Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree392Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2016, 19:29   #256

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: Labour Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Who is really bothered whether you sent your message by "SM-T710 Tapatalk or a Ford Sierra XR 4x4 or even a 1958 Austin 7.
Ain't his/her fault, it's how the Tapatalk app works, kinda like the old postage stamp on your letters had a postmark hand stamped by a guy with an inkpad..
taddy likes this.
Old 23-07-2016, 20:12   #257
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
No they aint..
He asks that any response is sent to his email…where, no doubt, his unpaid interns will respond to HIS electorate from xxxx, guided by Mandleson/Campbell

Guinness I was going to post this exact same thought earlier......but my internet connection dropped out (I was on a bus).
By the time I got back home to a reliable connection...you had posted my exact thoughts.
Great minds and all that.

He does not represent me either...even though(mad fool that I am) I voted for him.
It won't be happening twice i tell you that for nowt!
Eric and Laatab like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 22:06   #258
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laatab View Post
Contacts
Email [email protected]
Facebook Graham Jones
Twitter @grahamjones_mp
Website Graham Jones
Oh come on, how much patience do we have to show you?

You put forward nothing of value, you and your ilk are asked questions and you act exactly like our non representative, giving us nothing worthwhile.

Will you actually put forward something worth reading?

Ignore the labour party, actually think, what could you do if you acted as an individual not just a member of the party?

You are still putting forward party views instead of anything we can use in any form of practical life.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 13:01   #259

I don't quite follow you Less. You asked a question and I gave you the means to answer it. You seem to think I'm some sort of party activist trying to push some party line on you when truth is I'm just an ordinary party member. I'm afraid that whatever burning questions the answer to which you feel "we need to know" would be best addressed by you actually putting in the effort to discover it yourself. With respect if you put 10% of the effort you put into moaning and groaning on here into actually telling your MP what you think you may actually find you do have a voice that can be heard and your boundless energy might even contribute to something positive in people's lives.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Laatab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 13:09   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Ain't his/her fault, it's how the Tapatalk app works, kinda like the old postage stamp on your letters had a postmark hand stamped by a guy with an inkpad..
Thanks for that, I stand corrected,(alway's willing to learn). Your's, Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 14:04   #261
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
actually telling your MP what you think you may actually find you do have a voice that can be heard
Er, reading of past experiences on here, I do believe you'll be more likely to end up with wet kecks!
Old 25-07-2016, 11:52   #262

Quote:
I don't quite follow you Less. You asked a question and I gave you the means to answer it. You seem to think I'm some sort of party activist trying to push some party line on you when truth is I'm just an ordinary party member. I'm afraid that whatever burning questions the answer to which you feel "we need to know" would be best addressed by you actually putting in the effort to discover it yourself. With respect if you put 10% of the effort you put into moaning and groaning on here into actually telling your MP what you think you may actually find you do have a voice that can be heard and your boundless energy might even contribute to something positive in people's lives.

Whenever it'd be convenient you pretend not to follow, plain fact is those links are useless I've had them and know they are never going to help in answering any questions on life, the Universe or anything. Though the above post shows you to be just like Jones, if you don't have a statistic to hand what's wrong with inventing one?
I call into question your 10% of my moaning, allow me to enlighten you, if like you I only read and posted in this thread then perhaps 10% could be accurate however I'm not a one trick pony, unlike you I moan on a great deal more threads on site! So if I was to invent a statistic that meant by cutting down on my moaning and sending a message that is guaranteed to be ignored by our representitive I would in actual fact have to reduce my amount most dramatically possibly by as much as 95%!
Until Jonesy actually represents his constituents instead of his failing party I for one will continue to moan, it is allowed both in politics and across the whole of AccyWeb.

Last edited by Less; 25-07-2016 at 11:55.
Old 25-07-2016, 15:26   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Whenever it'd be convenient you pretend not to follow, plain fact is those links are useless I've had them and know they are never going to help in answering any questions on life, the Universe or anything. Though the above post shows you to be just like Jones, if you don't have a statistic to hand what's wrong with inventing one?
I call into question your 10% of my moaning, allow me to enlighten you, if like you I only read and posted in this thread then perhaps 10% could be accurate however I'm not a one trick pony, unlike you I moan on a great deal more threads on site! So if I was to invent a statistic that meant by cutting down on my moaning and sending a message that is guaranteed to be ignored by our representitive I would in actual fact have to reduce my amount most dramatically possibly by as much as 95%!
Until Jonesy actually represents his constituents instead of his failing party I for one will continue to moan, it is allowed both in politics and across the whole of AccyWeb.
On top of this bit of bull, (after all I've practiced for quite some time and recognise the smell) when are you and your party going to genuinely put forward something for the common man? Your party lost the plot years ago, you represent that loss, you think your above grass roots and try your best to put we the unedificated down, shame on you, labour is all about education, education, education. Yet you don't want to educate, you want to dominate in the worst possible way.

Anytime you and your party take it upon yourselves to apologise for 20 or 30 years of losing your way, let me know.
Gremlin and hilleluk like this.
Old 25-07-2016, 18:04   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

Anytime you and your party take it upon yourselves to apologise for 20 or 30 years of losing your way, let me know.
You have from now until the next General Election to convince me and others yours, is the party to vote for, let's be honest that doesn't give you much time, Maybe ditching Jonesy would help? (Just a suggestion).

Gremlin likes this.

Last edited by Less; 25-07-2016 at 18:08.
Old 26-07-2016, 15:50   #265

Results of Graham Jones poll.

Recent survey results
Old 26-07-2016, 16:45   #266
JCB

Quote:
Results of Graham Jones poll.

Recent survey results
Why does Mr Jones bother ?

He has a habit of ignoring what people say .

Let's face it . He's a third-rate politician , and the people of Hyndburn deserve better .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 17:03   #267

I liked your post, but I do have doubts about Jones being third rate, according to that poll he is reckoned to be far below that and what's needed to win the next election.
I hope this will prove to be true, because I agree we all deserve better.
Thank you Laatab for putting this on site, his poll is surrounded by allsorts, but the most important factor is how well is he doing, not well at all if this is a true poll.
Old 26-07-2016, 17:37   #268
Senior Member+

How many people bothered to take part in his surveys? Probably less than 5% of the electorate as 95% of us don't know our arse from our elbows - and those figures came from the horse's mouth.
I thought that being a local man - a man of the people, he was the obvious choice to represent us, the electorate, and so I voted for him.
I have been wrong a few times in my life, but this was without doubt my worst mistake ever. I have been fortunate in that I have been able to recognise my mistakes - I have certainly learnt from that one so at the next election - or re-selection, which I believe will happen before too long after the boundary changes, it will be Tory or UKIP.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 26-07-2016, 17:55   #269
Beacon of light

It seems that less than 220 respondents took part in this survey.....that is less than 0.3% of the current population of the borough.(80,700 though I can't say how many of these constitute the electorate....But it is looking like it would be a small amount)
But then as our representative observed in the past that 95% haven't got the brains to bless ourselves with....or something along those lines.......I don't think it comes close to the 5% who are brainy enough to understand politics or the ins and outs of the EU.
So this survey is hardly representative of the opinion of the majority of people who live here.

As for voting for him again...I think I might just doodle on my ballot paper.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 26-07-2016 at 18:02.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 21:12   #270

Although this was an open poll it's really only him testing his support amongst the local members and the small number of participants (some around 220) is a reflection of that. He's seeking support for Owen Smith which I don't think he'll get. Personally I'm hoping he'll be deselected at some point as he's well entangled with the mutinous PLP.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..