Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2007, 02:51   #121
God Member

Re: Stanley Under Investigation

Can anyone recall the FA/League laying similar or other serious charges against a club THEN withdrawing them?
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-03-2007, 08:20   #122

This seems to be a bit like the Bury case when Bury got permission off the club to play him in the FA cup, but didn't send the permission to the FA.

I've no doubt the club will be found guilty of some technicality otherwise they would'nt have charged us.

Hoping for the best, a fine, reprimand but fearing the loss of points!
philip@pcarter3.oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:34   #123

Hope you get out of this one guys,league status should be decided on the pitch & not because of an administrative error.
Best of luck.
bullmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:45   #124
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
3. (a) Trainees

(v) A registered Trainee may play for another Club subject to the written approval of the Club for which the Trainee is registered. A copy of the written permission must be received by The Association, the league or combination of which the Club is a member, the Trainee and the Club for which the Trainee is to play. A Club may not play more than two such Trainees in any match at first team level. (source www.thefa.com)

For those who aren't in the know, there is no rule C3 (b) (v) but the above is Rule C3 (a) (v).
However, if PNE are referring to the scholarship section, then the above section (v) still applies except change the words registered trainee for any player who is registered for a scholarship. Further bits where it refers to a trainee is changed to player. Any more thoughts?

Perhaps the FA are saying they never got the relevant paperwork from PNE
"A copy of the written permission ..." presumably means that it was Stanley's responsibility to forward the written permission to the FA, not PNE's ... as in the Bury case.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:21   #125
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
"A copy of the written permission ..." presumably means that it was Stanley's responsibility to forward the written permission to the FA, not PNE's ... as in the Bury case.
It says that a copy of the permission must be received by the FA the Football League the player and Stanley ie passive tense. That suggests that it was Preston's responsibility to procure that it was.

However I also read this to mean that both Preston and Stanley had to ensure that the rule had been complied with before either Preston or Stanley could take advantage of this derogation to the general principle against trainees playing for third party clubs.

If such be the case its a shame that the fourth highest scorers in the league have that status threatened amongst other things because we borrowed someone else's trainee striker. I had thought it was the defence that was the problem!

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!

Last edited by Haggis316; 10-03-2007 at 11:24.
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:26   #126
God Member

fa.com suspensions list http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplin...dedPlayers.htm
has Andrew Proctor still listed to serve 3 games for his sending off against Darlington in August he missed the Barnet home game, the Stockport away game then the Forest game in the cup. He was then an unused sub against Rochdale at home which we drew 1-1. Do Carling Cup games count? If not then we would lose the point gained in this match.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:30   #127
God Member

Can't fathom why the club won't tell us who the second player is, unless......
Old 11-03-2007, 02:34   #128
God Member

right, it really annoys me that they aren't saying anything..... I am assuming now that we are goosed and going down regardless because the team are playing kack and we are going to lose some points.

If they told us what we are facing then at least we could all start doing the maths and working out how we claw back a ten point deficit or whatever. The only thing I can think of is that it is a massive amount of points and if they publicise that then the crowds wont come because they know we are doomed.

Absolute crap, let us know and then we can stare adversity in the face and sing em home anyway! If they know, and they must, then they should tell us. They tell the fans absolutely nowt here and it stinks.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:39   #129
God Member

What you say makes sense 'O leader of the faithful'.
I kinda think Rob Heys may be abit relieved that we lost as it deflects the heat away from him a little.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:29   #130
Senior Member+

Since we are being kept in the dark about the further allegations we can only fear a near terminal points deduction.

Why else would Coley say Torquay is a must not lose game?

If our stint in the League is all but over already lets be knowing it - otherwise an already terrible situation is just being compounded. The club may be storing up more trouble with the supporters when they find out things as to the extent of the problem they might have been told earlier.

Certainly the uncertainty as to the exact nature and extent of the club's exposure is doing no one any good. A lot of people care deeply about this club - it is woven into the fabric of their lives.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:51   #131
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

One thing for certain is when the facts are known we won't be finding out the truth from the fishy site first.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:05   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
right, it really annoys me that they aren't saying anything..... I am assuming now that we are goosed and going down regardless because the team are playing kack and we are going to lose some points.

If they told us what we are facing then at least we could all start doing the maths and working out how we claw back a ten point deficit or whatever. The only thing I can think of is that it is a massive amount of points and if they publicise that then the crowds wont come because they know we are doomed.

Absolute crap, let us know and then we can stare adversity in the face and sing em home anyway! If they know, and they must, then they should tell us. They tell the fans absolutely nowt here and it stinks.
Macca, invite someone from the club to come to the osc 'do' Sunday night, then you could jump him and threaten to beat him to a pulmp until they tell you.
You could plead 'provocation' it's certainly doing your scope in!
philip@pcarter3.oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:44   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Can we not blame Preston for releasing him to us, surely a team of their stature should have known

Hahaha!! This is the best news i've heard for years!! Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch! Suddenly the team who owned the player are to blame..?!? Thats a dramatic change from this time last season.....!!! Enjoy your last few months in the league, it'll be another 45yrs till your back there you tinpot jokers
timpalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 13:04   #134

You sound like a fool. Don't be 2 sure about anything yet. I have supported Stanley for 16 yrs and been through a lot of different ups and downs. Whatever happens I will b a Stanley fan till I die.
Red Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 14:26   #135

If you look at the smiley timpalty you will see this was a sarcastic comment.
It was a swipe at the pathetic excuses by the idiots last year.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..