Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2010, 20:32   #61

Re: Ilyas on BBC Radio Lancashire

I can understand that there may be reservations about certain people attending. However, if we focus only on what is in the club's interest, and insist on basic rules of etiquette and good manners, then there is nothing to be afraid of. I can always get someone to collect questions so there is no worry about intimidation.
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-04-2010, 20:36   #62
God Member

Everybody should want to be involved, if this Club wants to move forward the Barriers need to come down (That is not directed at you Ilyas)

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 20:37   #63
God Member

Agreed, EW really should be there, if possible!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 20:44   #64
God Member

Ok, should least clear things up once and for all, and give fans clarity.
Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 20:49   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Ok, should least clear things up once and for all, and give fans clarity.
Posted via Mobile Device
That last word is the key to everything since October last year we have had that and I think most peoples fear is that it may again become a thing of the past.

We may not always agree with everything that goes on at the Club but Clarity always commands Respect, the two words are entwined

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 20:53   #66
God Member

Sorry to say this but if EW and DO'N are still involved with the club next season they won't be seeing any more of my money.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 21:30   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Sorry to say this but if EW and DO'N are still involved with the club next season they won't be seeing any more of my money.
So you lose the joy and anguish of supporting Stanley, the club loses your support (financial and vocal), and EW and DO'N lose nothing whatsoever . Don't understand, sorry.
Old 14-04-2010, 21:30   #68
Senior Member+

Fans forum would be good, and if Ilyas is happy with the running of the club than so am i, and on the interview he says "his club" , "that he aint going anywhere" so Ilyas will always be about, he speaks very passionatly about the club, and the fans,

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 21:38   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
So you lose the joy and anguish of supporting Stanley, the club loses your support (financial and vocal), and EW and DO'N lose nothing whatsoever . Don't understand, sorry.
i agree with that, if you dont care what goes on behind the doors, get on the terrace suport the lads and coley and jb for 90mins, have passion, pride, belief, the fans are the 12th men at the games, give the players that extra boost and belief aswell

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 21:42   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I also have no love fer E.W, or the DoN, theres only 1 thing would make me stay away n it sure aint those 2, have already re-newed season ticket, so i'm wi you on this Chimer.
Old 14-04-2010, 22:30   #71
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

I to have renewed my season ticket JC and the lads need our surport
Old 14-04-2010, 23:45   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
Wrong.

There seems to be only 2 things which motivate these men, money and status.
They wont be getting any more of my money.

I hope the young kid who I gave me season ticket to walking out of the match enjoys the last 3 home games.

Going to away games is the perfect solution; you get to support JC and the team without giving your money to the undesirable others.

Admitadly, only a handful of voices and cash in protest to the ownership/control issue wont have a great effect, but its about principle.

If I dont like the union I stop paying subs, if I dont like my MP I dont vote for them, if I dont want like Tesco I shop in Sainsburys and with the owners of my beloved club; I dont give them any of my cash.

Its a real mix bag of a season, we have a fantastic supporter in Iylas Khan who saved the club and a trememdous effort by alot of stanley fans; however we finish the season with the same status quo and no sign of them or the club being founded/controlled by the fan base, which is ultimatly the community.

Theres only 2 ways to run Stanley. With a sugar daddy at a loss or as a community project of sorts with huge participation and support from a variety of local groups/bodies.
The situation of having an 'owner' without the financial clout to sustain the club may well result in another HMRC notice.

Role on 2010/11 away days.

Last edited by DAV007; 14-04-2010 at 23:47.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 00:37   #73
Senior Member+

In a strange way I agree with everyone so far ?????

Fans Forum would be interesting for sure, But I wonder if I would leave feeling the same way I felt last time ?

Its about TRUST, I firmly believe that ILYAS would not Deceive us knowingly !!!! However I could not say the same about others. So how would I feel after the Forum ??? Happy with the answers or worried I was being kept sweet with words.

Before a forum we the fans will think of questions ???? So will the people answering them, But they will have thought out how they will answer ??

Sorry for being negative, But right now I feel like I have just been told I have Cancer(but they dont know if its terminal or not)

What Ilyas has done so far is beyond the Mark, to say the least, to put all the effort and money forward with NO long term ability to control that investment or effort. That is something we may just have to be happy with, just being there and enjoying being part of it.
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 06:52   #74
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Wrong.

Going to away games is the perfect solution; you get to support JC and the team without giving your money to the undesirable others.

Admitadly, only a handful of voices and cash in protest to the ownership/control issue wont have a great effect, but its about principle.

Role on 2010/11 away days.
A contradiction in terms. Please stop stirring up s***. Your 'perfect solution' if followed by others on a large scale will kill your beloved club and render Ilyas' work pointless.

Not a fan of EW,DON or RH personally but the club must be bigger than these people and if they are onboard that won't stop me supporting the club.

What do you hope to acheive throught not putting in to the club?? If the club ends up going to the wall because of a return to cloak and dagger and deception it will be bad enough, but if it were the fault of fans being too stubborn to look beyond their own reservations then that is unforgivable.

I understand your reservations and share your disgust at events of last year - but there is no way to separate the income to the players and staff from the presumed income to the board.

Please reconsider your stance, or at the least refrain from posting it, so as others don't see this as the correct and appropriate action.

ps. I think the forum has to be an essential part of the rebuilding of trust and merits its own thread
Old 15-04-2010, 07:27   #75
Senior Member+

Da Beast

I can understand what you are saying, but please tell me what other options do I have to protest?

Some of these men where happy to go to court with no more than a plea - if it was left upto them their is a chance we would be talking about 'the good old days'.
I think Iylas Khan as the man we all trust is the key to the solution.

I dont want to bring up the past, but what assurances can we have they have learnt from the past and have the financial ability going forward.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..