Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2010, 18:10   #46

Re: Ilyas on BBC Radio Lancashire

BDC, please take a few minutes to listen to the interview and then I reckon you might not have the same question. the website is a very very brief snatch of the whole conversation, and i would respectfully suggest that you might not have the same concern. I am more than happy to address questions very directly but on this occasion the interview was unedited, and i am happy that it is a fair and accurate reflection of what i believe.

I really do hope you can listen. If not, then come back again and i will try to address your question.

Ilyas
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-04-2010, 18:35   #47

Ilyas dont leave the club in the hands of others who have failed before!!!!

i.e EW and D'ON!!

IF you are 'leaving' find somebody better/more capabler of taking the club forward!

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 18:51   #48

Dear Accy/Aggro. You obviously feel very strongly about the situation. I respect your passion. Rather than try to do this on the bulletin board, why dont you give me a call ? 07826 600600. You can always text me, and i will give you a buzz back at a time that is convenient. I really do hope i can help you feel a bit more comfortable.

Ilyas
Old 14-04-2010, 19:37   #49
bdc

Ilyas,

I have now listened to most of the interview and I am still concerned that with David back in charge all the problems of old will come back in relation to the way he run the club before you and Peter stepped in. I also think that with David back at the helm it will have an adverse effect on the club in relation to season ticket sales. Most people believe that David cannot be trusted to run the club himself and more because of the shambles that happened last October where David consistently fooled the fans into thinking everything was ok.

I think that most fans would be in agreement that we would like you to carry on, I know that you can't dedicate the time that other chairmen can. However the communication from the club since you took over the helm has been brilliant and I think that everyone would feel more comfortable with you still in charge. If David takes over then there are no guarantees that the open communication that you have kept with the fans will carry on.

As a personal plea I would like you to reconsider your decision to step down from being the Chairmen and I think that if you ask any other fan they would probably say the same.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 19:41   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Ilyas,

I have now listened to most of the interview and I am still concerned that with David back in charge all the problems of old will come back in relation to the way he run the club before you and Peter stepped in. I also think that with David back at the helm it will have an adverse effect on the club in relation to season ticket sales. Most people believe that David cannot be trusted to run the club himself and more because of the shambles that happened last October where David consistently fooled the fans into thinking everything was ok.

I think that most fans would be in agreement that we would like you to carry on, I know that you can't dedicate the time that other chairmen can. However the communication from the club since you took over the helm has been brilliant and I think that everyone would feel more comfortable with you still in charge. If David takes over then there are no guarantees that the open communication that you have kept with the fans will carry on.

As a personal plea I would like you to reconsider your decision to step down from being the Chairmen and I think that if you ask any other fan they would probably say the same.

Thats exactly what i mean...

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 20:01   #51

guys, its difficult to react to the last two emails. I think that David and I really did shake hands, and I have always been a person who keeps his word. If i were to change the "rules" now, then I would be no better than others that I have criticised.

I do, however, want to try and reassure as many people as possible, and someone has sent me an email requesting the chance to have an open forum at the club where people can air their concerns. My instinct is to have David and Rob come along - and with an open invitation to Eric as well, with all fans being welcome to sit down. The only rules will be that we treat each other with courtesy.

What do people think ? is that a good idea ? at least we can have a chance to say our piece ?

Ilyas
Old 14-04-2010, 20:04   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
guys, its difficult to react to the last two emails. I think that David and I really did shake hands, and I have always been a person who keeps his word. If i were to change the "rules" now, then I would be no better than others that I have criticised.

I do, however, want to try and reassure as many people as possible, and someone has sent me an email requesting the chance to have an open forum at the club where people can air their concerns. My instinct is to have David and Rob come along - and with an open invitation to Eric as well, with all fans being welcome to sit down. The only rules will be that we treat each other with courtesy.

What do people think ? is that a good idea ? at least we can have a chance to say our piece ?

Ilyas
This seems like a very good and fair way forward, good idea!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 20:20   #53
God Member

The timing of that Ilyas does need to be sooner rather than later

I appreciate you are a very busy person but with the Season Tickets now being promoted this is a Key Time for the Club & Fans to help build those broken bridges.

People do have lots of key questions about what is going on behind the scenes and this may help perhaps allay some people's fears whilst perhaps helping everyone to understand the Stanley vision of the Future.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 20:21   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post

Ilyas
agree it is a good idea, gotta say though have reservations about some folk keeping to the rules.
Old 14-04-2010, 20:23   #55
bdc

I think it may be a good idea but the last time we had a forum we were told everything was ok with club before the beginning of the season! Being honest Ilyas I just don't trust David being left to run the club plus the fact he doesn't ever seem to tell the complete truth.

I hope that a fans forum would be able to clear up some of the underlying issues in relation to moving the club forward and pushing for the play offs next season. However in truth I don't know if it would be worth having if it is the same as the last one with the lack of substance to the answers given by Rob and David.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 20:25   #56

Pendle, why dont we do this. Lets see just what interest there is in this idea and i will promise to do what i can to set it up. I really do appreciate your concerns, but on the season ticket i respectfully suggest that NOT buying a ticket is the wrong response to the worry about who will be running the club. the season ticket sales help the club survive through the lean close season and ultimately ends up paying wages, so i would ask that you are able to distinguish between your concern on the one hand, and the basic housekeeping on the other hand.

thanks
Old 14-04-2010, 20:25   #57
Super Moderator

A fans forum superb!!

The passionate "owners" + the FANtastic fans + King Coley sounds like "pay 4 view"!!!

Set it up soon and "the club" may make a few bob as well!!

Pls keep the faith, with all our positives + we're "in the black"; upwards "the reds"!!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 20:26   #58
God Member

I dont think having eric there is a good idea, too much ill feeling towards him after what he did.
Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 20:28   #59
God Member

Ilyas my concern is more with other people not my self, hence why I was pointing out it is possibly the most important time of the Year not just from a fans point of view but also the basic bread & butter of sponsors and possible new fans.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 20:29   #60
Senior Member+

stanleymad, i think eric's attendance is essential, oneills attendance is just as controversial.

great idea Iylas, important at the start of the meeting you make it clear to everyone (both the panel and the fans) there is nothing to be gained from personal insults.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..