Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 09:35   #76
God Member

Re: Stanley Under Investigation

Could it be something to do with Stuart Fleetwood's loan - did anyone check his passport before he came over the border from Wales? Don't mean to sound flip, I'm as worried and angry as anyone but as we're not gonna get to know anything till early April all this guesswork won't get us anywhere. It's the lads I feel sorry for, they're gonna be out there battling for every point they can get and could still have some taken off them for something that ain't their fault which is putting even more pressure on them. All we can do is get behind the lads on the pitch - and pray!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-03-2007, 10:00   #77

How many games did Shaun Whalley play in Dec before he 'signed' in Jan
Jukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:16   #78
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Could it be something to do with Stuart Fleetwood's loan - did anyone check his passport before he came over the border from Wales?
You may be onto something there, but not Stuart Fleetwood. Joe Jacobson is registered with Cardiff City who are members of the Football Association of Wales, maybe Stanley needed International Clearance for him to play for an English team. I am sure we had to wait for Gary Roberts to get International Clearance when we signed him from Welshpool who are also members of the Football Association of Wales.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:22   #79
God Member

You're right Jeff, we did have to wait for clearance on Gary. I remember how funny it sounded at the time - if it turns out to be that it won't be so funny!
Old 09-03-2007, 10:31   #80
God Member

Says in todays Telegraph
"charged with fielding 2 ineligible players in 3 recent games"
McGrail played in 2 for us so that means the other player only played 1 game ( or 3 if he played in same ones as McGrail)
My guess is going on - David Martin, any more?

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:32   #81
Resting In Peace

Incidentally Joe played in the 2-0 defeat at Grimsby, the 2-0 defeat at Doncaster, the 3-3 draw with Shrewsbury, the 4-3 defeat by MK Dons, the 3-3 draw at Macclesfield, the 4-0 defeat at Bristol Rovers and the 1-1 draw with Bury. We picked up three points in the games that he played for us. Chris McGrail played in the 3-2 win against Mansfield and the 1-1 draw at Wycombe that's four points gained. If it is Joe Jacobson and Chris McGrail then we could be looking at losing seven points
Old 09-03-2007, 10:41   #82
God Member

I think we can rule Jacobson out can't we?, says on fishy site 3 games - he played in 7

www.ubuntu.com

Old 09-03-2007, 10:43   #83

Hi folks,

just registered to commiserate. As a Don's fan, I know what it's like to go through this situation. I hope you get treated more fairly than we did. Good luck for the rest of the season.
Mitcham Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:45   #84
God Member

If it's David Martin, surely they can't count that - the lad never even touched the ball before he was injured so we didn't gain any advantage from him taking to the field. I wish the club would tell us who the other player is so we would know what we might be up against, all this is so frustrating!
Old 09-03-2007, 10:49   #85
Resting In Peace

If it is David Martin then we could be looking at five points.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:54   #86
God Member

Ashley Foyle, how many did he play for us, was it 1 or 2?

www.ubuntu.com

Old 09-03-2007, 11:06   #87
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Could it be something to do with Stuart Fleetwood's loan
According to the Bull's messageboard he was a deliberate "plant" to knacker us!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:19   #88
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Incidentally Joe played in the 2-0 defeat at Grimsby, the 2-0 defeat at Doncaster, the 3-3 draw with Shrewsbury, the 4-3 defeat by MK Dons, the 3-3 draw at Macclesfield, the 4-0 defeat at Bristol Rovers and the 1-1 draw with Bury. We picked up three points in the games that he played for us. Chris McGrail played in the 3-2 win against Mansfield and the 1-1 draw at Wycombe that's four points gained. If it is Joe Jacobson and Chris McGrail then we could be looking at losing seven points
He played at Wrexham too. So thats 10 points
Old 09-03-2007, 11:22   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
According to the Bull's messageboard he was a deliberate "plant" to knacker us!
Wouldn't surprise me - I bet they're loving it!!
Old 09-03-2007, 11:27   #90
Full Member+

What's with all the panic and acaremongering? !0points! 15points! 18points! etc. etc.
It clearly states on the fishy site that the charges relate to just 3 games. We know that two of those involve McGrail and could possibly cost us 4 points. THe third could, at worst, cost us an extra 3, and, at best, none. We all know that the fishy site is renowned for keeping us all informed with the true facts, so I reckon that makes it maximum 7 and could be less.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..