Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2011, 20:09   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Metal Theft

this metal theft affects us all, rail users, home consumers, bronze plaques on memorials, any legitimate scrap seller should praise any effort to stop this plague of thefts, and any legitimate scrap dealer would welcome the no cash system. Could it be that the present system supports the evasion of duty.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-11-2011, 20:12   #32
Senior Member+

Some scrotes evn nicked the door from the postbox at the junction of Warwick Ave and Lancaster Ave Accy last week
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 20:53   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
TV news Dave, didn't watch the 3 hour show for once but didn't see him on 4 bulletins I watched
Was on the 3 hour show this morning , North West section at either the 7.25 or 7.55 one, can't remember which one I saw it on
Old 15-11-2011, 22:05   #34
God Member

I watched it on the Parliament Channel. He presented his 10 Minute bill straight after 'Questions to the Attorney General’ at 1pm. The cameras caught a few other Labour back benchers shuffling in to 'bunch' alongside him, so as to make the chamber look busy. That only succeeded in making him look pretty silly. Reading from a prepared script (no surprise, as there was some detailed numerical stuff), he started off nervous and made a few errors but after that he was OK. So 7/10 for presentation.

When it came to the vote on the Bill, with about 50 in the chamber, there were no 'No's, so it goes on to the next stage when it pops up again in the house on the 20/January.

I can't forgive him for his referendum about face, but at least he might do something useful now amongst the dying embers of democracy.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 15-11-2011 at 22:08.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 00:47   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Lets face it, any amendment they make in parliament will probably be a law to replace all metal with plastic rather than take action against the scum that steal it.
lets face it any law passed by government will only effect law abiding people and the criminals will find a way around the new laws if any.Not to worry though government will get teh extra tax from the honest people.

Crime goes up when times are hard and labor made times hard sure enough but camerons making them harder so expect it to get worse before better

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 17:29   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I watched it on the Parliament Channel. He presented his 10 Minute bill straight after 'Questions to the Attorney General’ at 1pm. The cameras caught a few other Labour back benchers shuffling in to 'bunch' alongside him, so as to make the chamber look busy. That only succeeded in making him look pretty silly. Reading from a prepared script (no surprise, as there was some detailed numerical stuff), he started off nervous and made a few errors but after that he was OK. So 7/10 for presentation.

When it came to the vote on the Bill, with about 50 in the chamber, there were no 'No's, so it goes on to the next stage when it pops up again in the house on the 20/January.

I can't forgive him for his referendum about face, but at least he might do something useful now amongst the dying embers of democracy.
No one shuffled near me. There was some interest, slightly more the usual.

As a working class person who resides up Plantation Street I to find hard to swallow that you would kick ordinary struggling Accy families in the teeth when it is a fact that 95% of people don't give a toss about Europe but do care about jobs and the economy. As a WC person I'll say what I think, you are letting us down.

Cedar Stret/Hodder Street resident 23 years. Accy resident 45 years.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 17:35   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post

As a working class person who resides up Plantation Street I to find hard to swallow that you would kick ordinary struggling Accy families in the teeth when it is a fact that 95% of people don't give a toss about Europe but do care about jobs and the economy. As a WC person I'll say what I think, you are letting us down.

Cedar Street/Hodder Street resident 23 years. Accy resident 45 years.
And now a Miliband lacky
Old 16-11-2011, 17:55   #38
Give, give, give member

Well done yesterday Graham, with highlighting, and adressing this issue.

But whilst you're currently online, and reading this thread, could you please find time to answer this question please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Overwhelming, the constituents of Hyndburn think you were wrong, in what you did.

Why did you vote against giving us the chance to have a say, as to whether or not we are in favour of self-determination?

We're confused, as two weeks previously, in public, on this very forum, you said you had no problem with an E.U. referendum, stating that it would 'settle this issue democratically'.

Why did you say that, then vote that we should be denied that democratic right two weeks later?

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...-59650-16.html

Thanks.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 18:05   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well done yesterday Graham, with highlighting, and adressing this issue.

But whilst you're currently online, and reading this thread, could you please find time to answer this question please?

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...-59650-16.html

Thanks.
Your having a larff Rindi
Old 16-11-2011, 18:21   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

As a working class person who resides up Plantation Street I to find hard to swallow that you would kick ordinary struggling Accy families in the teeth
Sorry Graham but to me you have done exactly that yerself by saying one thing,then doing another! n i'd love yeh to provide evidence 95% of Hyndburn folk don't give a toss about that,cos i sure as hell aint seen it.
Old 16-11-2011, 18:21   #41
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Your having a larff Rindi

No.

Not laughing.

He's stopped reading this thread now, and gone offline.

No worries.

No great hardship.

I'll carry on posting that question, in every thread he ever posts in, until the cows come home.

Or, until he has the decency to answer, what many people want to know.

Was going to post until 'he grows a pair'.

Though being a E.U.nuch, thought that might be too long a wait.

Old 16-11-2011, 18:24   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
No.

Not laughing.

He's stopped reading this thread now, and gone offline.

No worries.

No great hardship.

I'll carry on posting that question, in every thread he ever posts in, until the cows come home.

Or, until he has the decency to answer, what many people want to know.

Was going to post until 'he grows a pair'.

Though being a E.U.nuch, thought that might be too long a wait.
Like all politicians Rindi they don't want to answer the difficult questions, they just bluster and talk of the subject hoping it will go away
Old 16-11-2011, 18:34   #43
Give, give, give member

Quote:
it is a fact that 95% of people don't give a toss about Europe.
Well?

Where are these 'facts', to back up that statement?

We look forward to you providing actual evidence, which will prove it as being the truth.

I do hope it's not anymore of your meaningless politico-speak, you've so easily learned the language of.

A thousand jobs here, within ten years...perhaps. A thousand jobs there.

That sort of thing.

95%?

The evidence?

I hope to goodness you can actually come up with some.

Because with the meaningless waffle you've been posting on here recently, your credibility's heading towards zero.

The evidence...

Can't wait.

Old 16-11-2011, 18:49   #44
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Cedar Stret/Hodder Street resident 23 years. Accy resident 45 years.
I think that this patronising, pathetically faux humble, totally out of touch with what ordinary people really think, as opposed to your sycophantic party bro-chums, was actually your Gillian Duffy moment.

I did feel a little sorry for you, and thought you a bit naive, and it all being a bit of a struggle for you.

I was wrong.

Arrogance isn't naivety.

Good luck.

Old 16-11-2011, 18:55   #45
Give, give, give member

Quote:
hoping it will go away
Well hope away.

It ain't happenin'.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..