Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2009, 21:11   #286
God Member

Smile Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Well said WM Keep on shaking those buckets

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-09-2009, 21:15   #287
Senior Member+

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
ya may be correct Revived Red but 2 ways to look at this My Glass is half full, Yours is half empty.
The only glass that matters, cashy, is Stanley's. That is about 24% full. What do you see, cashy, that will fill the remaining 76%?

Be honest. No emotion, no fervent expressions of hope and expectation!

Bearing in mind what has already been done and what is currently being done, how do you see us raising 3 times what we have raised in the remaining 5 weeks?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 21:24   #288
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
I would love to see what she would do if something SHE really cared about was going to die in 8 weeks. Something that brings her joy, something that she thinks about constantly every day of every week of every month, something that unites her friends, that makes her smile, laugh, cry, shout, something that she feels so strongly about that she would feel physically sick at the thought of it dying.......

No, she wouldn't shake a bucket at a stranger.... Oh what a woman!
Couldn't agree more

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 22:05   #289
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i reckon this woman who wrote to the paper is nowt but a self righteous prat, i go accy many sat mornings, afternoons early also, most weeks there are collectors fer summat or other, many of those collecting fer these charities shake there tins, so what some do, some don't, i don't mind at all, its right to me that they draw attention to their cause, its also up to the individual if they donate, no-ones twisting yer arm, she should just get a life, instead of hoping to see her name in print.
Old 17-09-2009, 22:05   #290
Member.

She, whomever she may be. Is entitled to her opinion and is entitled to express it in public or via the media. It isn’t her fault that the board of Accrington Stanley ****ed us over by miss managing the affairs of the club. Venting your spleen against this woman; “witch or not” serves no purpose.

We “Accrington Stanley” are in very deep **** and we have less than four weeks tops to find a solution to this nightmare.

Now I have berated the ASSF and Mr. Khan for making demands for shares in return for financial assistance and sought to give Mr. O’Neil and the Board opportunity to resource funds via other means, so far we have raised a little more than £75,000 and those funding streams are drying up slowly, between now and the dead line I would doubt that “shirts, buckets, raffles, sponsored walks or runs, car boot sales and begging or outright prostitution would net us more than another £25,000, what we need now is major corporate sponsorship or donations from the business community or other well heeled clubs; when it comes to good will and relying on friends you soon find out how few friends you actually have.

Now is a time for heroes……if they don’t work their magic we’re ****ed.

I expected to see the club come forward and grasp this problem with both hands….what we need to see is someone from the club coming forward and managing this situation, co coordinating the fund rising effort and utilising media links to boost Stanley’s public profile to those that have the means to end this ****. Begging won’t cut it David, getting a finger out of each others arse and managing this situation just might….

Speak to us and tell us what your doing to resolve this situation; who are we speaking too and who’s offering what; and if their not offering anything why not.

Give us an answer to the shirt issue between the producer and the sale of shirts on eBay, are they in breach or have we not paid for them.

Give people a reason to part with their money…..The rest of us should wake up to the reality of this situation…….We like the Phoenix may well die again.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 17-09-2009 at 22:08.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 22:24   #291

Hereford fan here and I have to start off by saying fair play for trying to save your club but after comments made by a number of your fans and considering you have the biggest arse of a manager in football a number of Hereford fans would love to see your club go down the ****ter.

I'm afraid that for you to compete as a club on your on your own crowds you'd have to go down because your crowds arw worse than embarassing and fair play you've got some loyal fans but who cares doesn't matter unless you have crowd that can give a club enough money to compete in the respective division.

I really don't see why everyone has to bail you out on this and I'm afraid I can't wish you good luck because I don't think you deserve it.
We'll be expecting your childish flags Hereford-Welsh etc.If you see a welcome to wales sign on the way down then I'd turn around because you'd have gone way past Herefordshire that is firmly situated in England.

I will also be doing a tax collection for myself outside the away end turnstyle because recently I spend all my money getting ****ed and just bought a shiny new car leaving me short changed and unable to pay my bills. All donations will be appreciated and hopefully I'll get enough to pay the tax man off at the end of next year.

Regards,

Daire.
Daire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 22:31   #292
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daire View Post
Hereford fan here and I have to start off by saying fair play for trying to save your club but after comments made by a number of your fans and considering you have the biggest arse of a manager in football a number of Hereford fans would love to see your club go down the ****ter.

I'm afraid that for you to compete as a club on your on your own crowds you'd have to go down because your crowds arw worse than embarassing and fair play you've got some loyal fans but who cares doesn't matter unless you have crowd that can give a club enough money to compete in the respective division.

I really don't see why everyone has to bail you out on this and I'm afraid I can't wish you good luck because I don't think you deserve it.
We'll be expecting your childish flags Hereford-Welsh etc.If you see a welcome to wales sign on the way down then I'd turn around because you'd have gone way past Herefordshire that is firmly situated in England.

I will also be doing a tax collection for myself outside the away end turnstyle because recently I spend all my money getting ****ed and just bought a shiny new car leaving me short changed and unable to pay my bills. All donations will be appreciated and hopefully I'll get enough to pay the tax man off at the end of next year.

Regards,

Daire.

BAA BAA black sheep have you any wool?
Old 17-09-2009, 22:32   #293
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

thats summat new one who can write.
Old 17-09-2009, 22:34   #294
God Member

he can't spell properly though Cashy, must be fresh outta approve skoo
Old 17-09-2009, 22:37   #295

I hope you are not planning to bring those red buckets on Saturday...
Daire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 22:43   #296
Member.

Quote:

Regards,

Daire.
Daire,

You too are entitled to your opinion; but it won’t cut much lamb on here……The club might well be teetering on the edge of the pan, but rest assured we will come out of this mess; and even on our gate numbers we will prosper; Why? Because we have faith in that “Fat Arsed” manager and he will take us where you have just been; unlike you, we won’t be falling down the leagues like the price of lamb at the outbreak of a Bull **** epidemic. On Saturday we will show you just why we will survive.

Regards

Doug

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 22:47   #297
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

thats the thing about being up here pal, local rivalries are put to one side when a clubs in the crap, as stanley did back in 92 fer a local rival n burnley have done fer stanley last week, its called fan loyalty, hope your lots never in the crap cos ya have no-one down yon only sheep. it will be a tough slog fer us n who knows? but it will be end of story fer you if it happens to your lot, just dwell on that one fool.
Old 17-09-2009, 23:04   #298
God Member

troll

a bit more verbosity than the usual type but a troll never the less
Old 17-09-2009, 23:12   #299
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
troll

a bit more verbosity than the usual type but a troll never the less
JAMMO a troll macca? never.
Old 18-09-2009, 06:56   #300
Senior Member+

Quote:

Regards,

Daire.
Daire!!.....You may well be a Hereford Fan, but it is so obvious that you are NO Football Fan!.....and most definately an individual who has no inkling whatsoever regarding any of the ongoing affairs at Accrington Stanley Football Club.
One thing is for sure though ,and that is that there is no place for the self-congratulatory and ill-written bilge with which you have chosen to litter our Forum in this posting !.

You are not getting up anyone's nose ....you are not winding anyone up!..all that your inconsequential bleating has proved , is that there is always at least ONE small-minded Idiot waiting to crawl out of His or Her self-made Cess-pit to utter a mouthful of bile about something which is totally beyond his/her limited intellect and experience!.

I say His or Her because (and not wishing to offend the Ladies of our Forum!)...your posting really does sound like the incoherent ramblings of an
unfortunately -situated Old Woman !!.

Unlike you, I won't have one negative word to say about Hereford United or indeed any Team in League Two....Their business is THEIR business....and our business is OUR business...SO, keep your cheap, useless, ill-written and inconsequential opinions regarding Accrington Stanley locked away in your equally small and puerile mind!!...

YOU DESERVE........YOU !!!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..