Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2010, 23:30   #31
Full Member+

Re: Ilyas on BBC Radio Lancashire

BBC iPlayer - Sport: 13/04/2010

try here
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-04-2010, 06:20   #32
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Been on the radio news this morning that Ilyas is stepping down as chairman at end of season
Old 14-04-2010, 07:39   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Been on the radio news this morning that Ilyas is stepping down as chairman at end of season

They are basically just taking one line out of his interview and making a headline of it. It's what Ilyas said he is planning BUT he did go on to suggest it may or may not happen. Sounded to me like everything is up in the air
Old 14-04-2010, 07:55   #34
Senior Member+

But I bet he's gotta a Illyas approved replacement

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 11:20   #35
Senior Member+

This makes everything uncertain? Has EW sold his shares yet?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 11:51   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
This makes everything uncertain? Has EW sold his shares yet?
There's never been an answer to this, so perhaps we should presume not.

I didn't hear interview but, reading the LET's desperate attempt to generate a headline, I take it that Ilyas said he wouldn't be chairman next year if things stay as they are.

Would anyone who has listened, or can listen to, the interview care to comment on whether this was what Ilyas meant?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 11:54   #37
God Member

Ilyas did say in the interview that Eric still owns 51% of the shares according to Companies House, which is the official measure. However you really need to listen to the interview to get the in's and out's of it all.
Old 14-04-2010, 11:54   #38
Resting in Peace

If I was in Ilyas's position, having single handedly saved the club from oblivion and ploughed in all that cash, I certainly wouldn't be as relaxed as he seems to be about the ownership issue.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 12:06   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
If I was in Ilyas's position, having single handedly saved the club from oblivion and ploughed in all that cash, I certainly wouldn't be as relaxed as he seems to be about the ownership issue.

He's rather a relaxed guy anyway, but he did go on to explain that its not about ownership of shares as such, as they mean nothing [his words] but in respect to the debt - that's where the control of the club lies. So gather that it is Himself thats the controller really, was rather confusing.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 12:22   #40
Resting in Peace

He said the club is debt free. Nothing to stop Eric selling the club to his mate Vaughan, then, if he's not in gaol. Very reassuring.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 14:05   #41

Former Chester City owner Stephen Vaughan arrested - Chester Chronicle
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 16:10   #42
God Member

Again, apologies for not being able to listen to his words, but did Ilyas refer to the investigations into the club's finances/accounts etc, which I understood to be in hand?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 17:54   #43

Exile - good evening. We were able to finalise the appointment of Pierces as company accountants. the audit for the past couple of seasons is now in hand, and i am confident that based on their work we can also look more carefully at anything which needs to be investigated further back. HOwever, i really do want to ensure that there is clarity here. as i have said in the past (like a broken record) this is a community club, and the purpose of the investigation is not meant to be a witch hunt, but to really make sure that we have a true record of the balance sheet, and address any questions that might still be ambiguous.

Happy, as always, to be asked directly.

Ilyas
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 18:06   #44
bdc

Good evening Ilyas,

I have not heard the interview from last night but according the BBC sport website David is going to taking over the reins again as chairman. Do you honestly feel that he is capable of leading us onto the next chapter and help move the club forward? After everything that happened last year I dont think he is the right man.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 18:06   #45
God Member

Good stuff glad its got sorted properly and hope everything is in order, no worries
Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..