Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2010, 09:48   #1
Senior Member+

Season Tickets 2010/2011

Any news from the club yet???

We are into March and not heard anything ???
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-03-2010, 12:11   #2
God Member

Re: Season Tickets 2010/2011

Thats a good point, most clubs usually announce about now, i know Burnley have publicised their season ticket renewals & prices. Would think the club would need to sort this out so people can renew in time or encourage new holders etc.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:52   #3

finish this season 1st? .. You might not be in this league next season!
lukeogtfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 17:27   #4
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeogtfc View Post
finish this season 1st? .. You might not be in this league next season!
Good point as we are still in the hunt for the playoffs and possible aurtomatic promotion how can a figure be announced,like Iukegtfc said it might be much later until its out of our (stanleys)hands
Old 10-03-2010, 17:47   #5

Should do offer like burnley did i.e if we got promoted cheap ST's for people who order now or somethin...

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 18:32   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyAggro View Post
Should do offer like burnley did i.e if we got promoted cheap ST's for people who order now or somethin...
Agreed

Hey you, don't watch that watch this! This is the heavy heavy monster sound,
The nuttiest sound around. So if you've come in off the street and you're beginning to feel the heat,
Well listen buster, you better start to move your feet to the rockinest, rock-steady beat of STANLEY

SOS 243
Stephen666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 18:38   #7
God Member

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...sue-52049.html

post 13 & 14

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 20:30   #8
God Member

Survey: 25% of Premier League season ticket holders may quit their club | Football | guardian.co.uk

A trend that will continue I fear, but maybe there is scope for the Club putting a package together to appeal not only to exsisting ST Holders but ones who may not be able to afford PL prices but may still want a fix of live footy.

Would love to see us at the forefront with this something that would really catch the imagination and carry it's own headlines which in turn does the marketing for them

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 21:27   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Survey: 25% of Premier League season ticket holders may quit their club | Football | guardian.co.uk

A trend that will continue I fear, but maybe there is scope for the Club putting a package together to appeal not only to exsisting ST Holders but ones who may not be able to afford PL prices but may still want a fix of live footy.

Would love to see us at the forefront with this something that would really catch the imagination and carry it's own headlines which in turn does the marketing for them
Agree wholeheartedly Google Page Ranking - maybe now is the time to reel in some of those disgruntled Burnley and Rovers fans, but we must be realistic on pricing.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 21:58   #10
Senior Member+

How about offering the same special price season ticket to existing stanley holders and holders of a valid 09/10 ST from any other club. That might attract a few.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:13   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post

Not sure how good those figures are based on a survey of about 40 people per club

I would expect a considerable drop at Burnley. 7,000 plus people had free season tickets last season, wonder how may of those would have bought if they hadn't. To make matters worse next seasons prices have been increased, must be one of the few clubs to do that, add that to the likelihood of being relegated and I reckon it's a big own goal. I won't be renewing but purely because I can only get to a handful of games per season.

Having said all that I'm not convinced that many would go and buy a season ticket for Stanley. You may get more going to occasional matches but I still think many of those not renewing at the Turf will use what money they have to attend matches of their first club.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:58   #12
God Member

season ticket holders are not a problem at Stanley. We have a 1000 people who come whether or not (mostly) so the only benefit of season tickets to the club is the money up front. We have a problem with the casual fan and that is why walk on prices should be the most attractive they can feasibly be.

We are the smallest club in the Football League

We have the worst facilities in the Football League

our pricing should reflect that and the accompanying marketing should be pushed at telling the whole country (there are away fans) that we have the cheapest walk ons in the entire league and probably the Conference.

Max at £10
Old 12-03-2010, 11:27   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
season ticket holders are not a problem at Stanley. We have a 1000 people who come whether or not (mostly) so the only benefit of season tickets to the club is the money up front. We have a problem with the casual fan and that is why walk on prices should be the most attractive they can feasibly be.

We are the smallest club in the Football League

We have the worst facilities in the Football League

our pricing should reflect that and the accompanying marketing should be pushed at telling the whole country (there are away fans) that we have the cheapest walk ons in the entire league and probably the Conference.

Max at £10

Right on the button, Your Maccaness. The £3 that is saved could then go on buying a programme or pie. Whichever is the tastier.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:31   #14
Senior Member+

And we are one of a few to still have a terrace.... I would like to see some Anti-Modern Football literature/Anti Prawn Sandwiches/Football Romantic/Bovril/Old Skool slant on our marketing............

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:32   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Right on the button, Your Maccaness. The £3 that is saved could then go on buying a programme or pie. Whichever is the tastier.
Think the programme would taste better than the burgers!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..