Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-09-2009, 21:38   #241

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

do we have a totol to day or is it still 70 plus
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-09-2009, 21:41   #242

sum one need to changed the crewe game on the sos page to friday sexy nite footy
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2009, 18:38   #243
God Member

Smile Re: "Save Our Stanley"

This is not a negative post Just noticed that there is not much movement or activity on the S.O.S. Site at the moment.. The pledges have all but dried up, maybe people are waiting until payday . Just hope that the eye has not been taken off the ball And people have lost sight of the task in hand.

Still waiting for the club to inform us of the next round of "Fund Raisers"

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2009, 18:47   #244

When was it last updated???

What about the buckets from the weekend games at Anfield etc?!?
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2009, 18:51   #245
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post

been updated today by a couple hundred, don't think anfields been done yet Mr Mathew, waiting permission i think, sure someone will say if thats no so. n Valairian yer post aint negative yer just speaking as ya see, nowt wrong wi that.
Old 16-09-2009, 18:52   #246
God Member

Quote:
There were no bucket collections at Anfield last weekend.
Old 16-09-2009, 18:54   #247
God Member

Smile Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
been updated today by a couple hundred, don't think anfields been done yet Mr Mathew, waiting permission i think, sure someone will say if thats no so. n Valairian yer post aint negative yer just speaking as ya see, nowt wrong wi that.
Cheers Cashy

Old 16-09-2009, 18:57   #248
God Member

Quote:

As LD said no collections at Anfield, think it is later in the month? Not sure about any other collections though?

Old 17-09-2009, 13:48   #249
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
This is not a negative post Just noticed that there is not much movement or activity on the S.O.S. Site at the moment.. The pledges have all but dried up, maybe people are waiting until payday . Just hope that the eye has not been taken off the ball And people have lost sight of the task in hand.

Still waiting for the club to inform us of the next round of "Fund Raisers"
Some fundraisers are utilising the few weeks we have left, like ourselves, to collect funds for the club rolling over to give a better total & chance for people to donate by which ever means. Just because it maybe quiet doesnt mean funds have dried up - just its ongoing

On going stuff:

Raffle
SOS Shirts
SOS Mugs - redash
General donations

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 14:46   #250
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Some fundraisers are utilising the few weeks we have left, like ourselves, to collect funds for the club rolling over to give a better total & chance for people to donate by which ever means. Just because it maybe quiet doesnt mean funds have dried up - just its ongoing

On going stuff:

Raffle
SOS Shirts
SOS Mugs - redash
General donations
From the SOS site.....'Accrington Stanley is a famous brand recognised around the globe'....

The population of which is 6785 Billion !!...Yet it would seem that not many of these are interested in 'The Brand'...'The Name'..or the Club's survival ....as a dearth of good news in this respect from the Club, via it's Official site, would attest to !.

Very little is being said which would inspire any real confidence in those who have, and continue to make a contribution to the SOS Appeal in their own little corner.

I appreciate SM that the OSC and others are trying so hard to maintain the tempo of 'Giving' wherever possible...but would you not agree that 'Releases' from Club Officials relating to EXACTLY what is resulting from everyone's efforts, are not only confusing, but also demotivating to a degree?.

Sorry if I sound a little gloomy at this point in time, but like so many others
I speak to and communicate with, I am worried by a 'status quo of creeping apathy' which is gathering on t'Stanley's already somewhat indefinable horizon !.

'QUO VADIS STANLEY ????'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 14:51   #251
God Member

I think that the positivity and negativety will ebb and flow from day to day. at the moment there is little ongoing between fundraisers so the mood is a bit depressing - but then as soon as the next bit of good news comes in we will be on our uppers again.

As has been said numerous times though, it doesn't matter what we think of whom and why, Stanley has to survive no matter what.
Old 17-09-2009, 14:56   #252
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

the thing is wi this timescale as i see it, ya can't have events everyday, just aint gonna happen, events being planned, take time @ permissions granted, n we all know what Red Tape is like. all we can do is being done, all we can hope is they get it right, so keep the faith. NO SURRENDER. p.s. was the 11th hour when permission was granted fer the burnley game.

Last edited by cashman; 17-09-2009 at 15:01.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 15:08   #253
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the thing is wi this timescale as i see it, ya can't have events everyday, just aint gonna happen, events being planned, take time @ permissions granted, n we all know what Red Tape is like. all we can do is being done, all we can hope is they get it right, so keep the faith. NO SURRENDER.
'SURRENDER..'.....A word NOT in MY vocabulary Cashy!!...but you know what an easily depressed 'worrit' I can be...and with little encouragement at that !!.

Of course I totally agree with what both Macca and yourself say, that Survival is ALL that matters. After all, who can possibly imagine a world in which League Football being played by Accrington Stanley didn't exist ??.

So, I'll look for some small shaft of encouraging Sunshine to shine through the darkening skies (Now that is lyrical!)....and continue to shout at the top of my voice....'ON STANLEY....ON!!!.

( As will 'THE OTHER TWO '!!)
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 15:16   #254
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Good Man, i'll leave ya summat to ponder on- Hard Work always benefits Long Term, Lazyness benefits ya now.
Old 17-09-2009, 15:21   #255
God Member

not seen this anywhere, good on yer Phil & Francesco

East Lancashire officers beat the drum for Accrington Stanley (From Lancashire Telegraph)

would be good to get it on the sos website
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..