Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2009, 18:04   #466
Super Moderator

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
I am sure that the posters will fill us in later
I hope they don't feel the need to go that far, Val. I was only asking a question!

Seriously, cheers for enlightenment - I really must start reading these statements more closely!
Old 22-09-2009, 18:08   #467
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Would think that has been spent over the summer on wages Mab
Proberly right VALAIRAN we still need to pay day to day running costs,while we're on about money does anyone no how much prize money the club erned on finnal league possition last season
Old 22-09-2009, 18:10   #468
Member.

I am so very sorry, but what does it matter if Mr. O’Neil is on Holiday or not; he’s entitled to take a holiday if he wants one, yes it’s a bad time but it most likely would have been booked prior to this situation going critical…. I sure that the team left behind are more than capable to make fund raising decisions and run the club in his absence…if Rob, and Marcella have gone with him then we would have the right to be ****ed at them.

I’m not sure that people are anti/Pro O’Neil or Khan; we just want a solution that resolves the Tax issues and allows the club to continue to invest in building for the future. If Mr. O’Neil Khan’t lead us through this then I would ask him to either work with Mr. Khan or stand aside; that said would we really be safe in Mr. Khan’s hands? What is his agenda; is he going to float the club indefinitely given the size of the gates or would we still be having these conversations in a year’s time.

I am however very disappointed in the continued lack of communication via the club; the highly visible absence of “Marcella the Invisible” and the lack of imagination & creativity of the fund rising effort and the general lack of leadership and cooperation by the club.

I don’t think that the club will go down the ****ter over this situation; if it did then all of the main players in this set of events which includes Whalley, O’Neil and Khan Will undoubtedly face National Humiliation along with the Township of Accrington.

What I will say to the club is that the opinionated old farts on here (and I include myself) are few; but if we think this way; what do you think the rest of the people think of the situation.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 18:33   #469
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
Quite a few people have run with this 'the DON's on holiday' claim, but this is uncorroborated and I certainly wouldn't take solely the word of someone who, in their seven posts to date, has posted little more than anti-DON/pro-Ilyas arguments (as well as claiming to have donated several thousand pounds to the club).
thats easy to dis-credit Whalley Red, ALL the club has to do is make a bloody statement.
Old 22-09-2009, 19:01   #470
God Member

One thing that is mega inspirational at the moment is the brilliant ideas that people are coming up with small & large, everything counts, unfortunately work commitments at the moment are not allowing me to get fully onboard with a lot of things but a couple of potential fundraising ideas to throw into the pot:

Bowlathon-pretty sure accy has a ten-pin bowling alley speak to whoever owns it about a 24 hour sponsored bowlathon. (good funraiser probably good Google Page Ranking for both parties)

Cricket match between Accy (league champs) & Ramsbottom (worsley cup winners) not sure if it's do able but nothing ventured nothing gained

Business SOS put a press release out inviting all local business's big & small to attend an open day at the Club sooner rather than later, meet the players Manager, Commercial Team etc. Tea & Biscuits etc. then give them the sell promoting match sponsorship, board sponsorship, ground sponsorship blah blah blah

Maybe somebody will read one of these and think yeah that's not bad?

Last edited by Pendle Red; 22-09-2009 at 19:06.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 19:44   #471
Senior Member+

From the SOS website :

"Visit the online store that has a range of products from replica home and away shirts"

No, it doesn't. And no leisurewear either.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 20:10   #472
God Member

Smile Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Source Organiser Date Total
Paypal Total Club £5,002.82
SMS & Phoneline Club £621.00
Private Donations Club £20,689.77
Fans Forum Club 04/09/09 £163.55
Bucket Donations(Accrington) Stanley Ultras 05/09/09 £1,400.00
Bucket Collection(Bury FC) Stanley Ultras 05/09/09 £2,100.00
Bucket Collection(Burnley Town Centre) Stanley Ultras 08/09/09 £23.17
SOS Cup Burnley v Accrington 08/09/09 £35,853
Darlington CCL Match - Gate Receipts Only Club 11/09/09 £14,184.07
Total £80,037.38

These private donations have been creeping in over the last few days Though the Text lines have dried up...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/

Last edited by VALAIRIAN; 22-09-2009 at 20:16.
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 20:29   #473
Senior Member+

Ironic that we should be facing Crewe again so near the deadline.

After passing my motorbike test I was berated by a Crewe fan at the Test Centre wanting his money back after our last League fixture against them (4-0 to Crewe) which he attended was stricken from the results pages in March 1962.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 20:36   #474
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Ironic that we should be facing Crewe again so near the deadline.

After passing my motorbike test I was berated by a Crewe fan at the Test Centre wanting his money back after our last League fixture against them (4-0 to Crewe) which he attended was stricken from the results pages in March 1962.
Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 21:35   #475
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.
Despite my great annoyance at those faceless sods at the helm Bernard,i still have confidence that will NOT occur again.
Old 22-09-2009, 21:40   #476
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Cricket match between Accy (league champs) & Ramsbottom (worsley cup winners) not sure if it's do able but nothing ventured nothing gained
They do this at the start of next season.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 21:52   #477
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Despite my great annoyance at those faceless sods at the helm Bernard,i still have confidence that will NOT occur again.
I'm with you cashy! we the supporters of today owe it to supporters of 62 to not let it happen for a second time,the hert and betrail felt by so meany who lived and breathed Stanley,This is one fight we the supporters of 09 must win
Old 23-09-2009, 07:17   #478
Junior Member+

Quote:
Quite a few people have run with this 'the DON's on holiday' claim, but this is uncorroborated and I certainly wouldn't take solely the word of someone who, in their seven posts to date, has posted little more than anti-DON/pro-Ilyas arguments (as well as claiming to have donated several thousand pounds to the club).
I have just seen the holiday snap that shows the DON his daughter and 2 young children. So get the club to make a statement if he's not on holiday.
Raggy Thun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2009, 07:34   #479
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy Thun View Post
I have just seen the holiday snap that shows the DON his daughter and 2 young children. So get the club to make a statement if he's not on holiday.
Yes, why not get Marcelle to make the statement, kill two birds with one stone
Paul Keeble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2009, 07:43   #480
Junior Member+

Quote:
Also I have nothing against the DON he seems a really good person not sure about this Marcelle Lazarus what has she done??. The only point that I was going on about is there is a lot going on at the club other than getting the money together for the tax man and this should be the boards main aim. I can't get my head round why no one want's Mr Khans money??? has he said he won't work with the DON??? Has he done something I don't know about??? it just seems the way forward to me, but what do I know I have only made a few posts!!!!!!.
Raggy Thun is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..