Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2010, 08:54   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Ilyas on BBC Radio Lancashire

O'Neill promises his Accrington Stanley takeover will be completed (From Lancashire Telegraph)

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-04-2010, 10:12   #77
God Member

Yet another promise? - I've lost count of how many times he's 'promised' it will be sorted, time for him to clear off & let someone who knows how to run a football club take over
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 10:18   #78
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post

Da Beast
I think Iylas Khan as the man we all trust is the key to the solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
Pendle, why dont we do this. Lets see just what interest there is in this idea and i will promise to do what i can to set it up. I really do appreciate your concerns, but on the season ticket i respectfully suggest that NOT buying a ticket is the wrong response to the worry about who will be running the club. the season ticket sales help the club survive through the lean close season and ultimately ends up paying wages, so i would ask that you are able to distinguish between your concern on the one hand, and the basic housekeeping on the other hand.

thanks
There is your answer!

I know it doesn't answer your question on how else to protest. Assuming the forum goes ahead, then attendance with your concerns could be a starting point.

The players and management need our support - especially at a time where new contracts are being offered - they need to be confident in the clubs future and therefore witholding vital income fro the team is not the way forward.
Old 15-04-2010, 11:33   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
There is your answer!

I know it doesn't answer your question on how else to protest. Assuming the forum goes ahead, then attendance with your concerns could be a starting point.

The players and management need our support - especially at a time where new contracts are being offered - they need to be confident in the clubs future and therefore witholding vital income fro the team is not the way forward.
That last paragraph is something that also needs to be levelled and answered by the Club as well, I know Ilyas has in part answered that in the interview but we need the same line from within,

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 16:07   #80
God Member

Hmmm? First we were told way back at the start of the 'take over' it would all be done and dusted in a 'couple of weeks'................those 'couple of weeks stretched into nearly 7 months! Now He wants us to believe it will be done by the end of the season, sorry but I for one cannot bring myself to belive a word the Man says.

In Ilyas and Peter I most definatley trust, in DoN Im afraid not.

As for the part that says EW is allowed to attend any game for the next 5yrs as part of the deal, to me that is unacceptable..................Whalley is RESPOSIBLE for the mess the club was in last year, and would of happily walked away scot free if Ilyas and Peter had not stepped in to save us. Personaly, I would be happy if Whalley never set foot on the ground again! Not to mention the revenue we are missing out on by allowing Him to utilise the 'best box' we have.

I look forward to this forum, but somehow doubt that EW will accept the invitation! Too many difficult questions for Him I would reckon..........

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk

Last edited by ukcowboy; 15-04-2010 at 16:10.
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 16:10   #81
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post

I can understand what you are saying, but please tell me what other options do I have to protest?
Wear a green and yellow scarf? Everybody will recognise that as a sign of unhappiness with the owner(s) ....

Or perhaps in our case it should be claret and blue, or blue and white
Old 15-04-2010, 17:00   #82
Senior Member+

goood news in the observer aswell

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 17:50   #83

The 'take over' was meant to happen in may 2009, but yet there is a 'stumbling block' i think we would all like to know exactly what that is?

I too personally dont like O'neil or anything hes done for the club and would much prefer a brand new owner/managing director, wether that be ilyas or someone else. but i am still guna buy a season ticket and go most away games regardless

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 19:20   #84
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
The 'take over' was meant to happen in may 2009, but yet there is a 'stumbling block' i think we would all like to know exactly what that is?
I would think its down to raising the money needed to pay for the 51%shares.
Old 15-04-2010, 19:40   #85
God Member

the 51% is paid for and O'Neill has the share certificates. However EW will not sign the shares over to him on a legal basis until he has assurances that he will be repaid, by the club, for the directors loans that he claims to have put into the club over the years. Source tomorrows Observer.

The next bit is educated guesswork but because the accounts were in such a****state there was no way to prove or disprove the supposed loans made and that is why it has taken so long as IK or DON try to ascertain what monies have been paid or not. This apparently is nearing completion.
Old 15-04-2010, 19:55   #86
God Member

What I don't get with all the haggling is the Club was worthless and minutes away from going out of business forever but for the intervention of two men, so why is this still even ongoing?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 20:13   #87
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
What I don't get with all the haggling is the Club was worthless and minutes away from going out of business forever but for the intervention of two men, so why is this still even ongoing?
Thats exactly my thoughts on it, if Ilyas and Peter hadn't turned up at the hearing the club would have been wound up, locks put on immediately and everything sold off to pay the debts, not pay Eric back what he has put in over the years, as far as I'm concerned he lost everything then and shouldn't have the right to claim anything back from the club, if it was me i'd be making him pay on the gate when he comes

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 20:25   #88

Thumbs up Re: Ilyas on BBC Radio Lancashire

Thanks for the link to the interview whoever it was - I missed it live so just listened to the whole thing and enjoyed it - very straight talking and honest but thats nowt new for our Ilyas, however like some others on here, I am concerned about the passing of 'control' at the end of the season. Lets see how it pans out.

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 21:43   #89
Senior Member+

So EW wants repaying for loans to the club? I find it shocking. Iylas puts in hundreds of thousands as a donation for no return and the man who let the tax bill build up wants his money back!
Are they interest free loans?
Is Oneill putting the cost of paying back these loans onto the club instead of funding them himself? Is it wrong to presume a financially capable owner would clear the debts and start a fresh, not leaving the liability on the football club?

The more we know, the worse it gets.
Are any of the 'give your wages to the club' brigade who purchased B shares had access to the accounts yet?
Or are you still going to criticse me and other likeminded who are protesting with our pockets and using your argument 'the club needs the money so just pay up and ask questions later'. It was the same argment/mentality which allowed the SOS fund raising to go along for so long without to many people asking questions.

Please, dont be lead along again. Refuse to buy a season ticket and any merchandise until when get some clarity and concrete answers.
After nearly going bust, I think the fans have a right to the truth no matter how murky it may turn out to be.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 22:04   #90
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Yet another promise? - I've lost count of how many times he's 'promised' it will be sorted, time for him to clear off & let someone who knows how to run a football club take over
DAVE O’Neill has promised Accrington Stanley fans that his takeover will be completed by the end of the season.

Why, I ask myself, does DoN feel the need to continue making these pronouncements to the Fans of Accrington Stanley ??.
Does he get some sort of perverse pleasure from seeing his questionable quotations displayed across the back pages of the Lancashire Telegraph ?.
Or is he attempting in some nefarious way, to reassure us that his intentions are not quite as dishonourable as some would have it ??.

Perhaps it is some sort of an IQ Test for us all, intended to test our long-term memories in respect of past prevarications uttered by this man at some of the most traumatic time in the recent history of our great Club ?.

Was I alone, I wonder, in sensing a cold and slightly uncomfortable feeling running up and down my ageing spine when reading tonight's cringe-making article in t'Telegraph ?. which left me asking my original question .......'What motivates the Managing Director of Accrington Stanley Football Club to keep on making nebulous promises to those fans upon whom the future of the Club depends ??.

(I did have a rather paranoid thought when reading this article...that by making these promises then DoN was actually creating a ploy to exact some revenge in reprisal for all the negative criticisms from fans which may have suggested that he had been rather econonomic with the truth in the past...allegedly !..But that couldn't really be so...Could it ?? ).

All of which leads me....on this occasion ....to view AccyMad's
post with some degree of empathy !!....

'ON STANLEY !...ON !!...to greater things !!...

Last edited by yonmon; 15-04-2010 at 22:07.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..