Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-09-2009, 22:25   #316
God Member

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

" Eric got us here with His prudence"........................b o l l o x, Eric Whalley put the club in this predicament..........and now 'we' are being asked to sort it out!!!!

Yes the 'die hards' will continue to support the club, but you cannot blame the ones who dont come, lets be honest here, there hasnt been an awful lot to make 'em want to come (footie wise)...........granted this year we are much better (long may it continue).

Its not as simple as money in money out, if only it were. The club were aware of potential problems way back at the beginning of the year,and yet only now are they trying to do owt about it, talk about shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted!!!

WM, you and I both want the club to survive,on that we can and do agree, but Im sorry I cant and wont ignore the reasons that we are in the s***...............and unfortunatley those reasons wont just evaporate.

Enjoy your trip to deepest Wales tomorrow and lets hope for 3 points. I cant go as I am working with the band

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-09-2009, 22:29   #317
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post

Blame Eric, or Rob. But you think we'd be in this mess if our attendances were 1000 higher or even 500... I don't!
do ya honestly think thats the answer willie? i certainly don't, yes another 500- 1000 gates would help no doubt, but it never stopped 62. its not rocket science if we get out of this crap, stanley can maintain league status wi good budgeting n colemans shrewd management IMHO, no need to return to the pits.

Last edited by cashman; 18-09-2009 at 22:38.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009, 23:01   #318
Full Member+

After the second home league match for the current legal Stanley eric Whalley was on tv slagging off the upport saying you would get more at a !"£$%^ baby show.

Nowt has changed over the last 3 years so the management should not have planned for much better.

The more the fans give, the less the directors need to give. I have given over £100 but that is it until the directors contribute to the fund. Not last year, this year.

500 was a good crowd for us not too long ago, 50 of us would go away. That is the hardcore. I would put £1000k, as I expect would quite a few others if we were given something back, but now it looks like it could be wasted with Stanley still folding.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009, 23:17   #319
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
" Eric got us here with His prudence"........................b o l l o x, Eric Whalley put the club in this predicament..........and now 'we' are being asked to sort it out!!!!

Yes the 'die hards' will continue to support the club, but you cannot blame the ones who dont come, lets be honest here, there hasnt been an awful lot to make 'em want to come (footie wise)...........granted this year we are much better (long may it continue).

Its not as simple as money in money out, if only it were. The club were aware of potential problems way back at the beginning of the year,and yet only now are they trying to do owt about it, talk about shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted!!!

WM, you and I both want the club to survive,on that we can and do agree, but Im sorry I cant and wont ignore the reasons that we are in the s***...............and unfortunatley those reasons wont just evaporate.

Enjoy your trip to deepest Wales tomorrow and lets hope for 3 points. I cant go as I am working with the band
Last i am gonna say on t'subject .... boardroom shenanigans really are the ****est part of football & one I don't really have much passion for.

"Without Eric's input, more than half the fans debating this subject wouldn't be fans of ASFC" Thats fact!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009, 23:58   #320
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Last i am gonna say on t'subject .... boardroom shenanigans really are the ****est part of football & one I don't really have much passion for.

"Without Eric's input, more than half the fans debating this subject wouldn't be fans of ASFC" Thats fact!
that is fact, also fact is some would still be at the crown, as would some sponsers, he didn't just do good.
Old 19-09-2009, 08:53   #321
God Member

If Eric had sold up when he said he was going to (to a man with Accy in his heart and the finances necessary to take the club forward) and when he had the chance(s) then we wouldn't be in this mess.
With regard to the current situation... For a takeover to be worthwile in the circumstances of our club, the man coming in should've been able to wipe the slate clean and move the club forward from there.
Now the mess has been made and it's all should'ves and could'ves so that's that. The club aren't exactly flush with ideas for their massive fundraising campaign so it's up to the fans. As macca has said elsewhere, morale is low after a sparse week of fundraising so let's look forward to the next seven days where hopefully things will pick up.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 09:40   #322
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
The club aren't exactly flush with ideas for their massive fundraising campaign so it's up to the fans.
Exactly what are the new appointments doing? This makes interesting reading:
Accrington Stanley

Just as an example : "one of her first Google Page Ranking activities has been to organise a link up between Belle Vue and the football club". What was that? Did I miss something?

And "she has close links with Manchester City, Bolton Wanderers, Liverpool, Coventry City, and a host of other league clubs?" How much has the SOS Appeal received from them?

What about Granville Thompson's "greater financial control and monitoring" with the "up to the minute accurate financial information"?

Why are these people not visibly spearheading the SOS Appeal?

And it's interesting to see that Rob Heys thought on 25 June we could be "more strategic in our outlook, rather than simply fighting fires from day to day."
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 09:43   #323
God Member

You are not alone RR in your quest for answers to some of the above question???

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 10:18   #324
God Member

Spot on RR...................I await with baited breath!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 11:05   #325
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Spot on RR...................I await with baited breath!
RR !...You're right again....but in this case 'Silence is not Golden!!'.(Nor is it going to accumulate much Gold!!).

SO...Cowboy!...I'm afraid you'll have to hold your breath...'bated or otherwise, for some time to come yet!!..

I've a feeling that 'THEY' might not have the things to say which will help any of us to really understand just what is the true scenario at'The Crown'!
Or they would have made such pronouncements already in their desire to be 'open and transparent !.

But, as has been said, without knowing the whole story, it is difficult to apportion blame accurately (Although we all have opinions which might not be too removed from the truth!), so perhaps this is the time to suspend our assorted 'witch-hunts', and to carry on optimistically with our own little efforts!!...and to HOPE for the best! (Which MUST be a continuation of League Football at The Crown provided by a 'living' Accrington Stanley!).

John Argenti (Google him !)..once told me ,that as a ship without a chart, or a Captain who had little or no understanding as to what he was there for,
and had little desire to inform his Crew as to the intended passage it's management, and it's eventual destination, would without a shadow of a doubt find himself in stormy waters, which in turn would see his Vessel founder on the Rocks!!.
SO would any Organisation however large or small...minus a clear Raison d'etre...without a clear Strategy which embraced the demands of it's entire 'environment', which had vision-less Leaders who had little or no skill in providing the necessary information and motivation to those within it's environs, would FAIL and FAIL miserably...

I was unfortunate enough to see clear evidence of this theory on many occasions !....and organisational failure through inadequate vision, solidarity, motivation, and dynamism in all concerned,is a pitiful sight to behold!..

Theory inspires practice.....and practice confirms the Theory !!...This is one theory which I hope will not exist in the remit of the skilled Management Team at 'The Crown'...I'm more than certain that they all have a firm grasp of the Raison d'Etre of the business, That they are committed to on-going 'Environment Scanning' and a desire to inform everyone of the Strategies existing to lead the Club to eventual success !..I hope that I am proved right!!.

Don't know why I'm putting these thoughts into words !!...So.....

'QUO VADIS STANLEY ???'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 12:30   #326
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
RR !...You're right again....but in this case 'Silence is not Golden!!'.(Nor is it going to accumulate much Gold!!).

SO...Cowboy!...I'm afraid you'll have to hold your breath...'bated or otherwise, for some time to come yet!!..

I've a feeling that 'THEY' might not have the things to say which will help any of us to really understand just what is the true scenario at'The Crown'!
Or they would have made such pronouncements already in their desire to be 'open and transparent !.

But, as has been said, without knowing the whole story, it is difficult to apportion blame accurately (Although we all have opinions which might not be too removed from the truth!), so perhaps this is the time to suspend our assorted 'witch-hunts', and to carry on optimistically with our own little efforts!!...and to HOPE for the best! (Which MUST be a continuation of League Football at The Crown provided by a 'living' Accrington Stanley!).
how many times does this need to be said? in my view well meaning people are doing more bloody harm than good in the fight fer survival.
Old 19-09-2009, 12:34   #327
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
how many times does this need to be said? in my view well meaning people are doing more bloody harm than good in the fight fer survival.
I agree now is not the time, notice I haven't got involved in all this pettiness, do like me if you've nothing good to say don't say it for the next few weeks.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 12:45   #328
God Member

Bloody hell bagpuss, the last thing this situation needs is the holier than thou brigade.
It'd be much easier to do what the club wants us to do (keep quiet on the grey areas, not question anything and empty our piggy banks) if they were actively coming up with fundraising ideas for us fans to be getting on with. The last 7 days have been wasted.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 12:59   #329
God Member

Smile Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
The last 7 days have been wasted.

That is true...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 13:08   #330
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I agree now is not the time, notice I haven't got involved in all this pettiness, do like me if you've nothing good to say don't say it for the next few weeks.
No Baggy......

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..