Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2010, 19:12   #91
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Season Tickets 2010/2011

I didn't renew my two tickets and won't be in the future while O'Neill and Heys are still at Stanley.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-07-2010, 20:35   #92
Senior Member+

Didnt renew mine and my mate who was going to get one after slowly becoming hooked on stanley decided against it to while oneill and heys remain.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 20:54   #93
Super Moderator

Have renewed mine months ago with no doubts or reservations at all. It's the team and the club I support, not the numpties who're currently running it!
Old 01-07-2010, 21:07   #94
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Have renewed mine months ago with no doubts or reservations at all. It's the team and the club I support, not the numpties who're currently running it!
Same wi me, disagree wi baggy n davo, but understand were there coming from.
Old 01-07-2010, 21:15   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Same wi me, disagree wi baggy n davo, but understand were there coming from.

This where football is like no other business, they have you by the short and curlies.
Old 01-07-2010, 21:21   #96
God Member

We'd all love it if the liars, cheats, scoundrels and charlatans fell on one gre't big proverbial sword in the Crown carpark (or just bogged off, really), but the love of watching the Reds prevails every day of the week. Personally, I can't be arsed with any of the behind-the-scenes nonsense anymore. Until some kind of community project way of running the club can be started up (and I fear this is ages away, if at all in sight), it's all about them eleven men and that balding duo doing what they do best in the name of Accrington Stanley. I haven't the energy to get narked off every other day at O'Neill's lies. Nope, as with others this season, 2010/11 is footy, footy and only footy for me. And I'm glad I've got a season ticket to watch the ridiculousness unfold.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 21:22   #97
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
This where football is like no other business, they have you by the short and curlies.
ya know me better n that.
Old 01-07-2010, 21:28   #98

Quote:
Probably sums it up. Surely we should support our club not criticise and punish it at every opportunity.
huncoatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 21:34   #99
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I haven't the energy to get narked off every other day at O'Neill's lies. Nope, as with others this season, 2010/11 is footy, footy and only footy for me.
Same here, Shakey, lad. Spent too much time fretting over their antics. Just want to turn up, sup me beer, have a bit of craic, stand on the Clayton End, support the lads and get to as many away games as possible. Sod the rest of it!
Old 01-07-2010, 21:38   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Same here, Shakey, lad. Spent too much time fretting over their antics. Just want to turn up, sup me beer, have a bit of craic, stand on the Clayton End, support the lads and get to as many away games as possible. Sod the rest of it!
yep sat afternoon in the oakleigh pre match, n those 2 lying ******* dont exist.
Old 01-07-2010, 22:04   #101
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yep sat afternoon in the oakleigh pre match, n those 2 lying ******* dont exist.
And we (Alfred.E. and yours truly !) WILL try to be there ...Honestly !..(But I bet that the 2 lying ******* will not be excluded from your pre-match analysis for too long!)..

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 22:12   #102
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
And we (Alfred.E. and yours truly !) WILL try to be there ...Honestly !..(But I bet that the 2 lying ******* will not be excluded from your pre-match analysis for too long!)..

Alfred E n yer goodself have me sussed big time.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:01   #103
God Member

Quote:
Spot on with that statement WH!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:39   #104
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Spot on with that statement WH!!
Cheers, Val, but I missed one vital component from that equation...it's the team, the club and, of course, "Mr Miracle Worker" Coley and Jimmy!
Old 02-07-2010, 12:44   #105
Senior Member+

Well, I agonised long and hard before finally making a decision and for the first time in over 25 years, I haven't bought a season ticket for next year.

My relationship with the club had become increasingly frayed over the last few years and the whole 'SOS issue' was the final straw. After walking all the way to Rochdale I was sat in the pub when O'Neil looked me in the eye and assured me that he was 90% certain that we wouldn't be wound up in court. Just 3 days later he went to court with no plan and in the full knowledge that we wouldn't have a club to support after the hearing.

I can't forgive that and I can't allow myself to be party to such a regime.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..