Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree392Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2016, 13:03   #301
Beacon of light

Re: Labour Party

not me. I find their internal wranglings tiresome at best and very juvenile. there isn't one of them that is fit to organise a you know what in a brewery.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-08-2016, 13:34   #302
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Hyndburn MP promises to stick by Labour if Jeremy Corbyn wins again - Accrington Observer

What a shame Graham, I for one didn't vote for you so that you can prove your loyalty to the labour party, I voted for you hoping you would be loyal to your constituents.

I agree with the comments in this link, though I don't agree with someone ringing up and insulting his staff, they should have insisted on speaking to him.
cashman likes this.

Last edited by Less; 05-08-2016 at 13:39.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 20:55   #303

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Hyndburn MP promises to stick by Labour if Jeremy Corbyn wins again - Accrington Observer

What a shame Graham, I for one didn't vote for you so that you can prove your loyalty to the labour party, I voted for you hoping you would be loyal to your constituents.

I agree with the comments in this link, though I don't agree with someone ringing up and insulting his staff, they should have insisted on speaking to him.
Jeez where do you start..

Jones backs EdM..fail
Jones backs Angela Eagle..fail
Jones backs Owen whatshis face..going off last nights hustings..another fail

So..what should he do?....his leader is a 'horrible man', he resigned from the whip, he's done nothing for weeks except post anti-Corbyn comments...but...he decides that if Corbyn wins he'll stay in his seat!!!!

Not even got the bottle to fall on his sword, would rather cling by his fingertips to the gravy train and pension, whilst claiming to be working class and labour through and through..

Will he be deselected?..not a chance..not when the local party is full of sycophants and inbreds.

I'm also a bit sceptical about the phone call...what is reported in the observer is NOT what he originally said on twitter..wouldn't be the first time he's been economical with the truth.

Just GO!
Old 05-08-2016, 21:00   #304
Beacon of light

don't hold your breath Guinness. He is not a man of principle.(if he were he would be gone by now..long gone) We know that to our cost. This man is only looking after one person...number 1
Old 05-08-2016, 21:53   #305

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
don't hold your breath Guinness. He is not a man of principle.(if he were he would be gone by now..long gone) We know that to our cost. This man is only looking after one person...number 1
I won't

I watched the debate last night on BBC news...short precis..

Owen whatisface wants to get in power then have a second referendum on Europe because the public got it wrong. Corbyn said..we have to work with what the people decided.

Owen whatsiface is a shouty welshman who would make a fortune flogging 'iffy' goods on a street corner but showed that he is incapable of 'listening' to an alternative viewpoint. Corbyn was calm, measured and dealt in facts.
Laatab likes this.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:59   #306
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
I won't

I watched the debate last night on BBC news...short precis..

Owen whatisface wants to get in power then have a second referendum on Europe because the public got it wrong. Corbyn said..we have to work with what the people decided.

Owen whatsiface is a shouty welshman who would make a fortune flogging 'iffy' goods on a street corner but showed that he is incapable of 'listening' to an alternative viewpoint. Corbyn was calm, measured and dealt in facts.
The simple fact is G.J. supports this Welsh faggot, so he obviously wants a second referendum, the fact i supported him in the first place makes me thoroughly ashamed of meself, for being such a sucker.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:02   #307

Quote:
If he was a man of principle there would be no need for him to go, he would have been right for the job.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:15   #308
Beacon of light

Less, my point was he has shown himself not to be a man of principle or honour.
He has disregarded (and disrespected) those members of the electorate who voted for him.
That in itself is a huge disappointment. He has also demonstrated by his actions that he is only in politics for himself......we live and learn.
Gremlin and Laatab like this.
Old 11-08-2016, 17:43   #309

Quote:
Less, my point was he has shown himself not to be a man of principle or honour.
He has disregarded (and disrespected) those members of the electorate who voted for him.
That in itself is a huge disappointment. He has also demonstrated by his actions that he is only in politics for himself......we live and learn.
Well I suppose he has disregarded all that voted for him, does that make him a bad man?

(Answers on a postcard to the labour committee care of him so he can shred them before anyone else reads them).
Gremlin likes this.
Old 11-08-2016, 18:23   #310
Beacon of light

No Less, of course it doesn't make him a bad man, but it does make him unworthy of the votes of the people of Hyndburn....the people who trusted him to do the best for them....to understand the difficulties and to try to do something to level the playing field.

He did not do any of this. All he did was make sure he feathered his own nest....made sure that he made things good for him.
He disrespected us, he disregarded us and does not deserve our x in his box.
Old 11-08-2016, 18:38   #311

Quote:
No Less, of course it doesn't make him a bad man, but it does make him unworthy of the votes of the people of Hyndburn....the people who trusted him to do the best for them....to understand the difficulties and to try to do something to level the playing field.

He did not do any of this. All he did was make sure he feathered his own nest....made sure that he made things good for him.
He disrespected us, he disregarded us and does not deserve our x in his box.
Sorry Margaret, I should have put a sarky smiley.

Of course he's a bad man, (you just try to see the best in everyone), not done anything since being voted in for anyone, turns up for photo opps, (as do all politicians), but what? exactly what? has he done for his constituents?

He's tried to suck up, being a whip, left that because he had no faith in his leader, (if he has no faith why should we?), if his leader actually is or could be a good leader, what form of party member is he?

My real if, is IF such a minor member of the labour party has doubts about the main members of the party, Why should 95% of us even consider the mainstay of that party or our minor M.P.?
odders likes this.
Old 11-08-2016, 19:00   #312
Beacon of light

All those things make him devious and self serving rather than bad.

Those traits that he shows are the ones which are encouraged ....valued even, in politics.
Shame on him for fooling us. Shame on him for even thinking of fooling us.
But if we let ourselves be fooled again then it will be us who are the fools.....and if this happens then this man will have read us right( he thinks we are numpties.....voting for him again would just confirm his opinion of us).

As for me seeing the best in everyone.....well, I won't be giving him a second chance.
That would be like giving him another bullet because he missed with the first one!
Less, odders and hilleluk like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 11-08-2016 at 19:03.
Old 11-08-2016, 21:00   #313
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Sorry Margaret, I should have put a sarky smiley.

Of course he's a bad man, (you just try to see the best in everyone), not done anything since being voted in for anyone, turns up for photo opps, (as do all politicians), but what? exactly what? has he done for his constituents?

He's tried to suck up, being a whip, left that because he had no faith in his leader, (if he has no faith why should we?), if his leader actually is or could be a good leader, what form of party member is he?

My real if, is IF such a minor member of the labour party has doubts about the main members of the party, Why should 95% of us even consider the mainstay of that party or our minor M.P.?
Have to say G.J. did help me a great deal, a couple of years back, which is why i am so disappointed now with the guy. its quite wrong in my view, to ask what hes done for constituents, i am sure if anyone contacted with a fair grievance, then he would do his damndest to help. But from my point of view, to choose the path he has chosen, he has driven a lifetime labour voter away.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:31   #314
Beacon of light

Cashy, what he did back then as a councillor is irrelevant.(well, except for the fact that we were all bamboozled into thinking he would be good for our town. That he would support our needs at a government level. We certainly got that one wrong)
Just because he was good at dealing with local issues does not mean he is going to be good at national politics......and he has shown this to be true.
He had his head turned by being made Labour whip.
He followed his head.......he made life good for himself.
He has shown by some of his comments that he is not suitable to the task in hand.
I would rather eat my own eyeballs with a mustard spoon than vote for this man again.
Anyway with proposed boundary changes he may not be on the ballot paper.
odders likes this.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:53   #315
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Margaret he was our M.P. when he helped me,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..