Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree392Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2016, 15:29   #196
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Labour Party

No doubt I'll be called prejudiced however I don't like this extra layer that has come to the fore in politics.
We used to have Councillor's and M.P's that was it.
Now we have the above and Asian community leaders affecting our lives.
I don't remember voting for them, I don't remember Asians voting for them but, somehow their opinion seems to be considered far more than that of ALL our individuals no matter what colour. Surely this body of men should have to stand before ALL their peers and elected before they are allowed to make decisions that affect us all?😨
hilleluk likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-07-2016, 16:52   #197

Just for clarity less I'm guessing who they were from the photo he tweeted.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Laatab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2016, 17:07   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laatab View Post
Just for clarity less I'm guessing who they were from the photo he tweeted.

It may be a guess on your behalf, I would still like someone to explain what extra rights do Asians have to add an extra layer, the street I live on, I'm part of a minority, that, I don't mind, my neighbours seem law abiding and hard working, but, if there is an Asian community leader for my district that is influencing where and how I live, surely democracy says I not only should know whom he is but that I also get a choice to vote for him, (notice I say him, how many women are there representing my community?).
hilleluk likes this.
Old 19-07-2016, 17:34   #199

Just noticed, I called it my community, shouldn't that in itself mean I'm included in any decisions involving where I live?

Or am I to be excluded from any plans for my future because I'm a minority?

That surely is racist?
hilleluk likes this.
Old 19-07-2016, 17:40   #200

Well I had a look again and it's actually nearly all Asian men. If you want to see yourself it was on 12th July. Just look on his timeline. I don't know for sure but its common for the Asian community to vote for whatever their community leaders advise them too.

Old 19-07-2016, 17:55   #201

Quote:
Well I had a look again and it's actually nearly all Asian men. If you want to see yourself it was on 12th July. Just look on his timeline. I don't know for sure but its common for the Asian community to vote for whatever their community leaders advise them too.

So you assumed, then when I put forward a legitimate question ie extra layer of politics you have no answer? I don't really expect you to have an answer, I asked this question 10 years ago when my house was compulsorily purchased and the white representative said he would contact the community leaders.
I asked him then I only have a councillor not a community leader what do I do?

His reply after looking at me pitifully, was 'any more questions?'.

You, hesitate, you, put forward nothing, you could almost be Graham Jones!
No, forgive me nobody could be that bad.
Could it just be that this is an unfair layer that ordinary creamy coloured folk have no power over?
hilleluk likes this.
Old 19-07-2016, 18:45   #202
Senior Member+

What does the 3rd runway at Heathrow have to do with the residents of Hyndburn, another runway at Gatwick, Stanstead or anywhere else around London would provide just as much benefit for the North of England - so why stick your noses into something that does not have any bearing whatsoever on our community.
Probably just another opportunity for a bit of positive publicity for GJ - he fails to realise what many locals feel about him.
Hopefully one of his stooges - sorry, acolytes, will be reporting back to him how nasty we are being, unless he has chosen to surround himself by sycophants
Old 19-07-2016, 18:59   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
What does the 3rd runway at Heathrow have to do with the residents of Hyndburn, another runway at Gatwick, Stanstead or anywhere else around London would provide just as much benefit for the North of England - so why stick your noses into something that does not have any bearing whatsoever on our community.
Probably just another opportunity for a bit of positive publicity for GJ - he fails to realise what many locals feel about him.
Hopefully one of his stooges - sorry, acolytes, will be reporting back to him how nasty we are being, unless he has chosen to surround himself by sycophants
Nothing whatsoever,
What does an Asian community group that I haven't voted for have to do with me?
Come on, you want freedom of speech one man one vote, so do I, please, be brave be proper labour, agree that no subsection no matter how they could be a vote winner for any party should be given priority over any other citizen?
Old 19-07-2016, 19:05   #204

The other thought is, back about 1962 ish the first of these immigrants came into the Country, around where I Live there are plenty, and yet, they still class themselves as a minority!
No you ain't you've had three generations to integrate and yet you still feel hard done by.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 19-07-2016, 19:06   #205

Well I'm certainly not Graham Jones less. In fact the reason I asked the question about the delegation here is I'm trying to keep abreast of what he's up to and try as I might, apart from that tweet with the picture, I can find no further reference as to what this delegation was about. I assumed it was counsellors but looking at the picture a second time more closely I saw that the majority of them were Asian men. So I asked because I'm looking for an answer myself.

https://twitter.com/GrahamJones_MP This is his time-line, scroll down to the 12th and see for yourself.

Also of interest, to me at least is a tweet on the 16th.

‏@GrahamJones_MP Jul 16
Delighted @HyndburnCouncil signed letter from 34 Council Leaders to Sec State for Transport to expand Heathrow.

I wondered why 34 council leaders in Hynburn are bothered about the third runway at Heathrow particularly as so many people directly affected by such a thing are dead set against it.

I'm thinking maybe it makes for easier and cheaper flights to Pakistan although it doesn't really explain the delegation.

So that was the extent of my interest less.
Old 19-07-2016, 19:31   #206

Your interest should extend and cover us all.
I do agree, 34 people shouldn't be given a jolly holiday when they could no doubt vote online.
But what the hey, whomsoever covered the price of that trip, won't have done it from their own pocket.
Somehow you and I will have paid for it.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 19-07-2016, 20:08   #207

Quote:
NOooo that isn't the extent of your interest,

I understand you want to put forward the views of your hero, (can't blame you I lean a touch that way), however, you were asked an aside how good have you been so far?

You seem to need to get permission from somewhere,

Go on without asking anyone else, what are your views on having an extra political layer called, Asian Community Leaders?

Good for democracy or fatal for ordinary folk?
Old 19-07-2016, 20:31   #208

Quote:
Well I'm certainly not Graham Jones less. In fact the reason I asked the question about the delegation here is I'm trying to keep abreast of what he's up to and try as I might, apart from that tweet with the picture, I can find no further reference as to what this delegation was about. I assumed it was counsellors but looking at the picture a second time more closely I saw that the majority of them were Asian men. So I asked because I'm looking for an answer myself.

https://twitter.com/GrahamJones_MP This is his time-line, scroll down to the 12th and see for yourself.

Also of interest, to me at least is a tweet on the 16th.

‏@GrahamJones_MP Jul 16
Delighted @HyndburnCouncil signed letter from 34 Council Leaders to Sec State for Transport to expand Heathrow.

I wondered why 34 council leaders in Hynburn are bothered about the third runway at Heathrow particularly as so many people directly affected by such a thing are dead set against it.

I'm thinking maybe it makes for easier and cheaper flights to Pakistan although it doesn't really explain the delegation.

Do me a favour, I've been reading your posts since about May, You haven't posted in anything but this so far as I can see, not good for AccyWeb, maybe good for your party?

Here comes the favour, prove to me you can post interestingly about other subjects, not just your boss.
Old 19-07-2016, 21:37   #209

Well I think your projecting something onto me there. Yes I support JC. Yes I'm a member of the Labour Party. No I'm not in touch with anyone else whose giving me instructions. I'm just an ordinary bod with an interest in whats going down in the area where I live and in the country as a whole. I'm not very social so I dont post much. I dont like Graham Jones and his mates in the PLP, I think they are busy stabbing us all in the back.

For what its worth i've been pondering the significance of the deligation. IMO he's taken them down to westminster where promises have made to secure the asian communities vote for himself no matter if he remains in the LP or if he ends up joining a new party that results from a split. He's consolidated his position as your MP because with the none asian vote split between the LP, tories and maybe the greens the demographic of Hyndburn guarantees he'll be returned as the MP.

Well thats my thoughts on it.
Old 19-07-2016, 21:48   #210

Quote:
Well I think your projecting something onto me there. Yes I support JC. Yes I'm a member of the Labour Party. No I'm not in touch with anyone else whose giving me instructions. I'm just an ordinary bod with an interest in whats going down in the area where I live and in the country as a whole. I'm not very social so I dont post much. I dont like Graham Jones and his mates in the PLP, I think they are busy stabbing us all in the back.

For what its worth i've been pondering the significance of the deligation. IMO he's taken them down to westminster where promises have made to secure the asian communities vote for himself no matter if he remains in the LP or if he ends up joining a new party that results from a split. He's consolidated his position as your MP because with the none asian vote split between the LP, tories and maybe the greens the demographic of Hyndburn guarantees he'll be returned as the MP.

Well thats my thoughts on it.
Well I would like to think you are now telling the truth, unfortunately it took you a while to answer (who did you have to get in touch with for your answer?).
Yes, Jones is probably trying for any backup sucking up to 95% of us looks likely.

Meanwhile, how do you feel about the extra political layer called Asian Community Leaders?
Go on its not a hard question, you either think it a good or a bad thing, just don't hesitate, give an honest reply (of your own, (no crib sheets)).
maxthecollie and hilleluk like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..