Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2009, 19:38   #376
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Thank you MR-T
Old 20-09-2009, 19:48   #377
God Member

Smile Re: "Save Our Stanley"

I am sure that this has been said before, in fact, Minister Onymfo has it on his signature “1000 people collecting £300 – job done”

Taking onboard the fact that we have already raised nearly £75K and I am sure that with other bucket collections and donations we will raise circa £110K.
That the take the equation down to 1000 people collecting/donation £200, already £100 each better off…

I believe strongly that there are 1000 “Hard core Fans/Supporters” that will do their best to help Stanley through, so it is with this in mind that I feel it is time to forget hoping that the club have something in store, forget the thoughts of somebody from the club “Using their contacts” forget any ideas of Generous Benefactors and face up to the fact that it will be down to us the fans to sort out this mess!

1000 people collecting/donating £200 each, it is as simple as that. £308K is a large sum, £200 X 1000 is more manageable!

Without further ado, I am pledging to donate £200 to the S.O.S.

NUMBER 1 = £200 only 999 to go!

Let’s get that £308K knocked off and get this millstone from our necks!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 20:13   #378
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
"To my knowledge the directors including the DON have already put in in excess of £200K." (posted on this thread some time ago)

My opinion again, what more can the board do??

The directors aren't mega rich folk, they are supporters just like all of you

We're always looking for new members, but unfortunatley so are every other Football Club!!

If you've any ideas please let the Club know!!
Doug finds this shocking, i find it Pathetic "What more can the board do??" well sorry whats Wonder Woman been taken on board for? no ideas forthcoming as yet! wheres the promised Transparency? if what we can see so far is what we get i repeat Pathetic, not a personal attack just saying it as it looks.
Old 20-09-2009, 20:28   #379
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

we had 8 wks to raise £308 K, two n half have now passed! is it not a boards function to give direction? come up with a plan of action? all i have seen so far is asking the fans fer ideas etc, theres plenty of folk willing to assist in any way possible, never have i seen in any industry the workers running the show.
Old 20-09-2009, 20:42   #380
God Member

The club have things planned, why they haven't released them yet I have no idea, lets hope its this week

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 20:46   #381
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
1000 people collecting/donating £200 each, it is as simple as that. £308K is a large sum, £200 X 1000 is more manageable!

Without further ado, I am pledging to donate £200 to the S.O.S.

NUMBER 1 = £200 only 999 to go!

Let’s get that £308K knocked off and get this millstone from our necks!
Nice idea, Val, but the problem is that most, if not all, of the diehard supporters have already started making contributions. With the money I've already handed over in various ways, I just couldn't afford another £200 on top. I do, however, pledge to give additional money to make my total up to £200. I also pledge that when the job's done, from October 29th onwards, I will be asking one helluva lot of questions!
Old 20-09-2009, 20:59   #382
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
The club have things planned, why they haven't released them yet I have no idea, lets hope its this week
On the night of the Darlo match, I was told that the next round of events would be announced mid week, that puts them half a week behind already, the one thing we have not got is time????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 21:07   #383
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
that is the impression i was under, MR Ts post has made me wonder.
Old 20-09-2009, 21:46   #384

29.10.09 is my brith day so i for 1 hope it will not be a day when stanley go to the wall again . i would sell my art and soul 4 the club . sum one out there can save us . look at all the prem players money bags .
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 21:56   #385
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
look at all the prem players money bags .
Well, Marcelle apparently knows a fair few of them, so I would imagine she's been hard at work, asking for offers of help from them and hopefully, we'll have some good news from her soon.

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 20-09-2009 at 21:59.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 22:05   #386
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Well, Marcelle apparently knows a fair few of them, so I would imagine she's been hard at work, asking for offers of help from them and hopefully, we'll have some good news from her soon.
Good idea to use the edit button Mr H

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 22:14   #387
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Good idea to use the edit button Mr H
Too right! Might've known you'd be the one to spot it!
Old 20-09-2009, 22:46   #388
Member.

Quote:
I can’t understand why this lady hasn’t been fronting the media campaign (if we have one) getting a clear and concise message over to the public whist at the same time enticing investors to the cause. Is she actually working form the club or is her role a token one?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 22:47   #389
Member.

Quote:
Too right! Might've known you'd be the one to spot it!
He's good you know.......

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 23:03   #390
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I can’t understand why this lady hasn’t been fronting the media campaign (if we have one) getting a clear and concise message over to the public whist at the same time enticing investors to the cause. Is she actually working form the club or is her role a token one?
I asked the questions below on 30 June, Doug. This was before her elevation to the role of Joint Chairperson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Does anyone know the terms on which these two have been "appointed"?

Are they full-time contracted employees? Or volunteers? Or some other status?

I can find no mention of this in the announcement on the ASFC website.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..