Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 13:26   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Stanley Under Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
So what is the gist of what they are saying on there as we cant view ??
They all seem to be sympathetic apart from one idiot who was going on about the Alty incident,but Kipax put him in his place
Old 09-03-2007, 13:29   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
OK, I'm ready now....

Is anyone really surprised by what's happened? I was really angry when I first heard about this, but now I feel like it's what I've come to expect.

I said months ago that Stanley is a Football League team, but a Conference North (or lower) club. The way things are run are nothing short of shambolic!! Minimal, inexperienced staff can't be expected to run a professional business, but it's what's been happening for some time now.

When we played Kidderminster at the end of last season I was talking to their ex-secretary. He said that administration in the League was a nightmare and that the paperwork and regulations were 5 times the amount of that in the Conference. He said he had two filing cabinets: one for club stuff and one for League stuff. There was so much of it. He said dealing with the admin side of the League was a full-time job, so what do Stanley do? The club passes the duties of the club secretary around a handful of employees, with a young girl with minimal experience and knowledge being given club secretarial duties (alongside her other work).

Stanley have stumbled blindly along and have now been caught out. In light of the way that other clubs have been punished for breaking similar rules, Stanley should be punished in a similar fashion.

Let's face it, we're not a League club! A League club is a professional business, not an amateur make-do outfit. I feel for the fans. I feel for the players. I feel for the innocents affected by all this. I feel embarrassed, ashamed and let down!!! However, one thing I don't feel is surprised.
Tinpot all the way!

A very honest but sadly a correct statement of the clubs management structure...

On the Cheap... Eric and you may have been found out.
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 13:32   #108
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead View Post
They all seem to be sympathetic apart from one idiot who was going on about the Alty incident,but Kipax put him in his place
LOL go kipax lol so thats where he's hiding these days
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 14:17   #109
Junior Member+

how must the players feel to have caused this ???
mr bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 14:18   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bean View Post
Pretty smug if they came from Hereford.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 15:16   #111
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bean View Post
The players haven't caused this, it's the bad administration of our amateur backroom staff.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 15:48   #112

feel sorry for you guys. being a shaker i obviously know a little about how this feels as it happened to us in the cup, and as much as it would make us feel a little bit safer it's no way for a team to go down should that happen.

At the end of the day we're both similar sized clubs and could do with the revenue from the derby games rather than getting nowt for tuesday night rearranged games against the likes of Torquay and Boston.

just hope this doesn't cost you more than the points.
BuryDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 15:54   #113
Senior Member+

Can't understand why the club haven't declared the other game involved, at least we'd know the scale of any deduction. 4,5 or 7?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 15:59   #114
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Can't understand why the club haven't declared the other game involved, at least we'd know the scale of any deduction. 4,5 or 7?
"The Club" haven't mentioned anyone or any game, they have come from other sources, they only told us the usual amount - nothing really

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 16:13   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuryDave View Post
feel sorry for you guys. being a shaker i obviously know a little about how this feels as it happened to us in the cup, and as much as it would make us feel a little bit safer it's no way for a team to go down should that happen.

At the end of the day we're both similar sized clubs and could do with the revenue from the derby games rather than getting nowt for tuesday night rearranged games against the likes of Torquay and Boston.

just hope this doesn't cost you more than the points.
Dave my mate is that you??
nadsw2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 17:06   #116
Junior Member+

this is just the icing on the cake for a bad season
mr bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 21:00   #117
Senior Member+

According to the LET Preston edition:

"Preston have confirmed they sent him to Stanley on loan so the talented youngster could experience first team football.

A spokesman for North End said today: "We can confirm that from January 15 scholar Chris McGrail was given permission to attend Accrington Stanley Football Club on work experience in accordance with FA Rule C3 (b) (v).""

Presumably they mean (a) (v) and that by "in accordance" they mean that the written permission was copied to the relevant people at the appropriate time.

I recall that at the time Preston's website signified their approbation of the move.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 21:13   #118
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Presumably they mean (a) (v) and that by "in accordance" they mean that the written permission was copied to the relevant people at the appropriate time.

I recall that at the time Preston's website signified their approbation of the move.
Hope this isn't a "Whoosh" at Livingstone Rd.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 21:16   #119
God Member

I hope it is! is it april fools yet?
Old 10-03-2007, 01:06   #120
Senior Member+

3. (a) Trainees

(v) A registered Trainee may play for another Club subject to the written approval of the Club for which the Trainee is registered. A copy of the written permission must be received by The Association, the league or combination of which the Club is a member, the Trainee and the Club for which the Trainee is to play. A Club may not play more than two such Trainees in any match at first team level. (source www.thefa.com)

For those who aren't in the know, there is no rule C3 (b) (v) but the above is Rule C3 (a) (v).
However, if PNE are referring to the scholarship section, then the above section (v) still applies except change the words registered trainee for any player who is registered for a scholarship. Further bits where it refers to a trainee is changed to player. Any more thoughts?

Perhaps the FA are saying they never got the relevant paperwork from PNE

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..