Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2009, 16:49   #361
God Member

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

just to add hope to the totals raised.

£75k ish so far bucket wise
June, July, August, September, Octobers budgeted £18k per month payments = £90k
Supporters loans (still in the bank could be paid back tomorrow if they so wished) £45k

running total £210k?

Board of directors yet to meet and discuss their 'donation', find £24k between you that Ilyas will match and then that leaves the rest of us to find £50k.

See you in court HMRC - we gonna whip your ass!
Old 20-09-2009, 16:57   #362
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Well, Marcelle is one of the two most powerful in the club and the Don didn't just bring her in to sit there and look decorous. As it says on the SOS site, he "appointed Chairwoman Marcelle Lazarus to assist in directing the club out of the looming tax debt" so I would expect the results of her efforts to bear fruit for us soon.

Also, don't forget that the directors haven't announced yet how much they're putting into the fund. In addition to that, didn't I read somewhere that when the directors do say how much they're contributing, Ilyas has said he'll match it by putting in a sum equivalent to one director's contribution...or have I got that wrong?

It all adds up!
Equivalent to the total amount the Don and Director's put in' Thats how i heard it WH
Old 20-09-2009, 17:01   #363
mab
God Member

[quote=maccawozzagod;746549]
June, July, August, September, Octobers budgeted £18k per month payments = £90k Thats if the club have put that a side Macca
Old 20-09-2009, 17:19   #364
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Equivalent to the total amount the Don and Director's put in' Thats how i heard it WH
Even better! Come on the Don and directors, tell us how much you're putting in. The present lull in activities is cyring out for a morale-boosting announcement like this!
Old 20-09-2009, 18:19   #365
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Even better! Come on the Don and directors, tell us how much you're putting in. The present lull in activities is cyring out for a morale-boosting announcement like this!

Not only Morale-boosting Wyn!...but one which would not only indicate the size of the effort still needed to be put in by current and potential fund-raisers. but also have the Motivating effect of having a REAL Target to aim at!!.

Would'nt you agree that TRANSPARENCY is fine...as long as there is something to be seen on 'the other side' ???.

(Alfred.E. comments thus :- 'Apart from the unknowns, everything is obvious
...... been contemplating Friedrich Nietzsche again???)
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 18:45   #366
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
(Alfred.E. comments thus :- 'Apart from the unknowns, everything is obvious
...... been contemplating Friedrich Nietzsche again???)
I would imagine he has...Alfred E. and myself often have an in-depth discussion about the great man's interpretation of existentialism in the Oak Lea, while you're yakking away to Cashy, Semi-Skilled and co.

However, I have a feeling that the "unknowns" will be revealed this coming week...the directors will show their commitment to the club by announcing their contribution to the fund, Ilyas will match it and our chairwoman will prove just how invaluable those links to Man City, Liverpool etc are, with some excellent news of her own!

As Macca said in words that might have come from the pen of the venerable Friedrich himself: "taxman, we gonna whup your ass!"
Old 20-09-2009, 18:48   #367
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
just to add hope to the totals raised.

£75k ish so far bucket wise
June, July, August, September, Octobers budgeted £18k per month payments = £90k
Supporters loans (still in the bank could be paid back tomorrow if they so wished) £45k

running total £210k?

Board of directors yet to meet and discuss their 'donation', find £24k between you that Ilyas will match and then that leaves the rest of us to find £50k.

See you in court HMRC - we gonna whip your ass!
In a perfect world but I suspect you posted that with tongue in cheek.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 19:10   #368
Super Moderator

"To my knowledge the directors including the DON have already put in in excess of £200K." (posted on this thread some time ago)

My opinion again, what more can the board do??

The directors aren't mega rich folk, they are supporters just like all of you

We're always looking for new members, but unfortunatley so are every other Football Club!!

If you've any ideas please let the Club know!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 19:20   #369
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
"To my knowledge the directors including the DON have already put in in excess of £200K." (posted on this thread some time ago)
Not into the SOS fund, we have all contributed to Stanley in the past but that will count for nothing if we don't raise the £308k.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 19:21   #370
God Member

Quote:
Well doesn't this say a lot.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 19:23   #371
Member.

Quote:

The directors aren't mega rich folk, they are supporters just like all of you

We're always looking for new members, but unfortunatley so are every other Football Club!!

I find this shocking news………..If this is the case Mr. T, and the Directors are at their limit….where will the short fall in funds come from? Will they accept (the board) Mr. Khan’s offer of a bail out in return for funds or are you suggesting that we are already in free fall towards Administration.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 19:24   #372
mab
God Member

MR-T Question to become a director do you need to have shares in Accy Stanley or just money to put in to the club to be a Director and do you have to be voted on to the Board if so does some one have to voted off first..some may think its a daft Q but i don't know how it works
Old 20-09-2009, 19:26   #373
Member.

Quote:
Take Mr. Khan by the hand.............and bite hard...... On Stanley On.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 19:28   #374
Super Moderator

Took the words out of my mouth, Baggy. I'm talking about the SOS fund, which I had automatically assumed the directors would be making personal contributions to, as a matter of course. The directors may not be "mega-rich" but I would guess that they're reasonably comfortable, or else they wouldn't have been chosen as directors in the first place. As the rest of us in our varying degrees of penury or prosperity, are putting our hands in our pockets and making personal sacrifices to save the club we love, I would expect the directors to do the same. I would also expect the total sum to be recorded publicly, so that Ilyas can match it (if I've got the story right).
Old 20-09-2009, 19:33   #375
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
MR-T Question to become a director do you need to have shares in Accy Stanley or just money to put in to the club to be a Director and do you have to be voted on to the Board if so does some one have to voted off first..some may think its a daft Q but i don't know how it works

Firstly the quote re the directors IS MY PERSONAL VIEW only, based on personal knowledge. I could be wrong, I have been before.

In the EW era to join you needed to be a share holder and make a cash ( without any shares or conditions) and or project injection and be invited by the chairman. This invitation was ratified by the board.

Currently in the DON era, only Marcelle has joined, invited by the Chairman and again ratified by the board.

If there's good people out there who feel they can help, please,please get in touch; to my knowledge it isn't a closed shop, we need more good people on board!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..