Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2009, 16:01   #76
Super Moderator

Re: Well I'm boycotting Asda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
Are you some kind of psycic.
No, she's not, she's someone who works tirelessly to support British troops. In other words, she puts her money where her mouth is, instead of just mouthing off like you.
Old 22-11-2009, 16:17   #77
God Member

Re: Well I'm boycotting Asda! *Merged*

Psycic.................was`nt there once one of those in Phoenix Nights????
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2009, 17:38   #78
God Member

Quote:
What are you exactly saying ? Are you saying because Asda filled 5 big bags of goodies for soldiers that it is ok for one of its check out staff members to discriminate against a person supporting British soldiers and its all hot air blown up with the press

Are you some kind of psycic.Its only bullcrap to people like you who dont like hearing the
truth. Go and tell this woman and her family that incurred this incident that it did not happen and its all bullcrap because you dont accept anti British feeling from Muslims.
You will be saying next that Accrington and Blackburn are not flooded with immigrants its all bull crap and there would be punch ups if this was the case.

Gordie Perhaps if you took your head from up your backside something decent may come from your mouth, instead of all the crap you have just reeled off.

Go back and read my post again would you. Where did I say it was ok for staff to treat customers that way?
I did say that our local store have supported the troops alongside many other stores in my area. and I also know there are many many people from the Hyndburn area that support them too.

ALL stores etc have managers who decide what and what does not go in thier store. If this story is true then its down to that particular manager . NOT ASDA as a company. whom Im sure are/have done thier own investigations.
Its people like you that I was referring to that probably take everything they read in a daily as solid.

Ive never heard anyone speak as much crap in my life as what you have just come out with you stupid man!!

I have been stood for the llast 8 hrs packing parcels to send out to our lads while also preparing myself for my own lad to go out there in a few weeks and have to fight for muppets like you who really dont have a clue and put the mouth in gear before realising they have a brain!!
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2009, 18:08   #79

Quote:
What are you exactly saying ? Are you saying because Asda filled 5 big bags of goodies for soldiers that it is ok for one of its check out staff members to discriminate against a person supporting British soldiers and its all hot air blown up with the press
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Out of all the people on here you could have a go at about this, u choose Cherokee!!

If you bothered to look a little bit into the post, and not just fire off for the sake of it, you might just realise she is as likely to give sympathy to the alleged check out staff as a blackburn fan would to a burnley supporter.

Her signature kinda gives it away as well. Unlucky, you lost the argument before it even started.
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 20:50   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post

Are you some kind of psycic.Its only bullcrap to people like you who dont like hearing the
truth. Go and tell this woman and her family that incurred this incident that it did not happen and its all bullcrap because you dont accept anti British feeling from Muslims.
You will be saying next that Accrington and Blackburn are not flooded with immigrants its all bull crap and there would be punch ups if this was the case.

Gordie Perhaps if you took your head from up your backside something decent may come from your mouth, instead of all the crap you have just reeled off.

Go back and read my post again would you. Where did I say it was ok for staff to treat customers that way?
I did say that our local store have supported the troops alongside many other stores in my area. and I also know there are many many people from the Hyndburn area that support them too.

ALL stores etc have managers who decide what and what does not go in thier store. If this story is true then its down to that particular manager . NOT ASDA as a company. whom Im sure are/have done thier own investigations.
Its people like you that I was referring to that probably take everything they read in a daily as solid.

Ive never heard anyone speak as much crap in my life as what you have just come out with you stupid man!!

I have been stood for the llast 8 hrs packing parcels to send out to our lads while also preparing myself for my own lad to go out there in a few weeks and have to fight for muppets like you who really dont have a clue and put the mouth in gear before realising they have a brain!!
Hang on a minute,there has been a misunderstanding here my quote was not ment to be in reply to any of your comments but to somebody elses quote
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 20:54   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Out of all the people on here you could have a go at about this, u choose Cherokee!!

If you bothered to look a little bit into the post, and not just fire off for the sake of it, you might just realise she is as likely to give sympathy to the alleged check out staff as a blackburn fan would to a burnley supporter.

Her signature kinda gives it away as well. Unlucky, you lost the argument before it even started.
Is it not obvious that my quote was not ment to be to Cherokee it was ment to be in reply to a earlier quote from Mancie

Last edited by Gordie; 25-11-2009 at 21:03.
Old 27-11-2009, 04:56   #82
God Member

Get real.. it did not happen.. but this did..an English lad "dissing" a war memorial...you can bet your life if this had been an Indian or any non white there would have been punch up's.. but nowt said.
maybe it is time to start looking at our own rather than make up stories.
BBC NEWS | UK | England | South Yorkshire | Jail threat for urinating student

Last edited by Mancie; 27-11-2009 at 05:02.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 09:30   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan7554 View Post
yes sorry about that one,i could never spell the word and its no use looking it up in a dictionary if i dont know where to start,but joking aside,ASDA are one of the most racist companies in the world,there parent company WALMART in the USA are very anti british,and when i worked for the ACCRINGTON store back in 1999,i was told of for wearing a Union jack wrist sweatband as it might upset the asian workers on the night shift.
I don't think anybody except Mancie would be surprised at hearing that you had been told off for wearing a union jack wrist band as it might upset your ethnic co-workers.The store was probably afraid of a possible
compensation claim from there ethnic employees.
Old 28-11-2009, 09:41   #84
Super Moderator

Quote:
I don't think anybody except Mancie would be surprised at hearing that you had been told off for wearing a union jack wrist band as it might upset your ethnic co-workers.The store was probably afraid of a possible
compensation claim from there ethnic employees.
...but would there actually have been any complaints or claims from muslim workers? It seems to me that it's companies and organisations being over-sensitive about this and in 99.9% of cases (obviously there's always one) muslims just aren't that bothered.

I've worked with muslims for years...sat in front of 'em eating pork growlers during ramadan, sworn like a trooper, worn England shirts, looked at Playboy...in other words behaved as I normally do and I've never heard one complaint.
Old 28-11-2009, 09:46   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
...but would there actually have been any complaints or claims from muslim workers? It seems to me that it's companies and organisations being over-sensitive about this and in 99.9% of cases (obviously there's always one) muslims just aren't that bothered.

I've worked with muslims for years...sat in front of 'em eating pork growlers during ramadan, sworn like a trooper, worn England shirts, looked at Playboy...in other words behaved as I normally do and I've never heard one complaint.
i too worked at a firm fer 20 odd yrs with mainly muslim workers, i am not known fer diplomacy, yet never once was any complaint about me gib, i fact was invited to weddings, eid parties etc etc a few times, sure theres bad in every race, but always in the minority..........ehh Gordie?
Old 28-11-2009, 09:51   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Get real.. it did not happen.. but this did..an English lad "dissing" a war memorial...you can bet your life if this had been an Indian or any non white there would have been punch up's.. but nowt said.
maybe it is time to start looking at our own rather than make up stories.
BBC NEWS | UK | England | South Yorkshire | Jail threat for urinating student
Are you anti English ? or just anti white.
Your quotes on this thread have been all about, it did not happen,it's a load of crap, there would have been punch ups if this was true.
Why would this incident be more correct than this thread.Both have been reported in newspapers as correct.
Old 28-11-2009, 09:55   #87
God Member

I have Asian friends and not one of them is upset by people being English or by people celebrating English or Christian traditions.

The majority of people are quite happy in their own bubble and very little offends anyone. I think people are far too sensitive about what they can or can't do these days. That goes for companies too - they're not racist, just sensitive about what people will say or do that they impose stricter rules and guidelines and it comes across as racist or anti-white, etc.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 10:06   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post

You probably have hit the nail on the head.I agree with you, but maybe a little less than 99.9%
Old 28-11-2009, 10:12   #89
Super Moderator

Quote:
You probably have hit the nail on the head.I agree with you, but maybe a little less than 99.9%
Reckon it's very much in the minority anyway, and that's why incidents like this alleged one at Asda attract so much publicity. As Cashy says, there's bad in every race and the white British section of the population certainly has its fair share of whingers and compo-chasers!
Old 28-11-2009, 11:33   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I have Asian friends and not one of them is upset by people being English or by people celebrating English or Christian traditions.

The majority of people are quite happy in their own bubble and very little offends anyone. I think people are far too sensitive about what they can or can't do these days. That goes for companies too - they're not racist, just sensitive about what people will say or do that they impose stricter rules and guidelines and it comes across as racist or anti-white, etc.
I agree with you Gayle.
I have two Muslim friends similar to your friends.I think it must be difficult for decent living Muslims for the reasons given in your quote and the ravings of extremist Muslims who try to indoctrinate these communities.
I think the over sensitive approach regarding ethnic issues does not help.
Many quotes on this site from people regarding ethnic groups or issues are written so distorted because there perceived so sensitive that they become ridiculous.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..