Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2009, 18:39   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Season tickets 09/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
I for one will not be taking Eric's washers for working as a steward next season, I will be returning them for a ST and instead of watching unruly and ruly supporters, I will become one of them again, well done the club for this initiative.
ah but which will ya be outback unruly or ruly? i called in club shop this aft to purchase a wooly hat, lee told me sorry none in but should be in next week i hope so its gonna be a slog K-P, but i can see 2000 providing its promoted well, thats the 64.000 dollar question,lets hope so.
Old 25-02-2009, 18:44   #47
K-P

cashy.. if it was 4 quid to get in you wouldnt get 2000 to watch a team thats not winning..
Old 25-02-2009, 18:45   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
cashy.. if it was 4 quid to get in you wouldnt get 2000 to watch a team thats not winning..
ya never know 30.000 watch sunderland.
Old 25-02-2009, 18:47   #49
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
ya never know 30.000 watch sunderland.
ouch!
Old 25-02-2009, 18:54   #50
Super Moderator

Quote:
its gonna be a slog K-P, but i can see 2000 providing its promoted well, thats the 64.000 dollar question,lets hope so.
Reckon that's going to be an important factor. Heavy promotion in the Observer and Telegraph, plus local radio. And how about a leaflet for distribution, not just in Accy but in surrounding/nearby towns like Ossy, Clitheroe, Whalley etc? Something along the lines of "League football for just over £6 a match? In a safe, friendly atmosphere? Less than half an hour's drive/bus ride away? They said it couldn't be done. We've proved them wrong. Come and join us!"
Old 25-02-2009, 18:56   #51
Senior Member+

It seems ironic that the only person posting anything approaching negative on the thread, is the very same person who accuses others of negativity.
Old 25-02-2009, 19:06   #52
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
It seems ironic that the only person posting anything approaching negative on the thread, is the very same person who accuses others of negativity.
Your far too clever you know
Old 25-02-2009, 19:29   #53
God Member

Quote:
called in club shop this aft to purchase a wooly hat, lee told me sorry none in but should be in next week i hope so

So you have decided to upgrade from the one you normally wear

Wouldn't like to see your brains get cold so if your'e struggling let me know and I'll get you one from the club shop
Old 25-02-2009, 22:06   #54
Senior Member+

Well what a positive and well thought out move by Stanley, times aint gonna get any better any time soon, and getting money in the kitty NOW is a Clever move.

I have not purchased a season ticket for a few years now due too simple maths, If i miss 4/5 games I did not gain anything from a season ticket, and I usually miss a few, but not having a season ticket has had a negative effect on my attendances full stop.

But now I am considering buying me and my family season tickets again. Which will lead to me attending a lot more games and getting addicted again..

I really hope this move pays off. WELL DONE STANLEY and ERIC.....
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 22:10   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
Well what a positive and well thought out move by Stanley, times aint gonna get any better any time soon, and getting money in the kitty NOW is a Clever move.

I have not purchased a season ticket for a few years now due too simple maths, If i miss 4/5 games I did not gain anything from a season ticket, and I usually miss a few, but not having a season ticket has had a negative effect on my attendances full stop.

But now I am considering buying me and my family season tickets again. Which will lead to me attending a lot more games and getting addicted again..

I really hope this move pays off. WELL DONE STANLEY and ERIC.....
never mind stanley, aint seen ya around here fer yonks simon welcome back.
Old 25-02-2009, 22:26   #56
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
i called in club shop this aft to purchase a wooly hat, lee told me sorry none in but should be in next week
Just for Kipax, that's unusual the shop not having what someone wants to buy and I see Lee is still using the same line about some coming next week. I hope Eric uses some of the season ticket money to stock up the shop because if it proves a popular move Lee is going to get quite a few people through the door and the opportunity will be there to sell some stock.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 22:44   #57
Senior Member+

Hello Cashy, Hope you are WELL. Me and mine are all well just very busy and aint got a lot of time for tinternet.... BUT I have bought a new Caravan
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 23:30   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
So you have decided to upgrade from the one you normally wear

Wouldn't like to see your brains get cold so if your'e struggling let me know and I'll get you one from the club shop
no dave me rovers one won't go down too well on the clayton end.
Old 26-02-2009, 08:15   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
no dave me rovers one won't go down too well on the clayton end.
I don't know Cashy, I see all manner of scarves, shirts, hats from various other clubs in the home end e.g. Everton? Liverpool (well I suppose as we have a scouse connection) Man U, Burnley, Rovers so a rover head warmer won't go amiss. As regards the other point, definitely an unruly one (I don't think at my age, I know better and having been a steward at various grounds around the country including Man Utd, Wigan Athletic and got the NVQ3 to go with them, I feel insulted when asked to come to the ground for training and even better come for Fire and First Aid training, Bloody hell I work for the Fire Service, just a joke really).
It will be good to be back wherever in the ground and proudly display my club colours.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 08:53   #60
Resting In Peace

Have you noticed the cut off date for the cheapest tickets - 4th April. A lot of company's financial year end and the tax year end is 5th April. If it's Stanley's financial year end then the income generated from the early season ticket sales will contribute towards this year's turnover. This will allow us to have a bigger wage budget for next season.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..