   #82
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

think not all yer "B"s fall in No Increase Revenue K.P, some only pop along 5/6 times a season.
Old 06-03-2009, 19:28   #83
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well ordered n paid fer mine this afternoon, Decided stanley need it more than the rovers, plus i can stand up. perhaps its a case of "Cashys Come Home"
Good to have you back.... Better The F.E.S. than Ewood

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 19:30   #84
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
think not all yer "B"s fall in No Increase Revenue K.P, some only pop along 5/6 times a season.
they probably wont buy a season ticket even at these prices..... But I suppose they are the ones to target as well
Old 06-03-2009, 19:49   #85
God Member

If the club don't get the news of season ticket prices and ram it down the throats of everyone in East Lancashire then it'll be a disaster.
Macclesfield cut their season ticket prices by 30% and saw a 6% rise in gates.
Promotion, promotion, promotion!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 20:28   #86
God Member

Great news even conversions going on, sadly this year is my 1st & last as a season ticket holder - as much as the great price, sadly economic crisis in my purse suggests a cheap 140 smackers is way too much to find before the deadline, i was lucky last year

So its a go when i have any money to pay the gate next season if im still not working sat's

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 20:30   #87
Super Moderator

Quote:
Better The F.E.S. than Ewood
Oi, Valairian, don't you go upsetting him. The lad's just come home after 47 years away!
Old 06-03-2009, 20:50   #88
K-P

The club have had loads of differnt size posters made, dan and david have been going out all week getting them into places... its all systems go
Old 06-03-2009, 21:17   #89
Senior Member+

what I thought was a big negative was the poll in last weeks online Observer. Result was sub 40% thought it was good value for money. OK maybe not everyone in Accy and surrounding areas do the online poll, but sub 40% is not a great start. More publicity required to generate more interest. As Shakermaker states - promotion, promotion and more promotion might even lead to a promotion next season, who knows.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 21:33   #90
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Good to have you back.... Better The F.E.S. than Ewood
Cheers Valairian, wouldn't go that far, but i do hate sitting down at a match.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..