Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2010, 11:32   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Season Tickets 2010/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
season ticket holders are not a problem at Stanley. We have a 1000 people who come whether or not (mostly) so the only benefit of season tickets to the club is the money up front. We have a problem with the casual fan and that is why walk on prices should be the most attractive they can feasibly be.

We are the smallest club in the Football League

We have the worst facilities in the Football League

our pricing should reflect that and the accompanying marketing should be pushed at telling the whole country (there are away fans) that we have the cheapest walk ons in the entire league and probably the Conference.

Max at £10
Loads of Bradford came because it was cheap!!!! I agree

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-03-2010, 11:51   #17
God Member

also, do we catagorically know yet that the new stand will be built this summer? do we yet know whether it is indeedy all seater or are they still doing the chuckle brothers thing?

Prices for the season will need to include the new stand and I am not convinced anybody knows 100% who will be in the new stand. If away fans are there then they want top dollar off them but you cant charge away fans more than the dearest ticket for the rest of the ground (unless part of a promotion you can do 2 or 3 times a year subject to FL approval).
Old 12-03-2010, 12:30   #18
God Member

Smile Re: Season Tickets 2010/2011

Cannot see the new stand thingy happening just yet, if/when it does, it will have seats to conform with grant approval, so for the time being I would think we have got what we have got!!

If the club can find some other way of finding the cash, then maybe we could put a roof over the Coppice and we could stand there???

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:32   #19
God Member

This getting slightly off the topic of season tickets.
But (and I know there are these daft rules about the amount of seating that have to be met) I think improving the Whinney Hill side with a simple standing terrace (similar to that seen t'other week at Torquay) might be the best first step as here's limited space behind the chicken sheds and it will never be able to accommodate a full blown stand. But, for the next few seasons, Stanley are the kind of club that could and need to attract new fans who are happy to stand. I'm sure Wm Millar is right in that some of them might be getting fed up with the Premiership and all it stands for (money) and might be tempted back to 'roots' football. I'm not sure how many more fans (and that must be the return on investment) will come simply because they can sit down.
As a trainee old fart, with a season ticket for a seating area, it's clear that it's the kids and under 40s that need to be encouraged and that the Clayton End is what gives the Crown its atmosphere. Kids who like football aren't a****d about sitting down for 45 minutes at a stretch, as any teacher will tell you.
If there's decent concrete terracing, seats can always be added later. But additional standing room is what would bring biggest return on investment for big games and local derbies, IMHO.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 15:11   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Loads of Bradford came because it was cheap!!!! I agree
Loads of Bradford fans would probably have come if we were charging £18, some support travels better than others.

£10 for walk on's is not a bad idea but it may encourage people away from the season ticket end of things by thinking well I only get to 10 games a season or whatever.

This is only my ideas of maybe how things could possibly work:

I still think a membership season ticket would work best by charging say £50 up front for Adult & £25 for OAP/Student/Unemployed.

Then a nominal charge everytime you use your Season Ticket membership card for normal games which means matchday revenue really goes up with a bump.

It may be controversial but with that as it is spread the nominal charges could be something like:

Adult=£5 by 23 games =£115 (Total £165) up £15 from last seasons early bird on seating or £25 on standing

Oap/Student/Unemployed=£2=£46 (Total £71) up £21 from last seasons early bird prices

Under 12's Free

I suppose the point is then would folk be willing to pay more overall compered to last Season prices?

But the beauty of this system is payments are better spread for the Club with more revenue on matchdays & better spread for ST Holders in the sense they are not paying for everything up front and maybe more manageable on the pocket.

You also know with increased income for the Club without hopefully frightning people away you are helping with budgets etc.

It may just be radical enough to capture the headlines for the right reasons?

At the end of the day you are the punters would it work for you?

Speaking with my own circumstances in mind it could be the difference between me getting four season tickets or none for next season

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 12-03-2010 at 15:15.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 16:54   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
This getting slightly off the topic of season tickets.
But (and I know there are these daft rules about the amount of seating that have to be met) I think improving the Whinney Hill side with a simple standing terrace (similar to that seen t'other week at Torquay) might be the best first step as here's limited space behind the chicken sheds and it will never be able to accommodate a full blown stand. But, for the next few seasons, Stanley are the kind of club that could and need to attract new fans who are happy to stand. I'm sure Wm Millar is right in that some of them might be getting fed up with the Premiership and all it stands for (money) and might be tempted back to 'roots' football. I'm not sure how many more fans (and that must be the return on investment) will come simply because they can sit down.
As a trainee old fart, with a season ticket for a seating area, it's clear that it's the kids and under 40s that need to be encouraged and that the Clayton End is what gives the Crown its atmosphere. Kids who like football aren't a****d about sitting down for 45 minutes at a stretch, as any teacher will tell you.
If there's decent concrete terracing, seats can always be added later. But additional standing room is what would bring biggest return on investment for big games and local derbies, IMHO.
I personally think old skool matchday experience & standing if marketed correctly to Liverpool/Everton/Rovers & Burnley could increase attendances significantly......

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 17:07   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
But the beauty of this system is payments are better spread for the Club with more revenue on matchdays & better spread for ST Holders in the sense they are not paying for everything up front and maybe more manageable on the pocket.
At Burnley you get the option to pay over 3 months or 10 months as well as the usual one off cash payment.
Old 12-03-2010, 17:07   #23
God Member

Just a few points on this idea Google Page Ranking, you have quoted £165.00 as an increase from last season - which was far too cheap as we all know - what happens if instead of turning up for 23 home games, I only turn up for 20 as I have not paid too much for my season ticket (£50.00), then my spend reduces to £150.00!

Another point is that the current ST turnstile is manned by youngsters and does not involve cash, this would have to change!

By no means am I having a go Google Page Ranking but I just believe that the ST situation is that if they are £1.00 or £1000.00, the same amount will be sold as was proven last year, therefore it is the people that turn up on the day that must be targeted, as Macca to name but one, have been going on about for a while!!!

Scrap ST and get 3000+ at every home game!!!!!!!

Old 12-03-2010, 17:38   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Just a few points on this idea Google Page Ranking, you have quoted £165.00 as an increase from last season - which was far too cheap as we all know - what happens if instead of turning up for 23 home games, I only turn up for 20 as I have not paid too much for my season ticket (£50.00), then my spend reduces to £150.00!

Another point is that the current ST turnstile is manned by youngsters and does not involve cash, this would have to change!

By no means am I having a go Google Page Ranking but I just believe that the ST situation is that if they are £1.00 or £1000.00, the same amount will be sold as was proven last year, therefore it is the people that turn up on the day that must be targeted, as Macca to name but one, have been going on about for a while!!!

Scrap ST and get 3000+ at every home game!!!!!!!
Same problem with people paying on the day Joe in we would have youngsters manning the gate?

I admit there are flaws with the scheme in people may not turn up to all games but you have a cash pot in advance which okay may not equate to a massive amount but that is money for over the Summer which you would not have unless you have ST sales, I would also think that at the prices above would attract more than usual ST Holders who would become members for the reduction on the match day costs alone.

If it was targetted with flyers, newspaper ads, radio ads etc all the normal means to the wider public it may work.

Even at a Tenner I don't think we would get 3000, I think we would be lucky to get near 2000 per game apart from the Clubs with decent following come to town.

It may work in the Clubs favour if their is success on the field but without any payment up front if the Club went on a bad run people may vote with their feet?

Also as a ST Holder your seat is guranteed for all games if you were just paying on a first come first serve how many would that put off by not guaranteeing there same seat they have had for years?

As we have all batted about there is a chance to test the water coming up in the next few weeks with the Tuesday game against Barnet when the away following will be small and something could be tried with "Special Price Promotion" but the clock has been ticking on that one for a while and nothing seems to be happening

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 12-03-2010 at 17:44.
Old 12-03-2010, 17:41   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
At Burnley you get the option to pay over 3 months or 10 months as well as the usual one off cash payment.
Which is a good idea but do the Club get paid that money straight away?

Is there also extra charges in terms of interest on that?

SFFS
Old 12-03-2010, 20:53   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Which is a good idea but do the Club get paid that money straight away?

Is there also extra charges in terms of interest on that?
I believe the club get paid throughout the season as the money gets paid.

There is a charge because it's outsourced to a finance company.

Personally I think season tickets are a must. Then there's room for a membership scheme which could give cheaper match day prices for walk ons. The benefit of that scheme can't just be measured in terms of finance for match day admission, it's an invaluable scheme for direct targetting of various promotions, merchandise etc
Old 12-03-2010, 21:02   #27
God Member

Quote:
I believe the club get paid throughout the season as the money gets paid.

There is a charge because it's outsourced to a finance company.

Personally I think season tickets are a must. Then there's room for a membership scheme which could give cheaper match day prices for walk ons. The benefit of that scheme can't just be measured in terms of finance for match day admission, it's an invaluable scheme for direct targetting of various promotions, merchandise etc
Thanks Dave for answering that

Yes you are right about a membership being used for direct targetting alongside the C3PO computer system the Club were getting it could prove invaluable

SFFS
Old 29-03-2010, 18:33   #28
God Member

Exclamation Re: Season Tickets 2010/2011

We are fast running out of time to have a decent price with a sensible length of time to think about sorting out the payment if we do not get some news soon. Best ever FL finish, best ever FL points haul, soon to be, most wins and most goals scored and still in some peoples eyes, play-offs yet to come! Why bother promoting an early Season Ticket deal

Old 29-03-2010, 18:36   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Why bother promoting an early Season Ticket deal

You've been told once already, it's Cashy's job to be sarcastic. Behave
Old 29-03-2010, 18:38   #30
God Member

Quote:
You've been told once already, it's Cashy's job to be sarcastic. Behave
Oops - sorry, again!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..