Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree392Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2016, 16:00   #346
Beacon of light

Re: Labour Party

In a word Less....yes!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-08-2016, 16:03   #347
Beacon of light

I think the electorate were lied to and bamboozled. I don't really think it was down to being ill educated.....trusting and gullible.....maybe.
The thing about being bamboozled is that you might fall for it once, but it makes you far more sceptical a second time.
Old 22-08-2016, 16:05   #348
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I have read somewhere today, that Blair is praising the UAE i think it was, for having "Sharia Law".http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...brexit-voters/ sorry dave forgot yer post. lol
Barrie Yates likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 22-08-2016 at 16:10.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 16:23   #349
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
In a word Less....yes!
Yes? As in I was acting too educated in which case, on behalf of all the common and unedificated man what I is I apologise, (unless of course someone can offer me a job were I can say screw you jack I'm alright).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 16:30   #350
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
One of his sound bites was 'Education, Education, Education'.
Maybe he thought that if he said it three times it would come to pass......a bit like an islamic divorce.

Another one was 'tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime'...that worked didn't it?

speaking of slogans

are we still hugging hoodies?

only asking as iv been hugging one by the throat for some time now and he is beginning to resemble a smurf ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 16:38   #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
speaking of slogans

are we still hugging hoodies?

only asking as iv been hugging one by the throat for some time now and he is beginning to resemble a smurf ?
Ah, trying your best to be a true tory.

Obviously as an alternative to Blairs labour that must be the way to go!
Old 24-09-2016, 11:24   #352
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well J.C. has been re-elected by a big majority, whilst he has never been my favourite person, its time "ALL" the snakes that dont believe in democracy (no matter what they say) got behind a democratically elected guy and attempted to rebuild, what THEY have destroyed, as for the fact hes unelectable the snakes have said, the media soon jumped on that one, and have used it repeatedly, Get behind the guy and see what the score is come the next election, I'm pretty sure,if he gets slaughtered at the next election, he will go himself, due to the fact hes honest, which is more than i can say for the crap thats destroyed the party i have always voted for.
Old 24-09-2016, 11:44   #353
Beacon of light

Cashy, I think that this will lead to the Labour party dying a death.
I think there is little chance that those who have been against him as a leader falling into line...and would you trust them if they did?
It is an unholy mess and Jeremy Corbyn cannot take any consolation from the fact that he is still the leader....because what is he the leader of.....certainly not a cohesive party, one that would provide an effective opposition to any government in office.
He may be an honest man but (and I have my doubts about that too)he is not Prime minister material....but then neither was the bespectacled welsh guy...Owen whatsis face.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 24-09-2016, 12:20   #354
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thing is Margaret this is all about democracy to me, summat the scum that brought Labour to this bad place, fail to recognize. personally i refuse to believe anything that lot say also the media who will take anything for a story, remember what the media was saying about brexit.
Old 24-09-2016, 14:25   #355
Beacon of light

Yes, I do remember. Most of it turned out to be false......but then we are not OUT yet are we?
It is certainly about democracy and the fact that for years politicians have paid lip service to the concept, but have done the opposite of whatever they were elected on...or they have done what they thought best for us...believing the electorate to be daft, ill educated numpties(there may be some who are those things, but it is dangerous to paint everyone with the same brush).
The electorate has not been listened to on many of their concerns. Not only that they have been made to feel like they were wrong to have concerns, with the politico's sticking labels like racists on those who voiced concerns.

My personal view of Jeremy Corbyn and his cohorts, is that he is too right wing in his views. I fear that moderate Labour members are being forced out to make way for the more militant factors in the Labour movement. This makes the conventional Labour voter very wary of the skulduggery within the party........and it is no different to the skulduggery practised by those MP's who have spoken out against Jeremy Corbyn.
In short it is a party that is in disarray(and the reason it is so matters not one jot) with no credible means of sorting out the dissent.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 24-09-2016, 14:32   #356
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Its the so called "Moderates" that have caused this mess, by refusing to accept a democratically elected leader simple as,
Less likes this.
Old 24-09-2016, 15:50   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Its the so called "Moderates" that have caused this mess, by refusing to accept a democratically elected leader simple as,
Are these 'moderates' just in the labour party?
Since the Brexit vote went the way it did how many 'moderates' of all flavours blamed ill educated, older racists that wished to put forward a protest vote without really wishing to leave the EU for the way things are?
Despite the fact that the Country hasn't been thrown into bancruptcy as they predicted they still want a second referendum to prove that their version of democracy is the only way we should allow a vote to count.
No such thing as a moderate just a different attempt to get their own way.
cashman likes this.

Last edited by Less; 24-09-2016 at 15:53.
Old 24-09-2016, 16:08   #358
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

They are pure SCUM Less imho
Less likes this.
Old 24-09-2016, 16:42   #359
Beacon of light

There are moderates in all parties Less, but the really right wing and left wing of any party are not usually what the electorate choose to follow.
The Labour Party was irreparably damaged by Tony Blair. The moves to make it different have not improved its appeal.
Another thing is that people have become disaffected with politics in general(I am one of these disaffected....I really struggle to find anything that I can identify with in the major parties....This is because they have become too similar).
Politicians have treated the electorate in an appalling way. In many ways this might have something to do with them seeing themselves as our 'betters' rather than our equals.....and our servants.
Too many of them have little experience of actually working for a living. They have no experience of real life. They are career politicians. In it for the money rather than making a difference to the lives of ordinary folk.
Jeremy Corbyn may be a man of principles, but he is still from a very privileged background.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 24-09-2016, 16:46   #360
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Are these 'moderates' just in the labour party?
Since the Brexit vote went the way it did how many 'moderates' of all flavours blamed ill educated, older racists that wished to put forward a protest vote without really wishing to leave the EU for the way things are?

No such thing as a moderate just a different attempt to get their own way.
I am one of those older, racist, ill educated voters.(or that is how we are portrayed)
Mine was not a protest vote. It was a vote to leave the bloated money pit that is the EU.......and we still haven't done it yet!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..