Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2009, 13:09   #331
Member.

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Leadership and management……..if neither of these things becomes clear there may not be anything left at the end of the next few weeks.

There desperately needs to be an open channel of communication from the club via the Fishy site; by this I mean regular weekly updates of the situation at hand and some degree of focus on the action plan to drive Stanley forward. It’s not just “us” on here that needs to be aware, it’s the wider township and above all else the Potential Sponsors and future investors without which there is no Stanley.

We appear transfixed by the duties of the excise man and the recovery of the debt owed; it’s deeper than that, once this money is paid (and there can be little doubt that it will) there will still be a vast financial void between what the club needs and gets via the gate….I understand our Willies groans, but the fund raising effort alone won’t build bridges with the disaffected people of East Lancs. We need leadership from the club, backed by open dialogue between all interested parties.

Accrington Stanley needs a rebirth; we need a clear cut and highly polished make over backed by a professional promotional media campaign promoting everything positive about the club; linked to the township and the friendliness of the people, something worth investing in.

Maybe the club needs to be petitioned to bring about change…..are do we just wait until it’s too late.

Wake up Stanley, wake up Stanley men……It’s a time for Heroes and Positive Action; not dreamers and groaning old farts….no offence intended.

PS. The last comments made on the footy programme today was a plea from the club for people to turn out and support the club on Friday night…….it was weak and half hearted; like a love sick youth clinging to a spotty bird. Stanley you are paying professional people to promote the clubs interest…get them off there arses and get some quality promotional work done or step aside and let someone else do it.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-09-2009, 13:11   #332
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Bloody hell bagpuss, the last thing this situation needs is the holier than thou brigade.
It'd be much easier to do what the club wants us to do (keep quiet on the grey areas, not question anything and empty our piggy banks) if they were actively coming up with fundraising ideas for us fans to be getting on with. The last 7 days have been wasted.

Top man.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 19-09-2009, 13:35   #333
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Bloody hell bagpuss, the last thing this situation needs is the holier than thou brigade.
It'd be much easier to do what the club wants us to do (keep quiet on the grey areas, not question anything and empty our piggy banks) if they were actively coming up with fundraising ideas for us fans to be getting on with. The last 7 days have been wasted.
Do you or anyone else KNOW fer fact the last 7 days have been wasted? may have been trying to sort, get permission granted fer various stuff, i certainly don't know, on that premise it aint much good telling about it, to be let down if things can't happen. keep bitching n watch the club slide into oblivion. its not beyond human nature fer people to brassed off with it all n say sod it.

Last edited by cashman; 19-09-2009 at 13:37.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 13:51   #334
God Member

Have the club come up with any fundraising ideas through the week and presented them to the public? No.
Have the club asked the fans for any help with various ideas? No.
Has the slider gone up since the funds from the Darlo game? No.

Week wasted.

Cashy I know where your heart is; we all know that talking about the failings won't put that slider up. However, highlighting the continued inertia from the Whalley days (sorry RR, I've nicked that now) isn't doing one millionth of the damage that the club's 'sit back and wait for hand outs' outlook has done over the past seven days.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 14:19   #335
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

whilst i have and am supporting many of these fund raisers shaker, by dedicated people doing there best, fact is they aint gonna be enough! i would sincerly hope the club are planning/ trying to plan summat BIG that will keep the wolf from the door, only time will tell.
Old 19-09-2009, 20:11   #336
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
I think I'm turning into a pussy, bloody hell I don't even argue with mancie these days. I really thought keeping out of the negative threads was the right thing to do as I thought the club were getting their act together now after what appears to be a poor week on the fundraising I'm having a rethink, RR, Doug ect. are posting what I used to post without being annoying.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 20:38   #337
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
how many times does this need to be said? in my view well meaning people are doing more bloody harm than good in the fight fer survival.
Cashy, I know what the loyal fans are doing in the fight for survival. I am asking what those people employed and paid by the club for exactly these circumstances are doing in this fight. We need to know - we are paying their wages/fees (presumably).

The silence from them has been defeaning. Yes, indeed, they may be working away behind the scenes. But we need to know what is being planned, if anything. Time is now very short indeed.

And, to reinforce shakermaker's point, it is now 19 September. The thermometer was last updated on 10 September. This is NOT a criticism of the person given the task of updating, but it is a criticism of those supposed to be providing the information. Where is the motivation?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 21:16   #338
God Member

Question Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Just a point RR, the thermometer has been updated on 16&18 at the least, problem is that the amounts are so small that it is hardly noticeable....

Source Organiser Date Total
Paypal Total Club £4,454.24
SMS & Phoneline Club £621.00
Private Donations Club £14,703.00
Fans Forum Club 04/09/09 £163.55
Bucket Donations(Accrington) Stanley Ultras 05/09/09 £1,400.00
Bucket Collection(Bury FC) Stanley Ultras 05/09/09 £2,100.00
Bucket Collection(Burnley Town Centre) Stanley Ultras 08/09/09 £23.17
SOS Cup Burnley v Accrington 08/09/09 £35,853
Darlington CCL Match - Gate Receipts Only Club 11/09/09 £14,184.07
Total £73,502.03
NEXT PAGE >>

Paypal Total Club £4,501.14
Total £73,548.93

But on the whole I hear what you are saying, what are the club doing, if they are doing it behind the scenes, PLEASE let us know - we can help..

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 21:33   #339
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Just a point RR, the thermometer has been updated on 16&18 at the least, problem is that the amounts are so small that it is hardly noticeable....
Sorry, Valairian. I was just looking at the date at the bottom of the thermometer. That says last updated on 10 September.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 21:34   #340
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post

Paypal Total Club £4,454.24
Total £73,502.03
NEXT PAGE >>

Paypal Total Club £4,501.14
Total £73,548.93

But on the whole I hear what you are saying, what are the club doing, if they are doing it behind the scenes, PLEASE let us know - we can help..
Does page 36 of Tonight's Lancashire telegraph answer your question Val ??.

(Quote)...Chief Executive Rob Heyes said: 'We don't have anything new confirmed yet fund-raising -wise. but we have one or two ideas iIN THE BACKGROUND, and we need to sit down and discuss some options as to where to go next' (End of quote).....

And there you have it!!...

Incidentally , else where in the 'Telegraph'...The Reverend Kevin Logan assures us that Divine guidance in the affairs at The Crown'...is a very real
possibility !....

To which I say a very Loud and Sincere....AMEN !!!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 22:04   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
the date at the bottom of the thermometer. That says last updated on 10 September.
It says 18/09/09,
AccyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 22:08   #342
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyRed View Post
It says 18/09/09,

AccyRed.....

How's the big man with all this; is he at ease or is he worried?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 19-09-2009, 22:29   #343
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I think I'm turning into a pussy
There really is no answer to that, Baggy!
Old 20-09-2009, 00:01   #344
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Cashy, I know what the loyal fans are doing in the fight for survival. I am asking what those people employed and paid by the club for exactly these circumstances are doing in this fight. We need to know - we are paying their wages/fees (presumably).

The silence from them has been defeaning. Yes, indeed, they may be working away behind the scenes. But we need to know what is being planned, if anything. Time is now very short indeed.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
agree the silence has been deafening, may be a good reason who knows? as fer yer first paragraph revived red i would suggest the time is now fer the P.R. lady to prove her worth! otherwise i would politely ask her, NOT to slam the door on her way out.
Old 20-09-2009, 08:13   #345
God Member

Exclamation Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Does page 36 of Tonight's Lancashire telegraph answer your question Val ??.

(Quote)...Chief Executive Rob Heyes said: 'We don't have anything new confirmed yet fund-raising -wise. but we have one or two ideas iIN THE BACKGROUND, and we need to sit down and discuss some options as to where to go next' (End of quote).....

And there you have it!!...

Incidentally , else where in the 'Telegraph'...The Reverend Kevin Logan assures us that Divine guidance in the affairs at The Crown'...is a very real
possibility !....

To which I say a very Loud and Sincere....AMEN !!!
Without stating the obvious, we ain't got that long left

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..