Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree392Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2016, 10:23   #226
Super Moderator

Re: Labour Party

So...the official policy of the Labour Party is the retention and renewal of our nuclear deterrent. So how the hell can you have a party leader who is all for scrapping our nuclear deterrent? Hardly makes for electoral credibility, does it?
hilleluk likes this.
Old 21-07-2016, 13:15   #227
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laatab View Post
....So unlike us they can come to a consensus as a community....
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2016, 13:54   #228
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So...the official policy of the Labour Party is the retention and renewal of our nuclear deterrent. So how the hell can you have a party leader who is all for scrapping our nuclear deterrent? Hardly makes for electoral credibility, does it?
It's all in fighting, if they can't get rid of their leader by fair means they need a last option.
cashman likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2016, 14:05   #229
Beacon of light

Quote:
So unlike us they can come to a consensus as a community.
Well, actually, no they can't. They are just as manipulated as the rest of us...the difference is they abdicate their responsibility by relying on what their religious leader tells them....they allow him to make their decisions for them.

Maybe it is easier to buy the allegiance of one man than the allegiance of many.
Maybe these people have let this happen for so many centuries that they are unable to break away from tradition...after all thinking for yourself, making decisions takes some ability to analyse what the situation is all about.

Women do not have any sway in the mosques...their opinions and ideas are (in the main) irrelevant....and so their disengagement from politics means that they do not get a good deal out of it...as it is the men who make the decisions...and men will always make a different choice to women.

It is not democracy...it might have the appearance of democracy, but it is a beast of a different colour altogether.

As for being in a union and being told how to vote...well I have been in unions, I cannot recall ever being told which way I should vote......and had I been told which way I should vote...then I can tell you that I would have voted in the way that my conscience dictated regardless of the instruction.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2016, 14:36   #230
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
It's all in fighting, if they can't get rid of their leader by fair means they need a last option.
Doubtless it is, but is not the boot on the other foot here? The MPs, no matter how nefarious their motives, are simply supporting official Labour Party policy. Surely it's Corbyn who is being disloyal in this instance? Apart from that, is he also contriving to make his party less electable by supporting the policy of CND?
hilleluk likes this.
Old 21-07-2016, 14:42   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Doubtless it is, but is not the boot on the other foot here? The MPs, no matter how nefarious their motives, are simply supporting official Labour Party policy. Surely it's Corbyn who is being disloyal in this instance? Apart from that, is he also contriving to make his party less electable by supporting the policy of CND?
I think the only way any member of the labour party can definately be said to be working together here is to guarantee to make labour unelectable.
cashman and hilleluk like this.
Old 21-07-2016, 17:11   #232

It is one of the biggest shames, how labour have forgotten their roots, they used to fight for the working man, now they fight for themselves, a tragedy that anyone that remembers or even reads about it's history, will shake their heads in shame about.

There no longer is a labour party that cares about it's members or it's supporters, there is only the example put forward by our elected M.P. and that has been bad from beginning to (I hope) his end at the next election!

I wish he had lived up to all he seemed to be last time I voted, like cashy I won't ever vote labour again unless they get back to grass roots.

(I'm dismayed I have to say that).
Old 21-07-2016, 17:25   #233
God Member

Better dismayed, Less, than taken for granted.
Less and cashman like this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2016, 17:38   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Better dismayed, Less, than taken for granted.
A good example of being taken for granted is what was being thought of the British people, before Brexit we had all the experts preaching whoa, whoa and thrice whoa!

Now it would appear they were wrong, imagine that, all those highly paid predictors and...

...we seem to have got it right! (Don't worry a spanner will be put in the works to bring us back to our tighten the belt syndrome)

Not because we are cleverer than the rest of the EU, but because they share our feelings about the nameless wonders that keep guiding us from Iceberg to iceberg without turning on the Radar.

How many other Countries would now like a referendum?

Last edited by Less; 21-07-2016 at 17:41.
Old 21-07-2016, 17:49   #235
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quite a few...that's what the likes of Juncker, Merkel and Hollande are terrified of.
Old 21-07-2016, 18:00   #236
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Aye and this new Labour welsh faggot would like a second referendum, i heard him say twice, funny no media focusing on this,well much as i dislike J.C. hes much preferable to that fellow.
Old 21-07-2016, 18:03   #237

Quote:
A good example of being taken for granted is what was being thought of the British people, before Brexit we had all the experts preaching whoa, whoa and thrice whoa!

Now it would appear they were wrong, imagine that, all those highly paid predictors and...

...we seem to have got it right! (Don't worry a spanner will be put in the works to bring us back to our tighten the belt syndrome)

Not because we are cleverer than the rest of the EU, but because they share our feelings about the nameless wonders that keep guiding us from Iceberg to iceberg without turning on the Radar.

As usual Less simplistic views, Yes, other Countries would like a referendum but as you have said somewhere else, you can check out but you can't leave,

Our latestest handbag holder proves this, Brexit means brexit she cried from the rooftops, but what now?

Our Country needs to go forward, with better wages, better jobs, extra bullshine, she said, and then, well I'm going to do nothing without sucking up to the leader of the EU.(not this year anyway).

Yes I know that German bitch shouldn't be the leader, but she and we know whom we need to creep up to.
Old 22-07-2016, 12:21   #238

Graham Jones is holding an open meeting at Accrington football club tonight at 7pm in order to promote his leadership nomination of Owen Smith.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Laatab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2016, 12:28   #239

Quote:
Graham Jones is holding an open meeting at Accrington football club tonight at 7pm in order to promote his leadership nomination of Owen Smith.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
95% of me doesn't want to be in the same room as him anymore (the other 5% was unavailable for comment).

Old 22-07-2016, 14:16   #240

I have great hopes for Mrs May, people who love this country, and want it back voted to come out of the EU. One of the problems the Government have is that we do not have enough Negotiators to do any deals, the EU has done this for us for the last 40 years, that is why we are in the mess that we are in today. I am hopeful that the Government will act, in our interest as soon as it possibly can. They had better not hang around. Rule Britannia
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..