Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2007, 17:53   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Stanley Under Investigation

It's not all doom & gloom yet. Stanley haven't been relegated, although a points deduction won't help things. There's still plent of points available.

It's not over until the fat lady sings (she's about to start her warm up, but it's over just yet).

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-03-2007, 17:57   #47
God Member

Well with all this doom and gloom about, why not come and join us on Sunday night at the Sports Bar for our social evening, its bound to help cheer us all up!........ok plug over.....sorry!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 17:59   #48
Senior Member+

This is not good news, though for Macca and the others who mentioned it, it cannot be Mauro, because the club announced that they had received international clearance for him. I to am curious who the second player is though. Talk about 'Sword of Damacles' hanging over the players heads prior to playing Swindon. Not good at all.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 18:00   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
The thing I can't understand, if it was Chris McGrail and it's true that he wasn't elegible to play league games, how come he'd been on the bench at Preston a couple of times before he came to us on loan?? Doesn't make any sense.
Exactly! Why did he come to Stanley (presumably on loan) if he wasn't able to play league football.
3rd.Div.North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 18:10   #50
Senior Member+

If the history of Accrington Stanley were a work of fiction people would dismiss it as too far fetched.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 18:13   #51
Super Moderator

So, if the club aren't going to make any further comment and the hearing isn't until "early next month", does this mean we're going to have to live through the next few weeks in a state of agonising suspense? I really don't think my nerves can take it.
Old 08-03-2007, 18:20   #52
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd.Div.North View Post
Exactly! Why did he come to Stanley (presumably on loan) if he wasn't able to play league football.
It was reported on Radio Lancashire that a work experience player could play for another team on loan if that club received written permission from the loaning club stating he could play. Surely, it can't be that we signed him on loan, but didn't ask for written permission that he could play for our first team
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 18:23   #53
God Member

Just found this on BBC

"The 17 year-old has joined the League Two side on a ‘work experience’ loan deal as he is yet to sign professional forms with the Championship promotion chasers.

McGrail has appeared on the North End bench this season on two occasions and will be available to make his professional league debut in Accrington’s re-arranged home clash with Mansfield on Tuesday night."

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 18:38   #54
God Member

OMG can this season get anymore frustrating???????????

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 18:40   #55
God Member

Think positive everyone, be great atmosphere when we play the game that keeps us up

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 19:05   #56
Senior Member+

OK, I'm ready now....

Is anyone really surprised by what's happened? I was really angry when I first heard about this, but now I feel like it's what I've come to expect.

I said months ago that Stanley is a Football League team, but a Conference North (or lower) club. The way things are run are nothing short of shambolic!! Minimal, inexperienced staff can't be expected to run a professional business, but it's what's been happening for some time now.

When we played Kidderminster at the end of last season I was talking to their ex-secretary. He said that administration in the League was a nightmare and that the paperwork and regulations were 5 times the amount of that in the Conference. He said he had two filing cabinets: one for club stuff and one for League stuff. There was so much of it. He said dealing with the admin side of the League was a full-time job, so what do Stanley do? The club passes the duties of the club secretary around a handful of employees, with a young girl with minimal experience and knowledge being given club secretarial duties (alongside her other work).

Stanley have stumbled blindly along and have now been caught out. In light of the way that other clubs have been punished for breaking similar rules, Stanley should be punished in a similar fashion.

Let's face it, we're not a League club! A League club is a professional business, not an amateur make-do outfit. I feel for the fans. I feel for the players. I feel for the innocents affected by all this. I feel embarrassed, ashamed and let down!!! However, one thing I don't feel is surprised.
Tinpot all the way!
Old 08-03-2007, 19:13   #57
Resting in Peace

Depressed, betrayed, humiliated - just a few of the emotions I'm feeling tonight.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 19:27   #58

We're not even in the relegation zone yet. Last time I checked the time to worry was when we are sitting in 23rd or 24th place. I can't see Stanley going down.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 19:29   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
We're not even in the relegation zone yet. Last time I checked the time to worry was when we are sitting in 23rd or 24th place. I can't see Stanley going down.
If we go down for footballing reasons, such as we're not good enough, then fair enough. If we went down because as a club we couldn't afford to sustain league football, then fair enough. Being relegated is nothing to do with this matter at all, as far as I'm concerned.
Old 08-03-2007, 20:02   #60

cant really disagree with the sentiments on this thread, but surely given the number of times this happens afc wimbledon westham etc istnt it time for the fa and the league to issue some sort of confirmation to clubs when players move?
glosterred is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..