Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2010, 22:08   #136
Super Moderator

Re: Ilyas on BBC Radio Lancashire

It may be my imagination, but there seems to be a lot more young 'uns on the Clayton End than there used to be, especially teenagers. Reckon a lot of this is down to the sterling efforts of Jase and the chaps who have made it a more exciting, atmospheric and colourful place to be. However, I think the club need to back up this up with special deals, especially for the age bracket Google Page Ranking was talking about, so it's a more attractive proposition from a cost point of view than Ewood or the Turf. Time to make Stanley the new rock 'n' roll!
Old 16-04-2010, 22:14   #137
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Great stuff these announcements in the Observer, unfortunately I have as much chance of getting an Observer as you have of getting a Galloway News. It's a good job that the SPL fixtures are such that I can get down to the game tomorrow and get an Observer but why is this not on the website. There are quite a few of us who are not local but come down from time to time and would like to know whats going on.

It looked like it would be worth my while buying a season ticket for the number of games I get down to for this season but when i emailed the club with a few questions to help me decide I got no reply so I didn't get one. I may consider one this season as with the vouchers thrown in it would be £120 which equates to how many games?
Twenty Three home games in League Two for your £120 or as a walk on £345 or £299 using C3PO

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 16-04-2010 at 22:23.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 22:34   #138
God Member

walk ons simply HAVE to be cheaper! these are what we don't attract!!!!!!!!!
Old 17-04-2010, 06:29   #139
Super Moderator

Ilyas as always THANK YOU!!!

So many positive points and so many questions to answer!!

Briefly new stadiums can be what you want if self funded.(and the planners grant it) Morecambe's will have terracing because they aren't getting any grants, because they don't tick enough boxes.

Chesterfield wanted terracing, but aren't having any as the are reliant on grants ( Football Foundation now only pay up to 40%, where as after Bradford there was 90% available)

The future vision is FANtastic (as always) however we have to meet Football League criteria NOW and we don't. They(FL) may accept this grand plan and allow us dispensation, but it will need a good man to work it through!! But I suppose if anybody can, ILYAS CAN!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 07:25   #140

Mr T, over the summer we must work as a club to meet the minimum club for FL. As i said on the radio I dont think ASFC will be moving anywhere for a while. The plans that I want to develop will take some time. And the local authority (and possibly LCC) will need to be absolutely part of the vision and partners in the roll out. So, briefly, you are right, but in the interim we must not take undue advantage of the goodwill of the FL, and we need to do a fair bit of renovation work (not least the pitch !)

cheers
Ilyas
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 07:43   #141
Senior Member+

some mornings you think "lets have a quick look on Accy web with a brew before facing the world" so you have a quick look and nothing much has changed, so its off out you go

and other mornings you switch on the laptop and within 5 minutes your running round the house shouting YES !YES !YES !

Danish ale Brewers didn't make the best Chairman in the land ........ACCRINGTON DID!

thank you Ilyas for lifting our heads out of the dark, day to day infighting and allowing us to look to the future and smile at the sun

Loweiy
Old 17-04-2010, 08:03   #142
God Member

Can't think of a better way to say it than what Loweiy just said so I won't elaborate - just once again, thanks Ilyas - you're a gem
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 08:41   #143
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

One very very Happy Bunny, here this morning.
Old 17-04-2010, 09:54   #144
God Member

I think all anybody wants is what is Best for Accrington Stanley FC

Debate is healthy and it's good not everybody see things from the same perspective as everbody else

SFFS
Old 17-04-2010, 10:05   #145
God Member

Accrington Stanley in talks over second-hand stand (From Lancashire Telegraph)

SFFS
Old 17-04-2010, 13:09   #146
Resting in Peace

For Gods sake lets not skimp on the pitch, above all else. Levelling is the bare minimum that is required, plus raising the whole surface up. Sixty grand won't cover what's needed!

Last edited by Redraine; 17-04-2010 at 13:12.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..