Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-01-2009, 09:50   #121
Give, give, give member

Re: Living off the fat of the land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
No it wasn't, its a separate organisation Xes being paid by the local government association not HBC
Did he tell you that yesterday as well, or is he sat on your knee as you type?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-01-2009, 09:51   #122
Senior Member+

Can you point to any benefits that have come Hyndburn's way from previous trips to London.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 10:07   #123
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Quite a sweeping statement for your first post, One trip at the behest of the Prime Minister hardly seems extravagant at a cost of £90 for the benefit of the Borough
He was accompanied by his Chief Executive, according to the press, and one would presume they would also quite rightly be eligible to transportation expenses to London, so the cost to Hyndburn for being at the launch of Pennine Lancashire would be a lot more than £90.

As stated earlier, I've been to many afternoon meeting or matinee theatre trips to London, and returned home the same day.

I wonder what time the launch took place, and what benefits we can actually expect by having two representatives from the borough at this launch?

I hope the nibbles in Downing Street were worth it.

Old 31-01-2009, 10:10   #124
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
He was accompanied by his Chief Executive, according to the press, and one would presume they would also quite rightly be eligible to transportation expenses to London, so the cost to Hyndburn for being at the launch of Pennine Lancashire would be a lot more than £90.

As stated earlier, I've been to many afternoon meeting or matinee theatre trips to London, and returned home the same day.

I wonder what time the launch took place, and what benefits we can actually expect by having two representatives from the borough at this launch?

I hope the nibbles in Downing Street were worth it.
Again your mouth wash ain't making it Rindi
Old 31-01-2009, 10:15   #125
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Again your mouth wash ain't making it Rindi
I'm sorry I don't understand that comment any better today, than when you posted the same thing yesterday.

I prefer plain speaking.

A spade's a spade in my book, and I don't find it necessary to speak in riddles.

Old 31-01-2009, 10:44   #126
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I'm sorry I don't understand that comment any better today, than when you posted the same thing yesterday.

I prefer plain speaking.

A spade's a spade in my book, and I don't find it necessary to speak in riddles.
Your talking b******S that plain enough for ya
Old 31-01-2009, 10:51   #127
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Your talking b******S that plain enough for ya
Oh I see now.

You don't agree with what I've posted, but can't come up with a counter argument in defence, so descend to insults.

Old 31-01-2009, 12:11   #128
Resting in Peace

See you have got your letter on your views on this issue printed in the Observer Garinda !

Well done for that ... even though I don't agree ...

Sorry you didn't win the free meal at the Calder; this went to someone praising the cleanliness of the men's toilets in the Arndale ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 12:54   #129
Senior Member+

Surely the whole point of this thread is to question whether or not the Ratepayers of Hyndburn and getting value for money. Katex its all of us ratepayers who are paying for these trips.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 13:30   #130
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Owen View Post
Surely the whole point of this thread is to question whether or not the Ratepayers of Hyndburn and getting value for money. Katex its all of us ratepayers who are paying for these trips.
Absolutely Robert ... no argument there at all. Just as an experienced traveller to London on many occasions, could see the need to increase this allowance, for reasons I have already stated ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 13:31   #131
God Member

Do the council publish individual councillors expenses per chance? If so, where?
Old 31-01-2009, 13:59   #132
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Do the council publish individual councillors expenses per chance? If so, where?
They are published ever year in the Observer Andrew and the Telegraph
Old 31-01-2009, 14:06   #133
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oh I see now.

You don't agree with what I've posted, but can't come up with a counter argument in defence, so descend to insults.

Don't matter what I say, the bottom line is you detest PB, or anything he does, you really should throw your hat in the ring with Jones get a seat on the Council then you can at least do something constructive, mind you getting a seat on the council at the moment might be just a little hard, unless that is you tern to a shade of blue. And my last post wasn't an insult, if it was meant to be an insult I wouldn't have used smileys
Old 31-01-2009, 16:10   #134
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Don't matter what I say, the bottom line is you detest PB, or anything he does, you really should throw your hat in the ring with Jones get a seat on the Council then you can at least do something constructive, mind you getting a seat on the council at the moment might be just a little hard, unless that is you tern to a shade of blue. And my last post wasn't an insult, if it was meant to be an insult I wouldn't have used smileys
Is selective/blinkered reading common to all Conservatives, or just yourself and Andrewb?

I don't detest anyone, and certainly not because of someone's political views.

If you'd care to re-read post 80 of this thread, you'd might see that I'd said some very positive, and nice things about Peter Britcliffe. Just as I have in the past when I think he's come up with something worthwhile. For example the Floral Market Town/ flower towers, how well the park looked for the summer concert, etc.

It does become very tiresome when the Conservative party faithful take every criticism as a personal attack. The whole forum knows that the Tory clique on Accy Web would be filled with glee if the criticism had been aimed at someone of another political party. The fact is I'd criticise anyone who had voted for these increases at the present time.

You even dig your own grave even deeper because of your close frienship with Cllr. Britcliffe, because you've made public exactly how much he did spend on his meal in London, £12.30, which is a hell of a lot less than the £25.00 he voted to award themselves, and a percentage increase much more in line with current inflation would mean no one would be out of pocket, and there would have been no story, and therefore no public outcry.

So before you become anymore hysterical I'll say again, I have nothing against Cllr. Britcliffe (see #80 for glowing testimonial), but I will continue to post about something I see as wrong, irrespective of the political allegiance of the person concerned.

Yesterday on this very forum I called some members of this government 'cretins', I notice you haven't accused me of 'despising' the Labour party for doing so.

Odd that.

Well perhaps not too odd, considering you only see what you want to see, and not all the facts that are laid before you.

Perhaps being a member of any one political party makes everything seem as if it's viewed through blinkers.

Happily I'm free from both one party allegiance...and blinkered vision.

Old 31-01-2009, 16:17   #135
Give, give, give member

One last thing to prove this criticism isn't personal.

If I had a problem and needed Peter's help, he'd go out of his way to help me, just as I know he's done for others, and that is one of the reasons why he's been a councillor so long in Ossy.

Clear enough an endorsement for you?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..