Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2009, 08:15   #346
Senior Member+

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyRed View Post
It says 18/09/09,
Apologies for that, AccyRed.

I have just double checked. On my screen, it certainly looks like 10, not 18.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-09-2009, 08:32   #347
Member.

(Quote)...Chief Executive Rob Heyes said: 'We don't have anything new confirmed yet fund-raising -wise. But we have one or two ideas IN THE BACKGROUND, and we need to sit down and discuss some options as to where to go next' (End of quote).....

I reckon we have but 36 Days left, I also reckon that we only have 15 to 20 of those days in which to come up with the rest of the money. Doesn’t the club reckon it’s about time they got on with it, that said maybe Mr. O’Neil and the board will be putting up the short fall between them? Mr. O’Neil was my first choice to push Accrington Stanley forward especially since he brought about him these fresh and experienced faces….But this is very disappointing; the club appears to have done little to resolve this situation. The money raised so far in the main as come about by the commitment of the ultras, Burnley FC and the Good will of the public and with that hope; but its drying up and the club have “NO Ideas”. **** Me.

Mr. Khan; get your cape out, with need and hero and we need one NOW.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 09:09   #348
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
as fer yer first paragraph revived red i would suggest the time is now fer the P.R. lady to prove her worth! otherwise i would politely ask her, NOT to slam the door on her way out.
I would sincerely hope that Marcelle is networking amongst the movers and shakers of North West football at Old Trafford this afternoon. As one of the biggest matches of the season in the region, I would think it represents a golden opportunity to use her contacts for the good of the club.
Old 20-09-2009, 09:17   #349
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I would sincerely hope that Marcelle is networking amongst the movers and shakers of North West football at Old Trafford this afternoon. As one of the biggest matches of the season in the region, I would think it represents a golden opportunity to use her contacts for the good of the club.
You'd think so wouldn't you. Private box with fergie and co and hairdryer those SOS ideas our way
Old 20-09-2009, 09:49   #350

Quote:
From the BBC Gossip page:
Manchester City's players have already received £459,000 in win bonuses this season, with a further £9,000 each if the club beat arch-rivals Manchester United on Sunday.
Full story: News of the World

The difference between the 'Haves' and the 'Have absolutely **** alls'
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 09:54   #351
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
i would hope so, would put her up wi the all time greats, if she could pull a stroke like that off, aint holding me breath though.
Old 20-09-2009, 11:34   #352
Senior Member+

Ultras are hopefully goin Anfield saturday if its ok'd.... it is hoped a similar sized group will come forward to attend at Ewood once permission is granted.........

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 11:56   #353
God Member

Smile Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Cheers WM, this is the kind of positive news we need to hear . What if any are the plans for Fridays match against Crewe???

P.S. Whilst I was scouting at Crewe V The Shots, I was approached by a Shots fan, who asked me if you where in attendance - I think he thought there was a collection going on - he seemed a little deflated to find out that you were not there.. Had a quick chat with him and he was genuinely concerned about Stanleys plight and wished us well

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 11:59   #354
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Ultras are hopefully goin Anfield saturday if its ok'd.... it is hoped a similar sized group will come forward to attend at Ewood once permission is granted.........

Its action like this that will make the difference; however small the outcome it’s the effort again by a dedicated few that gives the rest hope.

I just hope that the club remembers the effort made.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 13:55   #355
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Why hasn;t the donations players managment staff and match day staff's wages form the Darlo game BEEN added to the total fund yet could anyone out there tell or exsplane why it has'nt
Old 20-09-2009, 14:44   #356
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Why hasn;t the donations players managment staff and match day staff's wages form the Darlo game BEEN added to the total fund yet could anyone out there tell or exsplane why it has'nt
As far as the wages are concerned, presumably because that's money not going out as opposed to money coming in - maybe financially advantageous to do it that way 'cos otherwise they might (?) have to pay tax and NI on the wages and only get what finally would have gone in the wage packet back as a donation.

Only guessing mind ..
Old 20-09-2009, 15:44   #357
God Member

Might not put it in until payday - again just a guess???

Old 20-09-2009, 15:50   #358
God Member

Smile Re: "Save Our Stanley"

"The stewards came to us and offered to work for free and we have had a great response to our request that all other staff might consider donating a days wage to the fund, including all the match day staff, the people that work here at the club full time, and even the players and the management team.

"With so much going on at the game centrered around the survival fund and what should hopefully be a good attendance with minimal outgoings we have taken the decision to put all receipts from the match into the survival fund."

This is taken from a statement by Rob Heys and would suggest that monies are going into the fund rather than monies being saved by the club... We shall have to wait and see

Old 20-09-2009, 16:30   #359

Hi Lads

Hows it going. I take it there is quite a lot of money to go on the total? Have Accy got any other big fund raising dos planned ie sportsmans dinners where they could do an auction with items donated by the bigger local clubs. When we were in Admin neville Neville sorted a sportsmans dinner held at man United and it raised loads.

Also what about selling seats for £20 a throw. Thats would be another £30,000/£40,000
carlmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 16:42   #360
Super Moderator

Well, Marcelle is one of the two most powerful in the club and the Don didn't just bring her in to sit there and look decorous. As it says on the SOS site, he "appointed Chairwoman Marcelle Lazarus to assist in directing the club out of the looming tax debt" so I would expect the results of her efforts to bear fruit for us soon.

Also, don't forget that the directors haven't announced yet how much they're putting into the fund. In addition to that, didn't I read somewhere that when the directors do say how much they're contributing, Ilyas has said he'll match it by putting in a sum equivalent to one director's contribution...or have I got that wrong?

It all adds up!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..