Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree392Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-07-2016, 17:26   #181
Beacon of light

Re: Labour Party

Why does he want to know how we voted in the referendum?
Why is this a required field?
I have not wasted my time filling it out...but I did waste my time reading it.
It is a meaningless bit of fluff which will tell him nothing that he doesn't already know....or at least he should know!
cashman likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-07-2016, 18:24   #182
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Probably so he can avoid em. if so thats me out the picture.
Old 17-07-2016, 19:05   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It is a meaningless bit of fluff which will tell him nothing that he doesn't already know....or at least he should know!
I filled in the form until I reached the "how did you vote in the referendum", I even filled in the question have you ever voted labour in any general election, Yes I have voted Labour in every general election since I was 21 year's old, I am now 69 years old but my vote has alway's been in a so called secret ballot, so why, as Marge say's is this a required field. As for do I support Corbyn! he got the job by default in the first place, thousands spent the price of a pint in order to join the Labour Party on a temporary basis, I/E in order to get a vote, I didn't, I spent less than three pounds on some thing worthwhile, (A pint of real ale in the Peel Park).

Read into this as you will Graham.Your's a disgruntled Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2016, 19:08   #184

Sorry Graham, that should have finished, "a disgruntled Taddy"
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2016, 19:26   #185
God Member

no matter how belittling he is of the people of Hyndburn he still gets elected so i think the blame is equal really until people stop voting for the party and look closer at the person

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2016, 20:25   #186
Beacon of light

Accyman I voted for the person.
I really believed(mistakenly, it seems) that because he came form the town, because he had served as a town councillor, because he knew the concerns and difficulties of the area, he would serve us well.
I could not have been more wrong.
Well, believe this. I will not be voting for him again
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 17-07-2016, 20:50   #187
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laatab View Post
Graham Jones is conducting a poll on Trident and his performance. If anyone wants to take part here is the link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...A/formResponse
opened the link, how do you know this is 95% bollox talking?

If it is him could it not be yet another, talk to XXX members of your constituents as if they know nowt?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2016, 20:58   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
no matter how belittling he is of the people of Hyndburn he still gets elected so i think the blame is equal really until people stop voting for the party and look closer at the person
EXCUSE me, I only voted for him once, watch this space, if I am ever stupid enough to vote for him twice, I will be arrested for indecent exposure on the town hall steps, (I hope I won't be accompanied by Cashy and Mag P' they should have more sense).

Last edited by Less; 17-07-2016 at 21:00.
Old 17-07-2016, 21:41   #189
Beacon of light

I have certainly learned my lesson...so I think that you might just be on your own Less....but somehow i don't think you are that daft
Old 18-07-2016, 05:44   #190

Quote:
I have certainly learned my lesson...so I think that you might just be on your own Less....but somehow i don't think you are that daft
95% of me probably is, or might be, possibly, perhaps, if only we had a system where someone could be put into power and instead of representing me he could tell me I'm too stupid to vote for him...

...Hang on, we've got a Jones for that!

Last edited by Less; 18-07-2016 at 05:48.
Old 18-07-2016, 07:00   #191
Beacon of light

All I would say to that Less is.....do not believe everything you are told.....especially when it is a politician telling you......Even more so when that politician can see something in it for himself!
KiTChener likes this.
Old 18-07-2016, 09:11   #192
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have just seen another ridiculous tweet from the man "WHO" pretends to represent us!!! IT says under Corbyn, every social class would prefer Teresa, Well sorry i disagree, it should say under you and your nest of vipers, every social class would prefer Teresa, least thats the truth of things from me and people i know,
KiTChener, Barrie Yates and Laatab like this.
Old 18-07-2016, 18:47   #193
Senior Member+

Quote:
Same here MP, he doesn't live a million miles away from us, yet as a representative of the people he hasn't even had the courtesy to knock on the door and introduce himself - perhaps he has read some of my postings?
KiTChener and Laatab like this.
Old 19-07-2016, 10:43   #194
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Another glorious tweet, If J.C.wins the leadership contest the party will remain split, There will no fixing it,no winner, no unity,& 4th rate opposition, our rep says, Well to me this is another example of a complete disregard for democracy,Not one of these M.P.s should remain in the Labour Party, just sod off, as ive said before NEVER will i vote Labour in a General Election ever again while scum like this remain not supporting an elected leader, and i know for FACT, i am certainly far from the only one that holds this view.
Old 19-07-2016, 13:02   #195

Does anyone know what this delegation from hyndburn to westminster that Graham Jones lead last week? I suspect it was councillors and Asian community leaders as he later announced that hyndburn councillors signed a letter in support of a third runway at Heathrow.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Laatab is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..